Busa Down

sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif

I'm starting to freak, worrying about whether it will be possible to get all that special edition black plastic replaced.  The dealer I took it to for the estimate seemed to think that nearly all the plastic and the tank were going to have to be replaced to get the bike back into mint condition.  Plus the aftermarket front turn signals and the left side exhaust canister (also aftermarket.)  The three people looking it over at the dealership weren't too concerned about major mechanical damage, but did say there might be other problems under the plastic, like broken brackets and the like.  The parts people didn't know what to tell me about getting replacement parts in factory black.  Perhaps in a day or two they'll have some good news.
Don't sweat getting plastics for your baby man...Remember Suzuki is still cranking out Black Busa's as we speak. Damn Glad you are OK, and I am feeling inspired for the Air-horn mod.
Really I suppose in truth you cannot just beat the hell out of the guy with insurance, though his insurance still pays even with a simple assault still pending. Just a thought, sometimes folks need a wake up...See what you do is pretend your OK, then when he's standing their talking to you trying to be all friendly like you have a "Fainting Spell" and on your way down just sorta launch yourself at his waist and use him for a tackle dummy....Should make you feel ALL better, play it off right, and nobody knows...Seriously though, time for me to get some horns...
Glad your good to go though....

Rev

Ok, I to fell for the CGI scripting error.......... Which in turn gave me the dreaded double post...........

I'm starting to freak, worrying about whether it will be possible to get all that special edition black plastic replaced.  The dealer I took it to for the estimate seemed to think that nearly all the plastic and the tank were going to have to be replaced to get the bike back into mint condition.  Plus the aftermarket front turn signals and the left side exhaust canister (also aftermarket.)  The three people looking it over at the dealership weren't too concerned about major mechanical damage, but did say there might be other problems under the plastic, like broken brackets and the like.  The parts people didn't know what to tell me about getting replacement parts in factory black.  Perhaps in a day or two they'll have some good news.
whoa's black le fell over and te dealer sent it to an auto repair for paint...Looks really good, however he's having fits getting the decals...Looks like time for a full exhaust...

That sux you were fortunate to not get hurt it could have been you under the car.I'm glad you're ok.You may want to in vest in an air horn.

its too bad you werent hurt before you yell at me I dont wish harm on any one just keep in mind you could get about 2k for a sprained ankle if you know what you are doing (rental car, hospital bills, emotional distress {almost getting run over by a cage}, etc. the list goes on but after the bills to make claims legit you come out up 2k)

sad.gif
So sorry about the bike but glad your ok. They didnt try to stick you with a following to closely did they? Or did the driver admit ?

atleast your ok the one that got me was drunk
drink.gif
and ran me off the road and put me in the dich
pissed.gif
on my 03 40th busa but i walked away with my life and my ass black and blue good luck with your bike but he had to pay out his ass i have the old 40th and a new 40th now

Majik: We didn't deal at all with the police. My house was only about 100 yards away, so he followed me there and we exchanged info. He admitted he was wrong to me, which hardly matters in a legal sense. But I would be very surprised if he fights any of this. The insurance companies will have to duke it out now.

In hindsight, I may have been better served by waiting at the intersection for the police. But at the time I was only thinking about getting the bike up off the ground, off the street, and making sure it was OK. Plus we were blocking traffic and I was in a hurry to get out of the way of all those other cages!
sad.gif

its too bad you werent hurt before you yell at me I dont wish harm on any one just keep in mind you could get about 2k for a sprained ankle if you know what you are doing (rental car, hospital bills, emotional distress {almost getting run over by a cage}, etc. the list goes on but after the bills to make claims legit you come out up 2k)
Yeah, if I had been hurt at all I would have gone after his pocketbook. As it is I will be very satified to have his insurance pay to put my bike back the way it was.

I'm glad you weren't hurt. I had some guy run into the back of me last year turning in behind me at a light. I got lucky though. All he did to my Busa was put a clean spot in the soot on my tail pipe but he blew out his turn signal.

Back