busa problem

busa-boy

Registered
how do i wheelie my new 2004 hayabusa?
could wheelie my r1 in 1st or 2nd power or clutch tried the busa no joy just goes forward fast it dont lift please help

You're kidding right?
rock.gif

Most folks wonder how to sto it from wheelie-ing.

Try sliding you butt back, gas on & chop it & back on the gas again.

Don't hurt yerself.

Yep...what MIkey said. no need to clutch it...just stay in first or second, power it up to 4-4500 RPMS chop the throttle and crack it back up to about 5500-6000 RPMS.

She's gonna come up faster than expected, so be ready to get yer azz handed to ya if you're not expecting it. And above all, get your gear before you start doin this stuff. Trust me...you'll be thankful you did.

Be safe...

The trick is go real slow 1st. gear low RPM than quickly roll the trottle while pulling back and up on the handle barsz[ like a quick lean back with feeling, the trick is low RPPM than a little ways out upshift to second with quick flick of throttle allowing the shift up without using the clutch. But remember this a wheelie like this will get you golng real fast quickly. If you think your gonna flip grab the front brake but beware as the front wheel will come down extremly hard , beets a crash also as mentioned abouve wear proper gear

Lannie

thanx guys i asked some advice from a good race tunning place and he said i wouldnt lift it due to some sort or weird clutch on the
ps how can i get a cheap power comander over from the states cheers ride safe

You CAN wheelie it pretty easy but if you plan to keep it up for long distances, you might want to look into the clutch mod!

As for the PCIIIR just call any of the mail order places, they should be able to ship it to you for only a few bucks more than what it costs in the states.

Josh
cool.gif

Even my 300+ lb azz had trouble holdin' Da' Train down on hard runs thru 1st and 2nd.
rock.gif
I think you need to put the other two plug wires back on and try again.
wink.gif

Or, install and BDE/Hindle exhaust, PCIIIR, and a 43t rear sprocket and watch the front try to loop when you roll on hard. No more snappin' the throttle open below third gear, PERIOD!
eek2.gif

Or, don't be skeered. Twist that beeyotch up quick!

Actually, my serious advice would be to buy a junk 600 to try and stunt on so you don't ass up a busa tryin' to wheelie. The looooooooong wheelbase of the busa makes it less than ideal for wheelies. Still, though, if you insist on doin' it on a busa I don't understand why there's a problem gettin' 'er up via throttle.
rock.gif

rock.gif

If you think your gonna flip grab the front brake but beware as the front wheel will come down extremly hard , beets a crash also as mentioned abouve wear proper gear

Lannie
Yeah, grab the front brake with the front wheel head high off the ground. That'll bring it down.
biggrin.gif

Just kiddin' Lannie. I know you meant rear brake.
wink.gif

I love the second gear wheelies.  Just roll to about 30 mph and whack the throttle.  No need to pull on the bars, she'll come up nice and easy.  I'm still learning to switch the gears, but I ride a pretty long 2nd gear one. Since the custom map and full exhaust, I don't care for the first gear ones.  They are a little too erratic.  That baby jumps like a damn bunny rabbit during hunting season in first gear.  There is definitely a noticeable difference when going from bolt-on (or stock) exhaust to a full exhaust.  And with a PCIIIr and a good tuning guy (thanx Johnnycheese!!), you will definitely feel the added power.

Brian

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092856171 -->

If you have not been able to whelie the Busa yet you are not ready.  It will come up very easy just wit the throttle.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092856508 -->

1st gear, throttle only at any speed above 4,000 RPM's
2nd gear, roll off and back on at 6,000+ RPM's (time the roll on with suspension rebound)

If you think your gonna flip grab the front brake but beware as the  front wheel will come down extremly hard , beets a crash also as mentioned abouve wear proper gear

Lannie
Yeah, grab the front brake with the front wheel head high off the ground. That'll bring it down.
biggrin.gif

wink.gif
no I did mean front brake my foot is under the brake lever when i wheelie helps to hold on better and allow for peace sign . what I mean with front brake, well if your bring up the front wheel it spins if you abruptly stop the spinning down and i mean quickly . I've used this brfore doing quarter mile wheelie shows at Edgewater Raceway in cleeves ohio.
anyway it does work if your about to flip try it as the last resort but better be ready for a tank slapper if your not ready for it

Lannie

If you think your gonna flip grab the front brake but beware as the  front wheel will come down extremly hard , beets a crash also as mentioned abouve wear proper gear

Lannie
biggrin.gif

wink.gif
no  I did mean front brake my foot is under the brake lever when i  wheelie helps to hold on better and allow for peace sign . what I mean with front brake, well if your bring up the front wheel it spins if you abruptly stop the spinning  down and i mean quickly . I've used this brfore doing quarter mile wheelie shows at Edgewater Raceway in cleeves ohio.
anyway it does work if your about to flip try it as the last resort but better be ready for a tank slapper if your not ready for it

Lannie
BTW I just roll the throttle on from very slow speed while puling up on handlebar for me it makes the switch to second and so on, which i also do a slow rpm as poss then third the just roll the throttle on as needed I'm within 75 feet of going full quarter mile on it . Also upon landing right beore touch down a little throttle take the bite out of the landing

lannie

... what I mean with front brake, well if your bring up the front wheel it spins if you abruptly stop the spinning  down and i mean quickly .
Ummm, yeah, ok. Sounded better when it was a typo...
rock.gif
think about it the inershsa, i know thats spelled wrong, turnind heavy wheel two big roters and thery're sping right if that stops aburptly then the motercyle is thrown forward so if you've let off the gas the wheel is stopped so must the wheelie. I'm not lying I swear to you this works

Lannie

thanx guys as i said i have been doing wheelies for years just new to busa.
but today i got it de restricted with a home made tre mod and up she rises no problem so thanx for all the advice

Back