Busa vs Kawi H2 SX

A 2018 busa is a 10 year old bike with different colors and abs. They can’t charge the $18,000 price tag. The next gen will if it ever happens. It’s anazing they still compare these bikes to the latest and greatest and they are still competive. If you were to eliminate the cool factor of the supercharger the busa would be rated better.
I am suprised they are same size and weight is very close. Would expect the kaw to be way lighter.

Only thing on thst list h2sx has is aluminum wheels. And a supercharger and tons of cool electronics.

That’s actually a lot.....:D

Kinda like saying the only thing that separates my trailer from your Condo is more rooms and an ocean side view:rolleyes:

Motorcycles have been motorcycles for quite some time. Frame, engine, and 2 wheels...... So it’s the little things that separate a bike from 2008 and 2018. Body styling, electronics, suspension, engine performance etc. Not to say that a seasoned rider on a 10 year old bike couldn’t embarrass a squid on a brand new 1. But you can’t tell me that the same rider under the same riding conditions will post idientical times on bikes 10 years apart.

This kinda shows how the Busa has fallen behind on the latest greatest 1K bikes, but still not bad for a 20 year old platform.

Different folks different strokes, but if I wanted a race bike which really comes to it's own on the track it would be the new V4 Ducati, if I wanted a bike which is reliable, comfortable and has more than a few seconds of jail time performance on the street, nothing beats the current Gen II Busa.

Between the ages of 16 and 24 years old I lost 8 of my 9 lives on motorrcycles and stopped riding. I started riding again when my last kid finished college and I was 50 and with a bit more maturity I have had no close calls as i ride responsibly. That said, it beats me why anyone would need Titanium pipes, Ohlins suspension, improved brakes etc. for every day street riding.

If you want a real motorcycle rush, there are two ways to get it. One, go to the track, two go ride single track trails on a dirt bike. The street is the last place to go look for that and an H2 will not even feature on the bottom of my list.

Last edited:
electronics are for the birds....
This kinda shows how the Busa has fallen behind on the latest greatest 1K bikes, but still not bad for a 20 year old platform.

Different folks different strokes, but if I wanted a race bike which really comes to it's own on the track it would be the new V4 Ducati, if I wanted a bike which is reliable, comfortable and has more than a few seconds of jail time performance on the street, nothing beats the current Gen II Busa.

Between the ages of 16 and 24 years old I lost 8 of my 9 lives on motorrcycles and stopped riding. I started riding again when I was 50 and with a bit more maturity I have had no close calls as i ride responsibly. That said, it beats me why anyone would need Titanium pipes, Ohlins suspension, improved brakes etc. for every day street riding.

If you want a real motorcycle rush, there are two ways to get it. One, go to the track, two go ride single track trails on a dirt bike. The street is the last place to go look for that and an H2 will not even feature on the bottom of my list.

some people just like nice things and nice builds(ohlins and titanium pipes).... nobody NEEDS a corvette either... and as far as going to tracks to get a rush... are u crazy? some people(like me) work soooo often that its trough to find even a few hours a week to do this.... and im not alone... we all end up in the street throwing down at 2 am... that's how it goes... street racing has a long and sordid history... but nevertheless a history...… stunting has one also.. just because one doesn't understand it doesn't mean its not gonna happen or its the worst idea ever...

electronics are for the birds....

some people just like nice things and nice builds(ohlins and titanium pipes).... nobody NEEDS a corvette either... and as far as going to tracks to get a rush... are u crazy? some people(like me) work soooo often that its trough to find even a few hours a week to do this.... and im not alone... we all end up in the street throwing down at 2 am... that's how it goes... street racing has a long and sordid history... but nevertheless a history...… stunting has one also.. just because one doesn't understand it doesn't mean its not gonna happen or its the worst idea ever...

Hey, Ali is talking to me again.:banana:

Read my post again, you missed what I did when I was young and pretty like you. The thing is, in my profession I could lose my licence to practice if I end up with a felony for doing 100mph on the street and it simply is not worth the risk at where I am in life today. But yes, I use to be young and stupid 30 years ago, in a country where you could get away with a whole lot more than the USA allows. Since then I have raised two kids, both educated, successful and making beyond 6 figure salaries. If you ever get there, you will understand how life changes our outlook.

Hey, Ali is talking to me again.:banana:

Read my post again, you missed what I did when I was young and pretty like you. The thing is, in my profession I could lose my licence to practice if I end up with a felony for doing 100mph on the street and it simply is not worth the risk at where I am in life today. But yes, I use to be young and stupid 30 years ago, in a country where you could get away with a whole lot more than the USA allows. Since then I have raised two kids, both educated, successful and making beyond 6 figure salaries. If you ever get there, you will understand how life changes our outlook.
im my profession... I will lose my job also.... its either in a person or it isn't...… like boxing... a person either had the ballz to get in that ring in their underwear and possibly humiliated or they don't..... most don't.

im my profession... I will lose my job also.... its either in a person or it isn't...… like boxing... a person either had the ballz to get in that ring in their underwear and possibly humiliated or they don't..... most don't.

How many stripes does that earn you?

Back