Gen2 Mpg Readout

DVB

Registered
I am looking at a used 2013busa with Brock alen head exhaust with power commander 5. Nice bike rides like new. I have a 03 busa and on my trip odometer I can read out MPG. I usually get about 45 mpg indication if I ride nice. When I took this bike for a test drive( about 25 miles ) the gas gauge dropped alot. I thought I would just see how its doing by checking trip odometer miles and MPG. Nope just got odometer, trip one and trip two. The question is did Suzuki eliminate that function on Gen2 or just on the 2013 model year, or did installing the power commander5 mess something up? I can't seem to find an online owners manual to save my life. Anybody have and answer I would really like to know. Thanks

Most makes including cars are off by several mpg . I own a Gen II 2014 it can make 658 miles @ average speed of 77 mph ( including stops ) in real world true speed I'm running 24 mph over posted limit and she made a avg of 42 mpg .
Needle drops slow first 80 to 90 miles then your half tank next 50 to 75 takes you into the red . low fuel light comes on 5 to 10 miles into red zone . I have gone 30 miles on low fuel light , and taken on 5.1 gallons @ 221 miles .

Before the ECU flash I had seen as high as 53 mpg . FYI Im gear +1 up front 19/43 over stock 18/43 .

Back