Busa mpg?

What the heck is a speed healer
rock.gif
Ok my owners manual calls for 87 octane.. I thought we were 11:1 on compression.? If that is correct there is no need to use the higher octane. it will not increase Hp. It burns slower therefore you lose Hp. Spark knock is caused by the fuel burning before the piston makes it all the way to top dead center.. So to correct this they add retarders that they call Higher Octane. this causes the fuel to burn slower allowing the piston to reach TDC before burning. I am not saying it don't ignite before TDC because it does. but don't flash until after TDC. So if your bike is running stock you should be able to run 87 octane with no problems. and no loss of power.. If you buy 11.5 or 12.0 pistons then you will have to increase the Octane because the pistons will generate more heat cause the fuel to ignite before the spark plug ignites the fuel. this will cause the engine to knock. In most modern engines when the engine detects knock the computer will retard the spark this will cause loss of power because the piston will be past TDC before the spark ignites the fuel. therefor the push down on the piston will be almost half way down.. Oh we were talking about fuel mileage after my last bike reached 3000 miles my fuel mileage increased by 20 miles per tank not using synthetic oil.. A word of Caution ! please us a syn appoved oil for motorcycles. or your clutch will slip bad.. because the Car engine syn have liquid ball bearings and will harm your Busa..
     Oh what a night at the Holiday Inn
My owner's manual calls for 91 octane,
(not 87 for a 2005 busa).

I use 100.
Is it bad for me?
What do you advise me guys?
Would it be better to use 95 than 100 octane?
Do i lose Hp as "05HayabusaR&B" says??

My desire is to go Full HMF high rise exhaust...gas milage goes down with full exhaust
rock.gif
Why?

I put headers on my car, milage (along with power) went way up.

baaa.gif

I only have 1 mod to my bike as far as the drivetrain is concerned and that's the RS-3 slip ons from Yosh. The MOST I've EVER seen out of my bike is close to 190-195miles and that was alot of highway driving. I don't beat on it either. For 4.9 gallons of gas, do the math. 91-93 octane ALWAYS.

It's not close to 50mpg. That means your odometer would have to be close to 250miles on a single tank of gas. I'll bet any money people aren't doing their math right. Even my 2003 R6 didn't get that good mileage. I think your best avg is around 40mpg give or take a few mpg. Usually I get around 180 miles out of a tank before I stop for gas and that's riding on a yellow light for a little while too.

<!--EDIT|Aceshigh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147240259 -->

26 to 30 in the city,, 30 to 34 highway, but thats with a bigbore and cams!

I just went 212 miles before filling up. I put in 4.65 gallons... which means I still had a little less than a gallon left. The math says I'm getting roughly 45 MPG. That was with a lot of open road and some stop and go in the city.

Back