Scammer Hater !

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Dont ya just hate scammers? :angry:

I sell stuff on Craigslist alot and I get these type of emails ...

( First clue is they say " Your Item " what item? Which one? The they say stuff like " God Bless" really makes me angry like they are a nice person or something ... )

And with wanting to know my name and cel # what are they going to do, open a credit card acct in my name or something ? ???

Here's todays scammer

Hello my name is Tony,i am interested in buying your item listed on CL, Please let me know if its still for sale and perhaps in good condition and I await your response and i will proceed with purchase if its still for sale and in good condition i also want you to know that I will be buying from you so please kindly withdraw the advert from CL. Please be informed that i will be paying with a certified check from my Bank as i just moved here from Glendale AZ on a job transfer.I will need the following details to mail the payment later in the day ...

1.Name to be on the payment
2.Home address
3.Cell phone #

I am completely satisfied with the advert and the payment will be delivered within 2-3 working days.** I use a hearing impaired phone # and will receive your calls via email I await your response and i will proceed with purchase if its still for sale and in good condition

Thanks God bless.

he didnt offer you 25 bucks to withdraw the ad? must be a rookie scammer :poke: i usually send them a link of similar items based on where they live ending the convo with "try this guy"!..that usually ends all communications

No one is dumb enough to accept a "certified check" from someone they don't know. Common, if your going to attempt a scam, put some thought into it! And don't send people emails demanding stuff.

You're right though, I wonder what's the next step after getting the minimal information?

Probably tell you the check is for too much and want you to wire the remainder of the money back to them, right?

( First clue is they say " Your Item " what item? Which one? The they say stuff like " God Bless" really makes me angry like they are a nice person or something ... )

And with wanting to know my name and cel # what are they going to do, open a credit card acct in my name or something ? ???

Here's todays scammer

Hello my name is Tony,i am interested in buying your item listed on CL, Please let me know if its still for sale and perhaps in good condition and I await your response and i will proceed with purchase if its still for sale and in good condition i also want you to know that I will be buying from you so please kindly withdraw the advert from CL. Please be informed that i will be paying with a certified check from my Bank as i just moved here from Glendale AZ on a job transfer.I will need the following details to mail the payment later in the day ...

2.Home address
3.Cell phone #

I am completely satisfied with the advert and the payment will be delivered within 2-3 working days.** I use a hearing impaired phone # and will receive your calls via email I await your response and i will proceed with purchase if its still for sale and in good condition

Thanks God bless.
I just got one of those off Craigslist myself...think I'm gonn toy with them abit :thumbsup:

Give him the address of the local FBI office and tell him it's your addy.

And ask that he include a copy of this email with the check and his return address so you can prompty send him the product listed. (be generic like that, "the product listed", don't list what it actually is)

Maybe the FBI are bored and will go after him cause once he mails the check, it's fraud.

Give him the address of the local FBI office and tell him it's your addy.

And ask that he include a copy of this email with the check and his return address so you can prompty send him the product listed. (be generic like that, "the product listed", don't list what it actually is)

Maybe the FBI are bored and will go after him cause once he mails the check, it's fraud.

I've spoken with them a couple times on these types of scams. They won't touch it unless you have already actually been a victom of the scam, otherwise they say there is no crime.

Of course, buy then it's too late.

2.Home address
3.Cell phone #

Thanks God bless.

Sounds Great Tony!

I look forward to hearing from you.

1) Barack Obama
2) 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
3) 202-456-1414

Here's todays scammer

2.Home address
3.Cell phone #

Thanks God bless.

I get the same one man (like that actual response) or I get deleted for posting one ad. Either way I get screwed I actually just saved my advertisement on a word doc and kept reposting it after it was deleted. as for the scams sad thing is they must work cause they wouldn't do it if it didn't and theres not a lot anyone can do about it I already looked into getting these people busted it's a lost cause.:banghead:

there is a scam in so-cal renting houses....

just like all the others, the price is too to-be true

and primary contact is email.......you are instructed to send them money and they will mail you the keys.

Back