Engine Life

keys

Registered
I have a 2005 Busa. I bought it new and have not did any engine mods or performance upgrades yet. She has 20,000 miles so far. Also I want to do a big bore kit when it's time for an overhaul. How many more miles of kick in the butt performance can expect? All services and oil changes have been done on time, and never been abused.
race.gif

100_0418__Medium_.JPG

As with anything mechanical there is no finite limit to how long an engine will last. Way too many variables to contemplate. But in the real world I firmly believe they are only as good as the Maintenance you provide. Good oil (strong believer in the Synth) and filter changed often, clean air filter, valves adjusted, clean plugs etc. You should be able to get 50+k out of it without too much in the way of major component replacement/overhaul. Several board members here have over 50K on their busas and still drive em daily. Then again if you don't take the best care of her and flog her within an inch of her life (doubtful this applies to many here) every single time you ride her??? You routinely here about BMW's going over 100K and I think you should have every reason to expect as much from a well maintained Busa.

If you take care of it, and not abuse it ! There should be no reason not to get 100,000 miles out of it. I got nearly that much out of my Ducati ST4 before I sold it. And it was a lot more maintance intense than the Busa  
beerchug.gif

We have had many members get 50k+...with regular maintanence I think you can go 100k+
beerchug.gif

I used to beat my 01 for a few minutes every ride
super.gif
, plenty of times I shifted into 6th whle it was banging off the limiter, and I have some fond memerories of dumping the clutch at 80mph on the highway and putting her on the rear for a few pole lengths. This went on for the full 12K miles I put on the bike, from the day I bought it to the day I sold it {literally}, and the only thing I ever did was change the oil every 2K miles filter every 4K. I never adjusted the valves and never had any mechanical problems, Actually besides changing 8 rear tires 3 fronts{that weght dropping destroys fronts}, 2 sets of wheel bearings, a starter switch, and some brakes the bike never broke.
BUT keep this in mind, I have heard stories of 1K mile busas with rods hanging out of them {most of these stories where at the strip} so its hard to put a number on it.... Just ride it how you will and do all the PM stuff that comes along, and Im sure you will get your moneys worth {whether you drive it like an old lady and it lasts for 100K or you spank her daily and get 15K have fun}..

PS I am not a huge fan of red bikes, But I am feeling yours, looks awesome, If you get exhaust them Two Brothers cans would look great on there, they are black with yellow writing, I can picture it, that would be hot {I never heard them on a zuki but they sound mean on hondas..
Anyway good job the bike is hot

Back