750 to busa, bad idea???

Ride your own ride...if they are worth riding with they will wait for you at the next intersection or rest stop. If not...screw em.

Best advice Ever.....

And break in the Bike hard!

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

One of the most critical parts of the engine building process is the break in !!
No matter how well an engine is assembled, it's final power output is all up to you !!

What's The Best Way To Break-In A New Engine ??
The Short Answer: Run it Hard !

Why ??
Nowadays, the piston ring seal is really what the break in process is all about. Contrary to popular belief, piston rings don't seal the combustion pressure by spring tension. Ring tension is necessary only to "scrape" the oil to prevent it from entering the combustion chamber.

If you think about it, the ring exerts maybe 5-10 lbs of spring tension against the cylinder wall ...
How can such a small amount of spring tension seal against thousands of
PSI (Pounds Per Square Inch) of combustion pressure ??
Of course it can't.

How Do Rings Seal Against Tremendous Combustion Pressure ??

From the actual gas pressure itself !! It passes over the top of the ring, and gets behind it to force it outward against the cylinder wall. The problem is that new rings are far from perfect and they must be worn in quite a bit in order to completely seal all the way around the bore. If the gas pressure is strong enough during the engine's first miles of operation (open that throttle !!!), then the entire ring will wear into
the cylinder surface, to seal the combustion pressure as well as possible.

The Problem With "Easy Break In" ...
The honed crosshatch pattern in the cylinder bore acts like a file to allow the rings to wear. The rings quickly wear down the "peaks" of this roughness, regardless of how hard the engine is run.

There's a very small window of opportunity to get the rings to seal really well ... the first 20 miles !!

If the rings aren't forced against the walls soon enough, they'll use up the roughness before they fully seat. Once that happens there is no solution but to re hone the cylinders, install new rings and start over again.

Fortunately, most new sportbike owners can't resist the urge to "open it up" once or twice,
which is why more engines don't have this problem !!

Just remember this, Dont Blame the Busa's Power

After its all said and done, Your the one controlling the throttle. :whistle:

I been riding since 03' started on a harley, went to 03' cbr600rr, 04'R6, 06ZX6R, then my 03' Busa. I rode it to work the first nice day after buying and told my wife maybe it was not a good idea b/c of the power, I took it easy and did some mods and now 5k miles later I'm looking to get more power out of it , ya just gotta take your time w/it. If you ride like an idiot you can wreck a 250.

that 750 will kill you just as fast a a busa or 600 or a 250 or even a scooter, ride what you like, but NEVER EVER STOP THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the second you stop thinking your already on you way down

+100000000000000

the busa is gonna be different from any supersport, due to how low the power(torque) comes on and ofcourse the weight. take it easy for a while and ride you ride, and you'll be fine.

:welcome: to hte .ORG
+1 (and +1 to Rayabusa)
What surprised me at first was how fast she accelerates out of the turns, and, consequently, how fast the next turn comes. Watch that because you can get bitten going too fast into that next turn. As others have said, treat her with respect and you'll be fine.

no riding experience to MSF course to sv650s to busa. all in a year or so span. you've been riding longer than me so i dont think i can offer much advice. however, the busa is very unforgiving..i've had my close encounters. take it easy and enjoy.

My first bike before the Busa was a 600. Just takes time to get comfortable on the new bike and feel it out before hitting it hard.
You'll never want another bike.:thumbsup:

The cheapest way is to tune your suspension. Next will be invest about 100 bucks for stiffer springs. And then you can spend couple of Gs for ohlins suspension or some other performance stuff. How about lighter wheels? I think those will cost over 3 Gs. Way over my budget...... but you can tune your suspension setting for free.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats very high on my list along wit new tires

I went to the busa from a mild 600 a 01 yzf600r, it wasnt that big of a deal for me as I have been riding for 21 years, I firmly believe that if you respect it and use common sense that you will be fine, just listen to your head, if something feels or seems to be dangerous or scary pay attention to what your head is telling you.

that's my problem, when i ride with buddies that are idiots and i try to push it beyond my capabilities. That's how i almost wrecked my 750, trying to keep up with friends around the turns and i had only been ridin for a few months. Rode right through a ditch and almost whacked a huge tree, but luckily i kept the bike upright

So you've got a new bike and new friends are just around the next sweeper... coooool! :thumbsup:

i went from a 600rr to the busa... just be careful its a diffrnet ride. took me about 2 wk to get the hang of it..
Posted via Mobile Device

I went from an old Suzi Gt380, to an old Honda Interceptor 700, to an SV650S, to a GSXR 600, to the Busa. ......and some say I jumped to far going from the 600 to the Busa. To each their own.
that's my problem, when i ride with buddies that are idiots and i try to push it beyond my capabilities. That's how i almost wrecked my 750, trying to keep up with friends around the turns and i had only been ridin for a few months. Rode right through a ditch and almost whacked a huge tree, but luckily i kept the bike upright

Welcome:beerchug:

I've been riding for 3yrs now. 1st bike was a 2001 Katana 600 of which I put 14,000 miles on in 2 summers and in February, I traded my 2000 R6 for the Hayabusa. You'll be fine! Take it slow, ride at your own pace and enjoy.

Back