Busa Ride through the VA Countryside

warbrown

Bald and Busafied
Donating Member
Registered
Thanks to Postal for putting this ride together.  I had a great time and really enjoyed getting to meet some of you.  No accidents, no tickets, no lost riders...  Almost a perfect ride.  (It would have been perfect except for SageRonin's attempt to run down that Amish woman.)  Here is a link to the pics from my camera.  If any of you have other pics from the ride, add them to this thread for all to share.

10-09-04 Ride Photographs

www.warrenbrown.com images missing

Warbrown, and everyone else who rode today: You are welcome, and it was my pleasure putting this together. I want to thank Sage too for all of his help. "Thanks Sage!" Every time we have one of these rides we get more bikes. I want to express my appreciaition to everyone who rode today and say "thanks" for being safe. If it wasn't for Sage's quick reflexes the poor Amish woman would have been parking lot road kill. Great reflexes Sage!
muscle.gif

And great pictures Warbrown! You da man!

To all, til we meet again, enjoy the rest of the year riding your Busas!

Postal.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097370799 -->

Awesome pics. Looks like all of you had a blast. Nothing prettier then seeing that many Busa's all lined up!

Yesterday was sooooooooooooo much fun!! I didnt see the amish chick...but we were right behind DJ when that a**hole swerved at him. Too bad when I was looking throught the video camera this morning SOMEONE (i wont mention names cause thats just not right) forgot to turn the camera on while we were on the first part of 211.
All in all I had a great time, and I cant wait to do it again!

Carrie
A.K.A Pauls backpack

It was definitely a super great time ... nice people ... nice route ... nice day ... thanks Tom and Michelle for the planning and inspiration. Yeah I did turn into the wrong mall in Warrenton, then I tried to smash the Amish lady, then the guy in the pick-up tried to smash me, but it's all good, we all had a safe and fun day ... Warren let me follow him back to Charles Town and we dodges tickets from the troopers ( though I got a siren warning ... whew ), and he dodged a few dear crossing the road. He can really ride too ... wheelies, fast in the sweepers, and don't let him get the jump on you in the straights !! It was great meeting everyone and I can't wait to do this again in the Spring. We had ten Busa's this time, let's double that number next Spring.

VAFall2.JPG

Postal/Sage/VA - Great ride ya'll planned
UU/War - Great pics, I'd love to catch some of the video

The route was awesome, the wealther was great, and everyone was very personable. It was great meeting so many busa riders that are realitively close. I'm definitely down for the next one and if it is out this way we can cruz by my house and BBQ.

If any one wants to ride anytime just hit me up;
martin.pescasio@hq.doe.gov or pescasiomd@adelphia.net

Till next time, ride safe......shiney side up...
ya'll
egitarre77.gif

This was by far the best ride I took part in all season, the nicest and fastest group of people I know. Oh and the craziest...all over the shoulders(81), doing some dirtbike stuff...haahaahaa   I miss you guys already...this should be a monthly thing.

http://community.webshots.com/album/196479972XyMptD
Yeah ... it was absolutely the best for me too ... dang Paul you and your girl ride great together ... twisties ... wheelies and all ... gotta be great to have a pillion that's a part of the bike like that!! Next time I'd definitely like to TRY and follow you all through the curves ... the wheelies are all yours though !!

I can't tell you guys how much fun that was...just amazing to be with a gang of Busas (except for the first leg when I was left behind with the cruisers...hello!  I just wanted to ride with the big boys...jeez!)
tounge.gif

Okay, now that we're all home again, and my baby's already been cleaned up from the grime and bug guts, I have got to admit...when we hit the twisties, I was skeered...I mean, the main thing that kept me upright was the complete and utter fear of being laughed at for dumping my Busa
laugh.gif

But, when I got home last night, I was on cloud 9 and so ready to go again...thanks to DJ for some twisties tips...I may have been the slowest twistie rider in history, but at least I made it through and want to go again...

BT saved me on the way home...yep, from GA, our resident Zaino King saved me.  Mike and I were cruising along, speeding just a little
wink.gif
, when we passed a cop that had gotten out of his car to pick up a flare from the road.  He looked at us as we flew by, and I waved...

About 6 or 7 miles up the road, we're still speeding a little, illegally mounted mounted plates always on my mind, when I see a cop rolling up behind us going along pretty fast...I flashed my lights to Mike so he'd slow up, but he went about another mile before he caught on...we both got over, cop passes me, looks at me and waves...I waved back...same guy that was picking up the flare, so I made a friend and probably saved us from a ticket...ahhh, life is good...
cool.gif

Loved meeting everyone...sorry for the book, but I'm still reeling from just hanging with the Busa gang...my top speed for the day was about 110, I mean just 65...keeping up with some of you on 81 was, ummm, fun!  
wow.gif

Thanks again to everyone...can't wait to do it in the Spring...or monthly, as mentioned above!  
biggrin.gif

Sounds like you all had a great time. It's about time you folks on the wrong coast had a group ride to compare to some of the rides we do here on the right coast. I can say the countryside in the pictures looks completely different from ours here in Cali. Nice pics everyone.
tounge.gif
Bob

I agree with Paul...  This should be a monthly thing.  I've still got a smile on my face.  Paul, you are definitely King of the Twisties in my book.  I tried my best to keep up with you and DJ, (and you even had a passenger) but had to take a slight diversion over the double-yellow on that one tight turn. :-)

Thanks for all of the great pictures, and a great ride.  I'm just sad it's so late in the season.

Paul, you are definitely King of the Twisties in my book.  I tried my best to keep up with you and DJ, (and you even had a passenger) but had to take a slight diversion over the double-yellow on that one tight turn. :-)
Paul, all I have to say is DAYUM.  I've never seen anyone hit the twisties like you and 2 UP.  you da man....so when is your next cornerspeed course.....:)

WOW - What a way to spend an anniversary!!! We greatly enjoyed meeting and riding with everyone. Wonderful group of people, bikes and the opportunity to meet each of you. We put more miles on the bike in one day then we have since mid August. (Due to 130-140 hr pay periods) A little stiff and sore from lack of riding but, a little scotch took care of that but, well worth it. As mentioned the twisties were great!! I haven't had the bike over to the edge with her on the back *before and she just loves it and gained new admiration for the Busa (and a little more confidence in me). BTW - It was nice to see that I'm not the only one riding at times with turn signal on.
tounge.gif
Take care, ride safely, and looking forward to meeting all of you again.
Germain & Tiffani

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Germain, sry I didn't give you props but I only saw you and Tiffani around that first left hander and you were gone.....
Seeing that I couldn't catch you I've gotta give you props..nice riding....

so you wanta tool around WV tomorrow....

Paul, you are definitely King of the Twisties in my book.  I tried my best to keep up with you and DJ, (and you even had a passenger) but had to take a slight diversion over the double-yellow on that one tight turn. :-)
Paul, all I have to say is DAYUM.  I've never seen anyone hit the twisties like you and 2 UP.  you da man....so when is your next cornerspeed course.....:)
Naaaww.....I can't be the man.. Vaughn(Oracle) and Nickslick are the twistie kings in my book. Someone once bragged to me that the busa isn't worth owning cause it was worthless in the turns, of course they ride a Kaw. I've made it a mission to make them eat those words. :o) Plus, I feel much safer on the curves than letting it run all out at speed..drivers license retention is a plus too.. haahaa
face7.gif

Back