Excellent read from a scammer.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Got this from a scammer about my 240 kit on Craigslist, nice read.

Hello,

It sounds good to know that it is still available for sale.I did go through your advert and I am satisfied with it.I am okay with the asking price and would love to go ahead with the deal right away because this meets my perfect search for time being now. I am contacting you via email because that works best for me as I am hearing impaired.Presently, I am on duty and coming to your residence for inspection won't be possible, so you have to assure me that its in condition described. You may now consider me a favorite buyer and if possible withdraw the posting from the site immediately so that I can be rest assured that it is all mine . I don't mind adding an extra $20.00 for you just to take down the posting.

Like I said earlier, I'm very busy with my job as I currently work as a geophysical investigator in the mountains until MARCH 20, so I will be paying you online via my PayPal account which is attached to my bank account because it is the only form of payment that I have access to right now and also because of its good security nature. If you are interested in selling it please provide me with the following information:

1)Your full name 2) Paypal email address, 3)Address for pick up 4)Your personal mobile #

Kindly get back to me ASAP with the requested information so that I can initiate the deal through PayPal immediately. If you do not have a PayPal account, visit www.paypal.com to create an account. It is very simple to set up and highly secure to deal with.

You will not be responsible for the shipping as my mover will come over to your address for the pick up after I have made the payment and you have received the confirmation of Payment from PayPal. hope to read from you..

Hey I got that same email a few times about 3 years ago. Got threatened a few times and turned them into the cops and never heard anything else. Those THUGS will do anything to try to get money.

Just by the language and wording it screams SCAM, but how is he going to scam you if he pays by Paypal?

I am sure I am missing something. I got a similar mail one time and ignored it

Just by the language and wording it screams SCAM, but how is he going to scam you if he pays by Paypal?

What, you've never heard of a on duty, deaf, Hayabusa riding geophysical investigator with an interested in a 240 kit? I know 3 personally:laugh:

these crooks have gone as far as setting up fake paypal web pages. beware if they send you a link

I get these ALL THE TIME when I put stuff on craigslist. I didn't have to read more than the first sentence to tell you what it said lol. Usually it starts with "Is the item still available?" or just "Still Available??" :rofl: I hate people

It's perfectly normal to tell a seller exactly what your paypal acct is tied to, right? :rofl:

Nice one...

Rooster Rider007 said:
What, you've never heard of a on duty, deaf, Hayabusa riding geophysical investigator with an interested in a 240 kit? I know 3 personally:laugh:

Shoot, a job title with that many letters the ones I know buy new.

Simple avoiding a scam
DONT SEND UNTIL
1) You logged into your paypal account and the money was transferred then with draw it to your bank account. Once you see it in your local bank account then send it.

With your full name, social security number, bank account number, date of birth, mother's maiden name :rofl:

and to think that some people actually fall for crap like that. seems like everything i put on craigslist gets atleast one of those.

I got one just like this as well. Once they have your email address and they know you are on paypal, they will use that email address (usually your userID) to gain your password and break into your acct. I hate using pay pal because of this...not very secure. +1000 on lankeeyankee's comment...

I got one just like this as well. Once they have your email address and they know you are on paypal, they will use that email address (usually your userID) to gain your password and break into your acct. I hate using pay pal because of this...not very secure. +1000 on lankeeyankee's comment...

I never reply and don't have enough money to make it worth the time to steal it. Pays to be poor :laugh:

Back