This dosent make any sense, 49.3 mpg?

KosherBenz

Donating Member
Registered
For refrence, my daily commute in my CDI mercedes:
Morning avg 39mpg
evening avg 38mpg

(the above was to show that its not just a downhill rids as the mpg's on the morning and eveing are about the same)

In my old bike (2001 ZX6R) I got at best 44mpg.

Well on my first commute on the bike, the bike guage was showing over 49mpg? Is this possibile? Yes, I was going about 70-75mph 3800-4000K rpm. I just cant imagine that this bike, over 2x the size of my last one gets better mileage at cruising speeds. Am I nuts?

is it still stock?
with my BDE gen3 small box mod and dyno tune i can still get it to read over 40 on the highway at those speeds

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150457726 -->

is it still stock?
with my BDE gen3 small box mod and dyno tune i can still get iot to read over 40 on the highway at those speeds
yes, its stock right now.

(this bike is plenty fast for me and I dont have any go fast mods for it right now. I Do have 2Brothers cans on order for the sound I like and the safety issue.)

For refrence, my daily commute in my CDI mercedes:
Morning avg 39mpg
evening avg 38mpg

(the above was to show that its not just a downhill rids as the mpg's on the morning and eveing are about the same)

In my old bike (2001 ZX6R) I got at best 44mpg.

Well on my first commute on the bike, the bike guage was showing over 49mpg? Is this possibile?  Yes, I was going about 70-75mph 3800-4000K rpm.   I just cant imagine that this bike, over 2x the size of my last one gets better mileage at cruising speeds.   Am I nuts?
That should be about right, I just got back from a 1400 mile trip and averaged 44 mpg.

when i was stock and left WAY to early for work, i would do the speed limit (65 mph) and i got better then 50.0 mpg *atleast that what the gauge calcualted it out to be* so yea, 49.3 seems easy to accomplist.

You know you can twist the thing your right hand is resting on
laugh.gif

LOL I get about 85 miles to the TANK on the highway!
Went to Tampa with my Buddy on my Busa and me on my Road Sofa. Filled up before we left. Got to Dale Mabry ( roughly 50 miles away ) and put three gallons in it to get back home. HMF High Rises, Power Commander, Air Box Mod is all I've done. Not complaining... Just sharing.

Definitely possible. Averaging high 30s over the time I've owned the bike.

LOL I get about 85 miles to the TANK on the highway!
 Went to Tampa with my Buddy on my Busa and me on my Road Sofa. Filled up before we left. Got to Dale Mabry ( roughly 50 miles away ) and put three gallons in it to get back home. HMF High Rises, Power Commander, Air Box Mod is all I've done. Not complaining... Just sharing.
Something isn't right! What are you shifting at?

The gauge is horribly inaccurate. Dont rely on it for mileage calculations. Use a fuel bottle and a GPS to get accurate figures.

Did a road trip a couple of weeks ago from NW Arkansas to Memphis. Rode with some cruisers who wanted to do the speed limit, ............... Boring. I did, however, get 49.5mpg with CF Muzzy Slip ons, PCIIIusb, running 55-60mph.

Don

BTW 820 miles in 2 days.

Yea, sounds possible, I consistantly get 43 to 45 mpg on our back roads at cruise (65 mph + ) and that's not a constent speed because of the Farm and Ranch equipment I have to pass
cool.gif

Did about 500 miles yesterday. Highway was 47 mpg. Once we hit the twisties and started riding aggressive it dropped but at 80 you are only pulling 4k rpms so your mileage should be pretty good

Honestly I loved reading 50.0 on the gauge, unfortunately most of us know that the speedo runs about 10% faster than actual, I'm pretty sure the comp goes off spd + fuel consumption. So I don't think were actually getting 49 or so, prob 44 to 45 if your riding for good MPG. I know most of the time I was no less than 120 on highway.

I'm lucky to keep it around 37 mpg. I cannot keep the rev's under 5k when leaving my area either. I climb off the coast up a 2 mile twister... Nice 35mph posted road, clean 4 lane w/ center divide @ about 60 in 2nd gear. Do the same coming home only I keep it under 60 on the way down.

Honestly I loved reading 50.0 on the gauge, unfortunately most of us know that the speedo runs about 10% faster than actual, I'm pretty sure the comp goes off spd + fuel consumption.  So I don't think were actually getting 49 or so, prob 44 to 45 if your riding for good MPG.  I know most of the time I was no less than 120 on highway.
The odometer is dead on accurate which is what it goes off of along with fuel level.

I've compared mine with mile markers/gps and calculated with how much fuel I put in to the 10th of a gallon and the busa's dash mpg calculator is perfection.

If you have a speedhealer installed you'll throw things off because the odometer will no longer be accurate (although your speedometer will be).

I had averaged about 43-44 MPG commuting 30 miles one-way (about 85% interstate), and have seen as high as 52 on the highway @65MPH (using the gas pump fuel figure and the odometer for miles - subtract maybe 10% for the accuracy of the odometer).

Yeah, it's possible, but boring.

Back