Busa bash - registration details

Status
Not open for further replies.

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I know folks have had a lotta questions about the bash and tshirts.  Here's what we have cooked up for everyone.  Hopefully you guys/gals are good with this plan.  This is being done to protect all the members and supporting groups.  I know this is the first time we've done this but then again, its the first time we've had 100ish folks sign up and sell tshirts.  I know its a lot to read but please read it all and then comment in this thread.

We are going to ask that the members that are attending register for the event.  There are 3 options, with a free one as we do not want anyone to feel obligated to pay to attend.

***You MUST register for the event***
I will purchase food/drinks, print the maps/docs and order enough shirts to cover the registered participants (plus other shirt orders for non-attendees). I can't afford to buy food for 100 people and only have 25 want to participate in the cook out
wink.gif
hope ya'll understand
cool.gif

First - Free registration.  The member will get an information packet with area ride maps, directions, specific meeting times and events that the group will be showing up for during the event.

Second - Basic registration  $20 .  In addition to the free stuff, this will include a copy of the photo shoot CD that Killboy is doing for us.  It will include a raffle ticket and will include the group cookout on friday night, followed by a group social around the campfire.  We will provide water/sodas for that social.... The county is dry and while folks are welcome to drink BYOD, we are not going to provide alcohol to anyone.

Third - Tshirt registration $40 - Basically all of the above but with a tshirt
cool.gif

We are not looking to make a profit at all.  Once all of the shirts are paid for, food costs and other event costs are covered all proceeds will be sent to Capt to help cover the costs of running the site.  

There will be a registration form that will include a waiver releasing the organizers and sponsors from any liability resulting from their participation in the event.  This is really just a cover the collective butts thing.  The registration form will also include an emergency contact information section.  The *LAST* thing we want is to have to call someone and tell them you were hurt or worse BUT we need to have this information should something happen.  So please have someone we can call should we need to.

The schedule of events is fairly open at this point.  There will be groups heading all over the place on various days, however as part of all registration packages we will provide you with area maps, directions for the best rides and if anyone has specifically said they were leading/taking a group ride.  Once we have some rides planned with times/destinations we'll make them available via Warbaby's site.  He will also have the published routes available as well.

The specific times you will need to be present are as follows:

Friday evening
6pmish at the Phillips Motel on Friday night is when we'll start serving food for the group cookout.

8pmish we'll start to migrate down to the lower fire pit for a campfire/social.

830pm We will discuss the plans for the group ride on Sat. morning, including the killboy photo shoot locations and group picture.  This is an important ride meeting so if you are going to attend the sat. morning ride/group photo shots, please make all efforts to attend.
smile.gif

Immediately following the ride plan meeting, we will start the raffle for members that wish to participate in it.  There will be tickets for the basic and tshirt registration members and available for $5 for the free registration members.  There will be ONE (1) ticket per site MEMBER.  If you have friends coming with you, they must be site members to participate in the raffle.

Sat morning.

Please plan to be at the CROT *by* 830am. We will stage up there and plan to ride down to the dam at 9am sharp.  This will parade past the Killboy photo shot spot.  If you cannot or do not want to be part of the group ride but want to be in the group shot, please plan to be at the Fontana Dam off Hwy28 by 10am.  The group shot is targeted for 1030am, with the group ride arrival of approx 1015am.  We will then head back towards the CROT for lunch and afternoon ride locations.

Any questions just let me know.

Payment for registration will be by cash at the event or paypal (or mailed check) prior to the event.

Tshirts will be delivered at the event.  If you ordered a shirt and will not be at the event.... another thread for that will be up very shortly.  Stay tuned.

IF you cannot be at the raffle Friday night, let me know during the registration and we'll have a proxy for you at the raffle.

I think that covers it... if there are any updates, I'll post them here.

<!--EDIT|zukracer
Reason for Edit: "updated info"|1143216227 -->

cool.gif

Brian, sounds like a great plan. Is there an address where we can send the registration money to? Also, what do we need to do if we want a extra shirt?

Thanks, Tim

bowdown.gif
Thanks tons for the effort Brian. Sounds great.

Great job Brian, Jeremy & I will be there with cash
in hand and ready to ride. We hope to get an early start Thursday so we are rested for a full day Friday. We must start with breakfast at CROT, sausage and pancakes mmmmm.
BTY were you able to get 1 really large shirt to hang on the ceiling? Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Very well put my friend. I know I have said it over and over, thanks for all you do with the Bash.

Sounds like a plan to me. Let us know when we can paypal the fee. Thanks for all your hard work!

Thanks guys, I'm working out the paypal details now... just really wanted to get this posted for everyone since we are right around a month away at this point. I'll post the paypal stuff this weekend, things around here are just wicked crazy (changing jobs in a week
biggrin.gif
) so please bear with me for a couple of days
cool.gif

ok, 119 views and 10 replies
rock.gif

Lets go folks, we need to hear from you if you are coming to the event. Please chime in here so that we can get some idea of where we are with this
smile.gif

OK... I think it's a great idea... and deal! I just have one question... how's about a members couples rate in there~ That is...
TheKatsMeow and I are a couple.. yet we are both members (in good standing I think)~ So this registration would cost us 80$ and double us up with items we wouldn't need two of and can be used for other sales/auctions or whatnot for the site~ I'm sure we'll both want a shirt (already put in the order) and tickets for the cookout and raffle thing.. but there is no need for us to have two copies of the Photo CD, or two sets of maps and all that info stuff, or some of the other items~ Know what I mean...?
rock.gif

Good points....As mentioned before, we aren't looking for any money for ourselves, just make sure costs are covered and then proceeds to the Org. Let me figure something out for a "couples" rate.
cool.gif

so wait...we've gone from showing up ready to eat ride and sleep for a few days on our own.....to supplied food, raffles and 20.00 CDs?....40.00 w/T-shirts?

I knew we were to expect a cost for the T-shirts...and in fact I wanted a few of them, not including the 2 other couples that I am bringing.

I offered to copy the CDs for free...hell I'll would have donated a 100 pack of CDs to make the discs.

I even have a roll of raffle tickets to donate for use if you want.

I think there needs to be another option added...those that just want the CD...and they could then buy T-shirts as desired.
A 5.00 donation for the CD to cover the Killboy expenses would be right!
Then sell 1.00 raffle tickets.

That still leaves money for the .org coffers.

I have already spent over 150.00 in food & drink.

I just need one CD and some T-shirts.

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143239885 -->

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back