Busa vs Kawi H2 SX

electronics are for the birds....

some people just like nice things and nice builds(ohlins and titanium pipes).... nobody NEEDS a corvette either... and as far as going to tracks to get a rush... are u crazy? some people(like me) work soooo often that its trough to find even a few hours a week to do this.... and im not alone... we all end up in the street throwing down at 2 am... that's how it goes... street racing has a long and sordid history... but nevertheless a history...… stunting has one also.. just because one doesn't understand it doesn't mean its not gonna happen or its the worst idea ever...

I agree with you about ripping up the streets at 2am. Its not that I disagree with riding on tracks..... But all I have to do is hear a coupla bikes at night (I live near a motorway) while in bed....... I then tell my wife that im gonna pick up a midnight snack at the gas station...... and Im gone. I unleash on the high way and then return....... and tell my wife the pie I ate at the station was good.:laugh:

Another flawed video showing modded bikes against stock bikes out on the streets rolling along and then comparing acceleration...and the riders for the most part not even wearing proper gear....

Have you seen videos where the bikes are tested individually on a closed circuit by a professional rider (the same rider)-that's a true test of performance.

Anything else is just an estimate because even on paper where bikes are seemingly superior, they lose in real world conditions.

My $0.02 for what it's worth.

Another flawed video showing
modded bikes against stock bikes
out on the streets rolling along
and then comparing acceleration . . .

And the riders for the most part
not even wearing proper gear . . .

Have you seen videos
where the bikes are tested
individually on a closed circuit
by a professional rider ( the same rider )
- that is a true test of performance .

Anything else is just an estimate
because even on paper
where bikes are seemingly superior,
they lose in real world conditions .

My $0.02
for what
it is worth .

That is more apples to apples but it still omitted the other liter bikes of the time.
If there was a similar video made with the liter bikes of today, I believe the H2 would be king but what would be the pecking order I wonder? I have read somewhere the RSV4 is a strong contender for being second to the H2 over the S1000RR.

The other companies better step up to the plate or strike out when it comes to taking the top spot from Kawasaki but where would it all end? How fast is too fast for a street bike placed in the hands of potential novices.

Clearly the Hayabusa and ZX14 are not in the running any longer. They will have a place but not as a hyper bike in stock form.

I would still take my Hayabusa over any of the current liter bikes regardless of how fast they are.

That is more apples to apples
but it still omitted the other liter bikes of the time .

If there was a similar video made with the liter bikes of today,
I believe the H2 would be king but what would be the pecking order I wonder ?

I have read somewhere
the RSV4 is a strong contender
for being second to the H2 over the S1000RR .

The other companies better step up to the plate
or strike out when it comes to taking the top spot
from Kawasaki but where would it all end ?

How fast is too fast for a street bike placed in the hands of potential novices .

Clearly the Hayabusa and ZX14 are not in the running any longer.

They will have a place but not as a hyper bike in stock form.

I would still take my Hayabusa
over any of the current liter bikes
regardless of how fast they are .

everybody knows im not a big H2 fan... but I WILL say... if outright acceleration is ure interest... or top end... the H2 RESPONDS to mods AMAZINGLY... due to the fact its possible to raise the redline of the bike through the ECU... IN TURN.... generating more boost... MUCH more boost.... ive seen 250-270hp at THE WHEEL...…………. how long it will live at that level......……. who the hell knows...…..

Bottom line is this;
ALL the late model 1k's are so close in hp and acceleration...that it doesn't really matter.
If you want to drag race or road race, then there will be a "number 1" bike for each, but, depending on the rider, they may be faster on the number 2, or 3 bike on that list.
Then, next year, something a little quicker will show up.
So, the best bike to buy is the one that YOU think is the most comfortable, looks the best, your favorite brand, or whatever checks all the boxes for YOU the rider.
I agree that roll on racing may not be the most accurate testing, but it does give a great look at just how close all these bikes are. One accelerates better in the midrange, the next hits harder on top, but they are All competive enough to where the best rider of the group, on the bike They prefer, will win, even if their chosen bike is "slower" than the competition.

Bikes are like computers, you would need to buy one constantly to keep up to the "best."

I agree, the bike which an individual deems is their favorite is the winner in my books, whether that be a scooter or a Harley, if it makes the rider happy, it is all that matters.

It would be challenge to live on the cutting edge these days.

All this talk about "best" I don't care
I always wanted A Busa. Now I have a Busa
I do not care about anything else that's out there. It's already faster than I can ride safely on any road I'm likely to be on.
Amen to that!
My sediments exactly

It’s anazing they still compare these bikes to the latest and greatest

Every motorcycle/car has it's form and function. Manufacturer design and build motorcycles/car on similar platforms to compete within a segment. That we all understand; I wanted to bring that to the forefront.

For me, the Kawasaki H2 and the Suzuki Hayabusa aren't "natural" competitors. The Kawasaki ZX-14 is the natural competitor for the Suzuki Hayabusa.

Though for this thread, let's compare them.

Price Per Horsepower/Value:
H2 SE - 197 BHP for $19000 = $96.45 USD per BHP
Hayabusa - 197 BHP for $14799 = $75.13 USD per BHP

The performance point; for me, is a very important point in choosing any type bike. Electronic features, comfort and styling are also very important; though these factors vary wildly based on bike type, purpose, skill, age and preference.

One unified agreement; from novice riders, to journalist, to advance riders; the Hayabusa is a better daily rider. The Busa has better leg and seat room, better ergo's and is more practical in daily use.

If I were to "hit the lottery for million," I would buy a 2015 Kawasaki H2 as an investment. Like the 1999 Suzuki Hayabusa, the 2015 H2 will be a collectors item. Both bikes will increasing in value in the long term.

As a rider, I'll stick to a Busa. It continues to do all I ask of it. There is nothing like a Busa. That's why, after 20 years, the Hayabusa is still the measuring stick for all sport and super bikes. For me, the Hayabusa remains the motorcycle; "King of the Streets."

Gen I and Gen II Busa's are older and slower than this "new kid on the block." Though Busa's still have the respect and admiration of any rider. It gets; "the nod" as resigning king !

Last edited:
Spell checking needs some work!:rolleyes:

“Though Busa's still have the respect and admiration of any rider. It gets; "the nod" as resigning king !”

Reigning king would be my guess eh?:D

Back