750 to busa, bad idea???

hemi

Registered
my 750 was my first bike about 2.5 years ago and i decided i wanted something bigger and a little more comfortable, so last night i traded it in for a new busa. I never laid my 750 down or wrecked it at all, it was a great bike, but now i am kind of terrified of the power this busa has. Any tips for a busa newbie so i can keep the bike in one piece, i absolutely love how the bike rides, it's just once i get this engine broken in this thing will be insane!!! Don't plan on attempting wheelies at all on it, i got it slightly up a few times on my 750 but never really tried for wheelies. I have 2 friends with busa's that flipped them back doin wheelies, so i plan to keep all tires on the ground. I have heard and seen too many horror stories of guys doin wheelies and trashin the bike, i love to ride fast well beyond 100mph+ but the wheelies are just not me

Both are nice:)

P1020403.JPG

You have been riding longer than I have bro....lol. The power comes on fast yet smooth, kind of like a grown mans drink versus jello shots.

that's funny, i did love my gixxer, it was a great bike. The busa rides so much better, i'm just a little scared of the power. The 750 was my first bike ever and i was terrified when i first got it but i just took my time and slowly broke myself into it, just gotta do the same with the busa and teach myself how she runs before i rip on it. I always tell myself, the bike is only as fast as u make it go, that's my little theory that will hopefully keep the rubber on the ground

:welcome: to the org, congrats on the new bike

Did the same thing. 02 gixxer 750 up to an 07 busa. Leaving the deal I could NOT have had a bigger smile. RESPECT IT and you will be fine. After 800 miles I did full exhaust and some things....then I was a bit puckered in the seat department for a bit....but grow to it. All but 2 years old and 3700 miles....rocking it like never before.

You wil be fine....just REPECT it and dont let others lead you to trub before your ready for it.:beerchug:

I went from an old Suzi Gt380, to an old Honda Interceptor 700, to an SV650S, to a GSXR 600, to the Busa. ......and some say I jumped to far going from the 600 to the Busa. To each their own.

that's my problem, when i ride with buddies that are idiots and i try to push it beyond my capabilities. That's how i almost wrecked my 750, trying to keep up with friends around the turns and i had only been ridin for a few months. Rode right through a ditch and almost whacked a huge tree, but luckily i kept the bike upright

Ride your own ride...if they are worth riding with they will wait for you at the next intersection or rest stop. If not...screw em.

it's a good thing i gotta wait 600 miles for the engine to break in, gives me time to get used to how the beast handles. I always respect these bikes and know what they are capable of, i'm not a whimp about riding, i just know that flesh and pavement is not a very good combination and that's why it takes me a while until i open up the beast

If you try to catch up to smaller sport bikes in the canyon, Busa will not cooperate with you. If your ride is twistties and you can't stand being the last guy, get yourself a suspension mod before you do antthing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ride your own ride...if they are worth riding with they will wait for you at the next intersection or rest stop. If not...screw em.

+100000000000000

the busa is gonna be different from any supersport, due to how low the power(torque) comes on and ofcourse the weight. take it easy for a while and ride you ride, and you'll be fine.

:welcome: to hte .ORG

If you try to catch up to smaller sport bikes in the canyon, Busa will not cooperate with you. If your ride is twistties and you can't stand being the last guy, get yourself a suspension mod before you do antthing.
Posted via Mobile Device

I went straight from my 01 gsxr600 to my 06 busa. I was acually surprised to find how well it acually does handle. It does take a bit more muscle and lean to geter around the corners but she does just fine. What kind of suspension mods are you talking about i would like mine to handle better if it could.

yeah i actually lead our group of 600's and 1000's into corners with my 06 busa! def wore my shoes toes down! Just dont try stuff to fast with it or You will be picking yourself up off the ground!

I have a couple 1000's before I went to the Gen 2, and though its nasty, its still not as wily as a dialed in 'gen 5 GSXR 1000 :thumbsup:

Have no fear of the Busa, just respect her. If you came from a GSXR 750 then the power will not be unmanageble for you.
I just traded my 1250 Bandit and my K5 750 Gixxer for my K8 and love this beast. I can ride the same pace as I did before, the power curve is different but the 750's have plenty of power, you will be fine as long as you remember it will not handle the same and the power does hit differently.......but I have been on my own street bikes for 45+ years.
This has to be one of the best bikes I have ever had.

I went straight from my 01 gsxr600 to my 06 busa. I was acually surprised to find how well it acually does handle. It does take a bit more muscle and lean to geter around the corners but she does just fine. What kind of suspension mods are you talking about i would like mine to handle better if it could.
The cheapest way is to tune your suspension. Next will be invest about 100 bucks for stiffer springs. And then you can spend couple of Gs for ohlins suspension or some other performance stuff. How about lighter wheels? I think those will cost over 3 Gs. Way over my budget...... but you can tune your suspension setting for free.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back