BUSA IS KING...

URBAN COWBOY

Registered
Riding with some friends out on some long roads and everyone except me is riding R1's, ZX10's and a Gixxer 600's. Everybody is pulling wheelies at 80 plus mph is second gear. I've only done 1st gear wheelies just closing and opening the throttle. The bike comes up easily, but it's kind of jerky (to much torque) and not smooth and controlable. So when I see these guys riding wheelies in 2nd I say alright lets see if Miss Busa can do that. I down shift to second and get the rpms up to 7K and close and open the throttle and up she comes (PURE TORQUE POWER WHEELIE). But this time she comes up smooth, slow and controlable. I ride it out for awhile and then let her back down. When I let her down I'm doing around 100mph. My riding buddies trip out when they see the big bird in the air. I amazes me all the time what this awesome bike will do. Move over liter bike, the Busa is king!

URBAN COWBOY

the Busa is king!
You say that here as if we don't already know that.
smile.gif

Did you keep the throttle wide open after it came up? I have been wanting to do this but due to fear of looping, I always set it down a second after it comes up.

the Busa is king!
You say that here as if we don't already know that.
smile.gif

Did you keep the throttle wide open after it came up? I have been wanting to do this but due to fear of looping, I always set it down a second after it comes up.
I backed off the throttle a little as it was coming up, but it comes up so smooth and slow at that speed (70-80mph) in 2nd that I wasn't worried about it coming up and over like in 1st gear. My front tire was about 3 1/2 to 4ft off the ground. It was a nice smooth power wheelie.
super.gif

URBAN COWBOY

Nice would have loved to see that. Wheelied once or twice unintentionally but not that fast. Usually when they guys i ride with start showing their bikes belly's I remind them why the busa is really king and just crank the throttle and leave'em sitting.

<!--EDIT|usmcbusa
Reason for Edit: "cause Marines can't spell very well."|1129832219 -->

yeah, it's really impressive to see a busa doing high wheelies. It's got such a big body that it looks amazing...
smile.gif
I'm one of those who rides with a bunch of people in 600's and litres, so I always get props for "keeping up" with them on the twisties or doing wheelies

Welcome to the club!
wink.gif

We've been trying to tell you guys this for YEARS. That's why I laugh so hard when all these people start threads about how to wheelie the BUSA.
laugh.gif
It's funny because the BUSA does it so easy and smooth.

There is nothing like riding that 120 mph wheelie and then when you go to set it down you can barely feel the front tire touching the road. Maaaaan.......that feels as nice as silk pantys on a super models ass.

Sweat
wink.gif
wait until you get used to doing it in sec and shift to third and go all the way through third and the front comes down at 145 with a chirp , alittle black strip from the front tire, and a puff of smoke. Like a plane landing.
tounge.gif
You will realy trip you buddies out then. The BUSA is very smooth on one wheel. Have fun and welcome
cool.gif

Back