This guy is a scammer!

orangeapeel

Registered
I was saved because I came and read up on this site a bit more on the H-Bus. You guys were a big help, and probably didnt even realize it. Here is the following conversation that I had with him.

Jordan McDonald to leon33owens
More options Nov 26 (3 days ago)

Do you still have this bike for sale?
If so is there anything wrong with it or does it have any cosmetic damage?
I am located in Fort Worth and would have cash in hand.

LEON:
hello,
I moved in Munchen , Germany with my family and the bike is here.
It was shipped here with a plane.
Yes the bike is still for sale.
If you wish to buy it the price will be only 3000 US dollars and I will pay the shipp and handling taxes.This will be only if you accept to pay me via Western Union Wire Transfer.I will shipp the bike using FedEx Air Express and you will get the bike in max 36 hours after the payment is confirmed.
The bike is in a great condition never been involved in a accident, and have only 4400 miles .It come with a clean title.
I sell the bike cos i need some money .. i have some problems with my wife ...
Yes I have the clean title for this bike
If you wnat to know more things about the payment,shippment and bike you can reach me at (phone number removed) and ask for Mr. Leon Owens.
I want to sell the bike fast.
So let me know if you are agree to purchase it accepting my payment and shipping terms
regards

JORDAN:

Yes, I can pay you $3000 via Western Union Wire Transfer. I can get the transfer made on Monday morning if that would work out ok for you. Do you have a VIN number for the bike? I was unable to get my cell phone to dial your number, it was just showing up as unable to connect. But yeah, I just want to run the VIN number for my own peace of mind (only because I can't test drive before buying it from you). I am looking for a bike fast as well, so I am willing if you are.

LEON:

hello,
my last price will be 3000 usd .
the bike is in great condition .... is used only 4400 miles and never been involved in a accident.... don't have any scratches .... is a blue color ... i sell this bike cose i moved here in Germany with my family and here i need to pay to much money to register here in Europe and i prefer to sell the bike so i can buy another from here .... i forgot the helmet in texas and the bike will come without the accesories ...
is the first time when i sell on the internet and my friend told me to
sell only if i have assurance that i will receive the money....i only want to sell this bike so i can buy another from here....
i will shipp you the bike by FedEx Air Express and you will receive in 4-5 working days.....
you have my full detail for the payment ,
my name is:
Leon Owens
and my address is Hochstr. 3 , Munchen 81669 Germany
VIN Number: JS1GW71A842100946

JORDAN:

Ok, sounds great to me! I am not too familiar on how to do the wire transfers, but I will see if I can figure out how to do it. I guess you don't have access to paypal over there do you? That is a sure fire way to do deals on the internet. It is backed by a backfire proof system to where no one will get ripped off whether you are the seller or the buyer. If that can be one of the options I will be able to get the money to you faster.

LEON:

i moved here in Germany last month ago and i don't contacted yet any bank to make an account or an credit card ... this is the only way to receive the money here ...
let me know your final decision .....

JORDAN:

Ok, I want to do it, and I can find a Western Union and take care of it. I just don't know what all is involved. Do I just need your address?

LEON:

if you will send the money to your friend but to my address in Munchen you must email me all the information about the transfer so i can call to western union to see if the money was sent to Germany ... i need the full senders name , full receivers name , mtcn# , amount sent ...
with this info i'll call to western union and if they will confirm me the money was sent to germany i will go to FedEx and i'll shipp the bike to your home address ... when the bike is received you have 3 days to test the bike , then you will change the receivers name to my name so i can pick up the money ...
let me know

LEON:

if you will send the money directly to my name and address , for your assurance you can keep secret the money transfer control number .... and you will give me only the senders full name and the address and the amount that you sent ...
i will wait your final decision soon...

JORDAN:

Ok, I will let you know when I send the money over.

LEON:

i will contact today the lawyer for bill of sale ... with this bill of sale and the title you will go to your notar and register the bike to your name ... when you will do this you will pay 10% from the buying amount ... tell me if is corect to write on bill of sale the amount 3000 or do you want to write less than ...
i will wait your reply with the payment information so i can finish the documents...

JORDAN: (AND THIS WAS THE PART THAT I FOUND ON HERE THAT MADE ME TOTALLY FREAK!)

I was doing some research and found this.....And I am skeptical about it now...

Couple of replys from this guy from ebay.
Same bike on cycletrader.
Also, It's funny how everybody fell in their driveway or loading the bike.

Hello,

I have received your email regarding my bike on eBay. First of all you have to know that I am located in Bratislava, Slovakia and so is the bike. I have recently moved here because of my job. The bike is an US model with US specs and the custom fee is huge. This is why I am selling it. I can't afford to pay the custom fee. I would rather sell it back in the states and buy another one from here. So, I need to sell it as soon as possible. The shipping is free because my father works for a shipping company and he is abble to help me. The price I hope to obtain is $3,400 US. In order to close this deal in a secure way for both of us I suggest to use a third party to hold the payment untill you receive the bike and inspect it. This way we are both protected. Let me know if you have any other questions.

The price is good because I have recently moved in Slovakia and I haven't paid the custom fee for the bike because I found out it is huge. Somewhere around 60% of its value. That's why because the bike is an US model with US specs. I can't afford that at this moment because I am sure you understand how hard is when you move in a new country. You have a lot of things to buy and I can't pay for the custom fee. If I decide to sell it here I will also have to pay that tax because otherwise I am not allowed to sell it so I would probably get the same money or even less.

Richard

LEON:

i'm not a scammer ... my only scop is to sell this bike so i can buy another from here ... this is the only way to receive the money here in Germany ..
i'll offer you a safe way by western union...

I can offer you a good qurantee about your money only if you read this
terms and you can see that you have 100 % qurantee money back :
1. You must send the money to my address in Munchen Germany but you will
send to your father name , your sister name , your best friend name ...
2. When you have money sent you only give me this info :
a.Sender name and full adress ( city , street , country ).The sender
can me your brother or sister.
b.Mtcn # (Money Transfer Control Number)
c. receivers name
After i will have this info that i need i will call to western union
and i will check your transfer
If you transfer are available i will shipp the bike to your adress and
you will receive in 5 working days...once the bike is arrived to your home you
will have 3 days to test the bike and only after that you will change
the name to my real full name and adress ....
And please let me to explain where is your quarantee money back :
1. I cant recive the money if you put it to your brother name .
2. You will have the bike first
3. You only change the money when you have the goods and inspect it .
Tell me using this way you dont have 100 % qurrantee money back ? If
not please let me know how can i get your money ?
i have another propose for you: you can send me a part of money (1500
usd will be ok) first directly to my name and address in Munchen Germany
and after that i will shipp you the bike and only after you will test the
bike you will send me the rest of money 2000 usd...
I will wait your email very soon and please tell me if you agree my way
to make this deal.
If you agree email me back and please give me your full name and
adress for delivery.
My Regards!

JORDAN:
tell ya what. If you can take a picture of the color scheme and the VIN all in one picture and a copy of todays paper I will follow through

LEON: (OK, HE ACTUALLY WAS ABLE TO DO THIS AND i DON'T KNOW HOW.)

JORDAN:

Looks like you do have it registered in Germany 04/08/2004. I thought that you said that you didnt? And if you bought it here in the states...no one uses the term "Petrol" to describe fuel/gasoline. Why are you undercutting the price on the bike by more than 50% and paying the shipping that would probably be upwards of $1100? It isnt adding up the more that I look at it.

LEON:

don't waste your time .... the bike is sold out to an real interested buyer ...
thanks for all,

-------------------------------------------
Ok, that was really fast to sell... Just letting you guys know about this one!

Thanks,
Jordan McDonald

There is actually a website out there that has a ton of bike on there "for sale". I found 2 or 3 Busa'a and a soft tail that I got about the same response back from (all of them 03 or newer and none above 4k). These guys are also filtering into Ebay as two of my buddies have emailed me(cause I spend about 10 hrs a day on this thing) asking my opinion. I advised them to email the seller before they bid and they got the "I am out of country thing". My advice is to never buy a product site unseen. My brother got a car of Ebay and it is a POS. Guy stated it was in good condition but when we rebuilt the top end we found under the battery tray the frame was still crumpled. Do you homework if you are gonnd buy off the net. Use the Cycle trader in your area (google it for an online version) and if you are serious take the time to go see the bike. If not stick to a stealership. At least you will get something when you are getting ripped off there.

Good call on the scam though Orange.

Top signs of a scam
tounge.gif

1. The guy is overseas
2. The guy paid for the bike to be shipped overseas OR it's being housed in (insert state here)
3. His brother/uncle/close friend passed away and he's selling the guy's bike
4. He wants just about $3000 every single time...
5. He had no bank acct and requires a money transfer

I still can't believe this scan is running, but someone's buying in to it for them to keep trying...just be careful when shopping around, and never buy a used bike sight-unseen unless you really trust the seller.

yup that looks like the pretty much standard conversation
sad.gif
to many scammers around feel sorry for anyone that falls for it
wink.gif

Yeah, totally. I was just trying to help anyone out that might come here looking for a bike. These kind of people should have a tough time sleeping at night. Just watching out for you and me!

Thanks guys! And I reaaaaallllyyy want a BUSA!

I cant believe that he actually had a current newspaper still! Atleast they are in the country that they say they are in most cases!

Stick around...if you want used, we have members here every now and again that want to sell their Busas...at least you can cross-reference with other members whether or not it's legit...

cool.gif

Glad you did not fall for that scam. I would call the FBI and report this.

These guys prey on those who REALLY REALLY want to get a busa, but cannot afford one yet.

The bottom line is that nobody (who is not a blood relative) - anywhere - is going to sell a bike that is worth $7000 or $8000 to you for $3000 - $4000, and certainly not some yutz in a foreign country. If you actually find someone with a 4000 mile bike for that kind of money, you can bet your a$$ it's been wrecked and will take another 3 to 4 grand (along with lots of wrenching) to put back together (with a salvage title).

I know that young people want to believe that deals like this are possible, (I remember that feeling), but they know deep down that these deals do not exist.

The next verifiable deal like this that actually occurs, will be the first one I've ever heard about.

Remember kids - there are NO free lunches!

found over a dozen guys on the cycle trader and ebay trying to scam people. I went as far as traking thier IP number overseas with some nifty software. and I contacted the FBI and Interpol and I don't think anything was done about it. These people should be in jail

Hey Orangepeel, try hitting up JudgeBusa for his 02... Looks clean to me... by the way, good looking out for those that might not know about this...

<!--EDIT|busahaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133297979 -->

Back