Busa transport: Illinois to Virginia

IMXCITD

Registered
I am closing a deal on a pretty clean '03 busa in Illinios.

If anyone is traveling from the north (Illinios) to the east coast...Virginia or anywhere close and would be interested in transporting a busa for me...I would really appreciate it and would be willing to pay. Just posting in case I luck out and a forum member is traveling in this direction.

thanks for your help!

Bill
Turbowjr@yahoo.com

thanks for the info. I know it's gonna run around 500 or 600 with a company...hoping to cut that number down by catching a ride with somebody part way or going to get it myself.

Not sure what I can do to help you out but I am in VA Beach so when you get that baby back here let me know.

You may want to place an ad on uship.com and see what kind of offers you get. Usually cheaper than talking directly with shipping companies. :beerchug:

Hey dino, where at the beach do you live? I grew in va beach, went to kempsville high school. I live in T.N. now, but all my folks are still there.

hook me up with a plane ticket and gas money and i'll deliver it for you.

Well, I live in Mishawaka, IN, right off the 80/90 toll road. if anyone is heading that way and wants to transport his bike, they can feel free to stay at my house for the night.

thanks for all the help guys!

the bike is in Geneva IL (near chicago?) and I am in chesapeake/portsmouth Va.

thanks!!
Bill

When I made this decision, I looked at the cost of getting there, transport, hotel, meals, etc. and decided to pay the $500. This way the bike was insured and carried in secure transit. Trying to ride it home would have also required getting a title, registration, and insurance, which all would have been fine if I could have found an easy way out there. To me, the $500 was a pretty easy decision, given my work schedule.

I would spend the 500 or 600 to ship it. I just delivered my busa to Virgina beach a few weeks ago and for a cheep trip eating Mc donalds, sleeping at super 8, fuel it cost me little over $600.

I would spend the 500 or 600 to ship it. I just delivered my busa to Virgina beach a few weeks ago and for a cheep trip eating Mc donalds, sleeping at super 8, fuel it cost me little over $600.

You were here and didn't let us know so we coulld get some food in you belly? I am hurt.:poke:

You were here and didn't let us know so we coulld get some food in you belly? I am hurt.:poke:

I would have, but i was only in town long enough to drop the busa, get to the bank and head towards DC to drop my 600 off with my brother (that ended up not getting it). If i knew i didn't need to waste my time in DC i would have stayed a little longer.

Plus i was there over labor day weekend and can i say i HATE traffic!!!

I would have, but i was only in town long enough to drop the busa, get to the bank and head towards DC to drop my 600 off with my brother (that ended up not getting it). If i knew i didn't need to waste my time in DC i would have stayed a little longer.

Plus i was there over labor day weekend and can i say i HATE traffic!!!

Labor Day is rough down here for Traffic. Let us know if you ever make it back down this way. :beerchug:

Labor Day is rough down here for Traffic. Let us know if you ever make it back down this way. :beerchug:

Will do. I might have to make a trip out there in the spring to show the guy that got the busa how to make it all work :). He's stationed overseas right now and wont be home till december i think. But if you see my old busa running around, it isnt me :).

Back