Busa Down!

flyboy

Registered
Friday was a nice day so I decided to wax my Busa before I took it out for a ride. I went on a back road that I've been driving since I got my bike in October. There is a two mile streach where I like to open her up. So that is what I did...got her up to 180 mph before I had to use what was left of the road to slow down. I was feeling good now that I had my bike that fast. So I decided to enjoy the rest of my ride and go the speed limit. There is another part of this road that has some s turns that are just awesome for riding and leaning into the turns. The speed limit is 35 and that is exaclty what speed I was going....and then it happened. I leaned into the turn and hit some gravel. My rear tire was sliding out from under me when I tried to get control I was no longer turning into the turn, I was heading straight off the road into this dirt road that intersected with the curve. I thought I could just ride it, but I hit some more gravel and the bike low sided me. I slid for about 15 feet. When I finally got the birdies to stop chirping around my head I could hear the bike horn was stuck on. I tried to get the bike up, but I could not due to the pain from my broken collar bone. That is the only injury I sustained. Now I got to get my Busa well so that I could ride again. Yee Haa!

DSCF1022.JPG

YeeHaa?-yea that your collerbone was it...Glad for that..hope you get it fixed and you mend quickly.

I am glad that you did not get hurt any worse. Thank god for that. Quick recovery to you and the bike

I never hear about people wiping out on high speed straits. Watch those corners, people, and WEAR LEATHERS cuz you are worth it.

Flyboy, do you wear protection? What kind and what did it do or NOT do?

sad.gif
I sure hate that for you..... ( and just after you waxed her to )
crazy.gif

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072723392 -->

Hey It'll prolly buff right out!!!
rock.gif
OK OK, Maybe not, Collor bones suck it'll just keep hurting till its done healing but over all sounds like you came out of it pretty well, a Little body work and some bits and pieces you'll be straight. Glad your Mostly unharmed.

I feel for ya man! Sorry to hear about your accident.

GO RAZORBACKS !!! I grew up in Arkansas
biggrin.gif

Hey at least your still around to talk about it bone heal death doesnt check out ebay they usually have complete primered plastics for around a grand and if you know anyone good with paint you will have a fat job ready to roll this spring, peace.

Damn, that sucks. I broke my collar bone before - those heel up nice but one arm will be about 1/4 inch shorter than the other
smile.gif
Looks like a great excuse for a custom paint job. Hope you are feeling better.

So sorry flyboy! Looks like your bike will need some cosmetic help, but other than that, it's okay?

Important thing is that you're okay...collarbone aside, you're here to tell us about it...

If you don't think you're clutch side fairing or cowl are salvagable, I have some pieces you might be interested in.  I've got both pieces getting ready to come off of my bike...both have slight scratches from me dropping my Busa in my gravel driveway; most people never notice them, but they bother me since I was so stupid to drop the damn bike!

Anyway, I have an '03 silver/grey Busa, and can take some pics if you'd like...PM me if you're interested, and I'll set them aside...figured I'd give you first dibs before posting them in "Classifieds" since our bikes look the same...  
smile.gif

Hope everything is salvagable though...custom paint?!  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072734694 -->

I did the same thing, almost identical story. Bike is all back together and I have been riding a little. My collar bone was broken in two places and now looks like the inside of a hardware store bolt bin now. Seven screws and a new curved clavicle plate. It will heal completely within six months but I couldn't wait but a month to start riding again. lol

Knock on wood, I've never broken a bone...breaking the collar bone just sounds damn painful! OUCH!

Shat...All will be well...Good luck toward your healing...Tell us what your going to do about the plastic...New fairings or paint...
evil.gif

Back