busa down

no leaking as far as i can see, have it parked in my garage so should see it if anything is dripping.

yeah I would watch for that stator leaking...... It wont be gushing out or nothing like that but check around it and see if anything looks damp. Also check out Ebay, somebody might be selling the fairing piece that you need for way cheaper than buying brand new. Also grab up a woodcraft stator cover, they look and function a whole lot better than oem

Glad he is OK. I never borrow bikes even when they offer it to me to use so I don't feel bad telling them no when they ask.

Check that stator cover out good. Otherwise wash and ride. Glad your Dad's alright :thumbsup:

is it hard to sand the body work? like i said never done it, but very handy, work on my own cars and what not. will ride it the way it is, but really want to get it at least looking a little better, would rather have it rattle can black then have it a scratched up mess.

Sanding is easy, just time consuming. Rattle can that baby flat black and ride the piss out of it. Flat colors hind imperfections..... Gloss shows every little thing. Paint that stator cover too, if its not leaking that is.

got my left side off. cover scratched up but so far no leaks, tank empty??? would it have come out the overflow when it was on its side?? i don't know how long it was over for, took me20 min to get there and it was standing by the time i got there. paint coming off in sheets, anywhere there is a scratch i can pick at it and it just peels up, worst part is around the center bolt as some good chunks and maybe a crack. but aside from that looks like a few scratches, how hard will it be to fill them in and make it look good again?

photo-6.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Pressure test that coolant system to make sure the bottle, hoses, and radiator are good. You can get a test kit cheep at auto parts stores.

Had a couple Busa's...so far. :thumbsup: Both had little/to nothing for coolant in the overflow tank when I got them,never had a problem. :thumbsup:

If the paint is comming off in sheets,I would guess it was done poorly. I'm no expert painter but it sounds like a lack of flex agent and/or the use of an' adhesion promoter or blocked out to smooth or blah blah blah. This might be a good time to fix all the body work. Sanding costs next to nothing and has only one draw back. One arm get bigger than the other.:whistle: :laugh:

Just me maybe,but I'd be tempted to fix all the plastic now,before spending more money on that one planel,only to have it come off as you say "In Sheets" later on.

RSD.

Pressure test that coolant system to make sure the bottle, hoses, and radiator are good. You can get a test kit cheep at auto parts stores.

Or start it up,listen for the fan to come on about half way up the guage,let it run a little longer and see what temp guage reads...."System Tested." :thumbsup:

RSD.

Had a couple Busa's...so far. :thumbsup: Both had little/to nothing for coolant in the overflow tank when I got them,never had a problem. :thumbsup:

If the paint is comming off in sheets,I would guess it was done poorly. I'm no expert painter but it sounds like a lack of flex agent and/or the use of an' adhesion promoter or blocked out to smooth or blah blah blah. This might be a good time to fix all the body work. Sanding costs next to nothing and has only one draw back. One arm get bigger than the other.:whistle: :laugh:

Just me maybe,but I'd be tempted to fix all the plastic now,before spending more money on that one planel,only to have it come off as you say "In Sheets" later on.

RSD.

I was going to say the same thing about his paint but didn't want him to feel bad because he said it was a $3000 paint job, lol. Sorry to say bud but IMO, you (or whoever paid that much) got ripped off on that paint job ;(

The good thing about a lay down is that you get to play and experiment with things. Look up how to plastic weld the cracks, sand it down and paint it yourself. It will not be perfect because you're not a pro but it will hold you over until you can afford to replace the plastics or pay for another pro to paint it. Have fun.

I was going to say the same thing about his paint but didn't want him to feel bad because he said it was a $3000 paint job, lol. Sorry to say bud but IMO, you (or whoever paid that much) got ripped off on that paint job ;(

The good thing about a lay down is that you get to play and experiment with things. Look up how to plastic weld the cracks, sand it down and paint it yourself. It will not be perfect because you're not a pro but it will hold you over until you can afford to replace the plastics or pay for another pro to paint it. Have fun.

Sometimes you have to "Kill them with Kindness" .:laugh:
I'd rather tell someone what I think may be the truth,have them get all bent out of shape and even hate me. I sleep better at night that way.

Besides,I'm a mean ol' bastid who doesn't really care for folks that much anyway. :whistle:

RSD.

lucky for me i didn't have it painted or pay for it, just have the receipts. i got the bike from a repo company, and other then checking title, frame to make sure its straight and adding gas, haven't had to do much.

I'd say just say repaint it a nice base clear color. Most shops may charge under $500 for this.
If the stator isn't leaking after sitting your ok.

lucky for me i didn't have it painted or pay for it, just have the receipts. i got the bike from a repo company, and other then checking title, frame to make sure its straight and adding gas, haven't had to do much.

Then I'd day you've done fairly well.

Pretty sure I found a repainted stator cover on eBay for about $70. Wanted a Woodcraft, but couldn't swing it either- you pay for quality. The cover I bought wasn't perfect, but it was as advertised and looks good. Changing it was literally a 20 min job, but mine had already leaked the oil out. Go ahead and plan on changing the oil/filter when you remove the stator cover.

+2 on checking the overfill for leaks. Clamp could be loose, crack in hose to nipple, etc. You mentioned no leaks or dripping in the garage, so that is good.

Back