Another Busa Down

Ranger

Registered
Well after nearly 30 years of riding I finally had my 1st wreck. The bike is wasted, I have a broken wrist which they had to operate on and put in a titanium plate. Its only a minor injury but I'm really sore all over. I'm ok but definitely have to say wear your gear!!! My helmet saved my life without a doubt, it was damaged pretty bad.

I had no time to react, a Durango swerved to miss another car (which I dint see) and pulled right in front of me, I hit the back of it at about 55-60 mph. Thank you God for sparing my life, I should be dead.

Heres an article from the local paper; I think my damage is going to be more $3,000.

Car flees traffic accident, motorcyclist injured

March 24, 2010 11:46 AM

Angel McCurdy

Daily News

CRESTVIEW — An early morning, three-car accident Wednesday resulted in only minor injuries, but the driver at fault fled the scene, according to a Florida Highway Patrol media release.

While a car and a Suzuki Motorcycle were making a left turn from State Road 85, the vehicle went into the opposite lane where 31-year-old Shane M. Jones of Fort Walton Beach was traveling northbound from State Road 123.

Jones told officers when the vehicle, which he described as a mid-size white car, came into his lane it caused him to drive through the traffic posts and go over into the right lane of northbound State Road 85, the release said.

The motorcyclist attempted to change lanes during this, but hit the back of Jones’ Dodge SUV.

The driver of the white car did not stop, the release said.

Anderson was transported to North Okaloosa Medical Center with minor injuries.

Jones' 2008 SUV sustained around $3,000 in damages. Anderson's 2008 motorcycle also sustained around $3,000, the release said.

crash.jpg

Last edited:
sorry to hear bro if you need anything let me know! glad to hear that you are alright! get feeling better soon!

Very glad to still have you with us. And I am also very glad you had your gear on. Did they total the bike?

Glad you are up beat about this. I'm sure you are sore from it all, but lived to tell your story :thumbsup:

Now you'll be the center of attention at the metal detector! :laugh:

Wow, glad you are OK and recovering. Sounds like more than minor injuries to me, with your wrist.

Get better soon and hope the insurance pays for a new bike.

3000$ in damage?

whos the retarded appraisal guy?

my god where is half of your radiator frame?!

try like 9000 for the total.

Glad to hear your okay, damn idiots in their cars need to pay attention.

this upsets me every time i see it. hands down.
:banghead:

OMG dude damn..
that sucks and the Fugger took off as well.

Did you get any of the license plate ?
I can and WILL FIND HIM FOR YOU !
Have connects at tag agencies, we will locate him for you.

Thanks God you are ok !
I'm not that close but close enough to offer if you need anything let me know.

Looks like your HID ballasts are ok...:laugh:
Sorry just had to put maybe a bit of light in a very dark sitrep !
I know your hurting, not sure which more body or soul cuz of bike but I hope maybe a wee little joke may put a smile on your face...:thumbsup:

3000$ in damage?

whos the retarded appraisal guy?

my god where is half of your radiator frame?!

try like 9000 for the total.

Glad to hear your okay, damn idiots in their cars need to pay attention.

this upsets me every time i see it. hands down.
:banghead:

+1 i had not even half of that and i got 7000.00

Back