Something to think about (engine question)

ky busa

Registered
seen my old busa for sale on craigslist bought it new in 2005 had 1 mile on her I sold it when I got my 2011 busa mileage at time of sale was 56,200 miles the ad said he had bought it with a failed engine so he replaced all the gaskets and 1 piston and rod??? seller did have pics posted of engine apart said clutch and tranny was pristine it still had the factory clutch in it when I sold it. Since the complete rebuild ??? he has put 200 miles on the bike it now has 57,000 miles on the odo. was I on the verge of engine failure when I sold it and didn't know run like new when I sold it .after break in I ran mobil 1 4t oil suz oil filter changed oil every 4000 miles it never ran hot not even once I took great care of my busa it never needed nothing but routine maintance didn't even last 1000 miles after I sold the old girl any thoughts on what happen?

1st off you have 2 question and discredit 99% of what you see and read on Craigslist...:rulez:

Granted they only did "200 miles" you don't know how they rode it for 200 miles. Keep ur mind at peace. Everything will need maintenance unfortunately. Not like u sold it knowing of problems. Not ur fault

chances are the photos are fake. a quick google search can yield pictures of anything you want. that way they can add value to the price without doing any actual work. I hate assuming everything you see is BS these days but it is craigslist and that list of errors is too much to not notice. Put your mind at ease.

^^^ exactly...... :whistle:

Dude is just trying 2 pull a quick scam by lying and say the bike just got rebuilt because of the high miles so he can ask 4 more money in the sale.

Hell I could blow up a bike in 200 feet let alone 200 miles after I bought it then blame the guy for selling me a POS.
Don't worry about it, feel bad for the next dude that buys it though.

Back