Another Dead Rider here in North Georgia

Black Sheep

They call me Baaah!
Donating Member
Registered
This happened in NW ATL. Be safe out there, especially bike night rides.

[FONT=&quot]MARIETTA — Cobb Police say Ramon Mares, 30, died early Tuesday morning after speeding his motorcycle up to 130 miles per hour down Interstate 75 through Marietta.

According to police, an officer attempted to pull over Mares, who the officer suspected was impaired, just after midnight. The cyclist was southbound on the Interstate near Barrett Parkway when the officer attempted the stop.

The motorcyclist refused to stop and sped off, reaching speeds of 130 m.p.h., according to police. The cyclist apparently tried to take the Windy Hill Road exit, and a few minutes later the officers found a wrecked 1991 Suzuki G.S.X.R.-1000 at the top of the ramp.

Police said that as first responders arrived and were setting up a perimeter to search for the cyclist, they found his body lying back down the ramp, about 100 yards from the Interstate.

“This was not a police chase,â€￾ said Cobb Police Sgt. Dana Pierce. “At those kinds of speeds, a patrol car is not going to be able to keep up with them.â€￾

Mares lives in Chatsworth, which is in northwest Georgia not far from the Tennessee line.

Police are still investigating the crash. They can be reached at (770) 499-3987.
[/FONT]
Cherokee Tribune - Speeding motorcyclist dies in crash

Suspected to be impaired, running from a cop, speeds in excess of 100mph on the street.

Bad combination that just puts another blemish on riders

Prayers to the family. If he was indeed impaired, at least he didn't hurt anyone else in the process.

Suspected to be impaired, running from a cop, speeds in excess of 100mph on the street.

Bad combination that just puts another blemish on riders

Well said.

Some express sympathy for the rider but he made his own choices, all of them poor. Perhaps the next rider will think better of it after learning from this one.

Be safe all.

Well said.

Some express sympathy for the rider but he made his own choices, all of them poor. Perhaps the next rider will think better of it after learning from this one.

Be safe all.

yeah, like a brake upgrade so to scrub off that speed a bit better to make the offramp :laugh:

I feel sorry for his family, but if you are going to run then you must be ready to pay the price. I was going through ATL a couple years ago in the early morning about 2 am when a couple of bikes went by me. They were both going at a high rate of speed and one was up on the rear wheel. Some people just do not know when to say when.

~We the friends of Ramon "Chucky" Mares and close friends of his Parents have been sadly burdened with this tragic situation that they "Ramon & Danette" are facing at this time in their life. May God Bless them with a peaceful mind and strength to carry on during this difficult time in their lives. We love you Ramon and we loved your son "Chucky" aswell.

~Your Friends in North Ga.

SOUS: "I feel sorry for his family, but if you are going to run then you must be ready to pay the price".

~Thank you on behalf of the family and yes.. agreed. :/

Back