Another Busa Rider Down

Dakkine2

Donating Member
Registered
ST. LUCIE COUNTY — A Stuart motorcyclist died after he collided with a pickup truck Tuesday afternoon on Indian River Drive, officials said.
sad.gif

Link to story

RIP fallen Busa rider.

Please, everyone be safe, keep a level head, stow the ego's. Too many bikers die just because they do stupid maneuvers (passing around blind curves, passing over double yellows, etc..) excessive speed on public roads is just asking for trouble.

Always be asking yourself, "is it time to cool it?" Then, cool it!

I myself am guitly of riding in excess on this very same road. It's very tempting.

For the last six or eight months, I just take it to the drag strip. No more street riding for me.

Prayers send to surviving Family and Friends.........

R.I.P. Fallen Rider.............

(Jet Li @ Aug. 15 2007,06:52) RIP fallen Busa rider.

Please, everyone be safe, keep a level head, stow the ego's. Too many bikers die just because they do stupid maneuvers (passing around blind curves, passing over double yellows, etc..) excessive speed on public roads is just asking for trouble.

+1!

From the looks of where he hit the truck either the truck simply pulled out right in front of him, the motorcyclist was speeding "excessively" (we all know over 35 is a joke on a rural double yellow road so I'm talking like 70+ mph), the rider was coming over a blind hilltop or turn or a combination.

If you ride the same roads long enough you know when to shut it down just in case.

(dmrowe @ Aug. 15 2007,10:32)
(Jet Li @ Aug. 15 2007,06:52) RIP fallen Busa rider.

+1!
Would like to add, If you find yourself asking "is it time to cool it, it is!"

Deciding to "cool it" for no reason, just a feeling, has saved me many a ticket let alone the safety stuff. Like coming around a corner and finding an RV blocking the entire road, both sides, because he didn't know how to back it into his driveway.

RIP rider. Prayers to the family.

Here's a better account:

Stuart man dies in motorcycle crash
By PAUL QUINLAN

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Troopers identified 43-year-old Mark Edward Schumann as the motorcyclist killed Tuesday afternoon when he slammed into a pickup truck on Indian River Drive.

Witnesses said the Schumann, of Stuart, sped up to pass a car and truck around a blind curve, as two Florida Power and Light Co. contractors in a Ford F-350 pickup truck pulled out of an access road along the curve.

The access road ran beneath the power lines that stretch from the mainland across the Indian River Lagoon to FPL's nuclear power plant on Hutchinson Island, about 2.5 miles south of Midway Road.

Schumann, who was wearing a helmet while riding south on his 2006 Suzuki MC, braked and attempted to slide to a stop, before slammed into the bed of the truck on the left side around 2:35 p.m.

Paramedics declared him dead as soon as they arrived at the scene. The contractors, 35-year-old Stephen R. Hall, of Jacksonville, and 39-year-old Thomas McCleary, of Plant City, received only minor injuries, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

Deputies shut down 6 miles of the scenic waterfront drive between Walton and Midway Roads, as troopers investigated the scene.

An investigation continues into who was at fault, and charges may follow, said Lt. Tim Frith, spokesman for the Florida Highway Patrol.

No chance when hitting tyhem flatbeds...
crash_t600.JPG

Not speaking about this guy, or anyone in particular, but not only are you gonna get hurt enough to die, but you are going to wreck a wonderful bike -- a real classic -- because of unsafe behavior.

You may disagree, but bikes have their own entity. When I see a creamed Busa like the one above, I feel bad for a bike that got the wrong owner. Not just this guy, but people who do foolish things on them in general. These first-generation 1300Rs are gonna be stupid collectable at some point. Plus they are more soulful than even a Harley. It is a fact that 80% of all pitbull puppies are dead before they are two. Seems like an alarmingly large amount of Hayabusas get pranged before their time as well.

Again, not talking about this guy. Sorry he is gone and for his family. Slow down on the street gang... :- )

(Dakkine2 @ Aug. 15 2007,04:22) I myself am guitly of riding in excess on this very same road. It's very tempting.

For the last six or eight months, I just take it to the drag strip. No more street riding for me.
Dakkine...90% of the accidents on Indian River Drive are always folks headed "SOUTHBOUND"....like this one was...you can run IRD "NORTHBOUND" as you have that one lane of grace/warning from the hidden driveways...but the southbound dudes?....i don't even like just "Normal" riding IRD southbound...i usually "refuse" to do so...in the 30 years i've lived here?...i've seen more guys bite it on IRD southbound than Skyline Drive...and years ago?...when there used to be about 3 homes and a church on skyline?...it was the local hot run..but not anymore.

Back