Busa owners living life as "2nd best/fastest"?

What do you say to the people that KNOW a new Busa is coming. We KNOW that the new ZX14 is coming and still bought a Busa. I bought mine because the bike has all the little fixes and adjustments that 7 years of production has brought. The bike is a good sport tourer and is very reliable. In stock form it is still very fast. It handles alot better than I thought it would. Modifications can only make it faster if you're so inclined. And it is a Busa. Nuf said.
biggrin.gif

This battle has been on going for twenty years maybe longer as far as I can tell Suzuki has always been at the top rung on the ladder and I dont see them falling off any time soon. Oh good write up Jinx

I enjoyed your post. I'm sure the new kaw will attract buyers looking for the bragging rites of the fastest production bike. To me though, the busa is so much more. I still can't get over how comfortable this bike is for me. My main concern before buying one was weather I would be able to adjust to the riding position after riding a cruiser for several years. On my cruiser, I could hardly walk after an hour or so of riding. On the busa I can stay on it all day long! Can I live with the busa if it's not the fastest thing on two wheels? You bet! I must tell you I have been a speed nut since I was a very young man. I have raced drag cars, stock cars and outlaw sprint cars. I love speed and HP. I love cracking the throttle on the busa, but I must admit I have not even come close to hitting the performance potential of my bike, and probably never will. I would not have the need for anything faster, and I do not see anything available that has more appeal to me in the looks department. Bottom line for me is you guys will have to put up with me on this site for a long time. When my busa riding days are done, my motorcycle riding days will be over as well!

living life as second best? Only in some one else's eyes. To me life is about contentment, not what's next and better.. that life leads to insatiable emptyness. If ida bought a Honda 600, it would have been a choice I made, and I would be happy with that. The busa is 1ST best to me, and if that makes it second best to others, that's fine because what THEY think doesn't affect me
smile.gif

Back