Busa Ride through the VA Countryside

Paul, you are definitely King of the Twisties in my book.  I tried my best to keep up with you and DJ, (and you even had a passenger) but had to take a slight diversion over the double-yellow on that one tight turn. :-)
Paul, all I have to say is DAYUM.  I've never seen anyone hit the twisties like you and 2 UP.  you da man....so when is your next cornerspeed course.....:)
Naaaww.....I can't be the man.. Vaughn(Oracle) and Nickslick are the twistie kings in my book. Someone once bragged to me that the busa isn't worth owning cause it was worthless  in the turns, of course they ride a Kaw. I've made it a mission to make them eat those words. :o) Plus, I feel much safer on the curves than letting it run all out at speed..drivers license retention is a plus too.. haahaa
face7.gif
Yeah true that ... after seeing Nick's videos and hearing about Rip and Ben ... I'm guessing that they can really lean a Busa ... and did you see the scraps on the lower fairing on someone's bike? I think it was 'WWJD' ... now that is some twisty riding.

I would like to extend a not-so-warm "What the heck is going on?" to VDOT.
mad.gif

We hit the twisties on Rt 33 and I nearly lost it due to gravel being spread all over the corners. So, I figure either a gravel truck accidentally dropped it while they were re-graveling the shoulders or VDOT put it there to slow down bikers. I certainly hope it wasn't the latter.

Anyway, I am glad I got the hazzard signal back to everyone in time who was following me. I slid a little because I was already leaning into the first corner before I realized there was gravel. I guess next time I will interpret the big orange sign differently that said "LOOSE GRAVEL." I thougth it meant loose gravel on the shoulder, not the freakin highway!

rant.gif

I'm done. Glad we all made it through okay!

Take care,

Postal.

I have to agree... Not much fun when two up leaning either!!! 04BusaVa was behind us and saw both of us getting a little lose. VDOT being fully aware of the traffic and a favorite motorcycling route could have been aggressively vigilant of the road conditions. Most importantly we all got through it safely and had a chance to reflect.

Some of my favorite pics from the ride (and from my camera) ....

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097604788 -->

More... "Hey Shell, turn around."
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097604872 -->

Martin! 04busaVA..... Who could forget that haircut..
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097600765 -->

Back