most miles ridden before adjusting valves

dentonbusa

Registered
bought new, change oil and filter 4,000 miles with full sythec. never changed plugs or had vavles checked runs as good as the day i got it i don,t abuse it . i thought maybe going 30,000 miles before having them checked my friend bought his 900rr new didn,t abuse it and when he had his checked at 25,000 miles they were in specs.

I went 52,000 and never had them checked untill I went to sell it, and they still didnt need to be adjusted. I WONT wait that long this time though
wink.gif

Mines running like a top at 15,000...I'm not going to mess with valves till at least 30,000.

Most of the people that I see that checked, had no adjustment needed anyway.

Not planning on doing much but change oil and throw tires at it. Spark plugs for every 6 or 7 sets of tires....

So has anyone found their lash out of spec with less than 30K miles? I think Suzuki's maintenance chart is a fine balance of CYA along with "make our service dept. lots of $$$$".

34 K on mine, havn't checked. My bike runs great and I aint fuggen with it as long as it does!

Im waiting until my warranty is up and I install new cams - unless I hit 25K miles early.... Then I will check them.

12.5 K is more of a CYA/$$$ thing like mentioned earlier.

Back