Burn a Quaran...behead a non-believer...sounds reasonable...

No

A Muslim who seek to distroy the Holy Bible or any revelations that came down to Moses, David or Solomon is considered non-believer in the Muslims faith.

It's also critical for Muslims to believe in the original revelations just as important to believe in the revelation of the Quran that came to Muhammad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's interesting Teg. I have a question then (a real question without rancor this time) for you and Delgado: While I believe that the West has a pretty decent hold/control over their more radical elements who operate under the guise of 'radical christianity" (as most Christians consider the acts of these groups as un-christianlike), why does it appear in the West that the mainstream Muslim world does not have as good of control on their 'radical muslim' elements? Is it the press? Am I just naive?

this thread is getting touchy.
but its still in the news, and startin to tic me off.
our government is coming out and telling people "don't burn this book!, it can be dangerous for Americans!"
::11 there is soo much wrong with that statement, it's hard to know where to start.

:bomb: ok lets start with the retaliation to the burning of a book. :poke: these radicals saw something on youtube that made them go kill people. ?? you can do that? just get mad over a youtube video and go kill people? and get away with it!?! it's not like any of those radicals actually saw this "Pastor" burn a book. most probably didn't even see the youtube video! and they proceed to go out and kill 5 people NOT EVEN IN THE VIDEO! :wtf:
why is everyone mad at the feller in Florida, and not the murderers? he didn't kill anyone! he burned a book. he didn't kill the last unicorn, Barnes and Noble has plenty left.

i guess i just don't understand. jet me go off on a tangent here.

Penn and Teller "burn" an American flag every night in vegas, and the nation has not risen up and killed them. they don't have death threats. why? because our Constution protects the freedoms that allow them to do that. they can burn a flag and not make the paper and tv. they can burn a flag and the "Patriots" don't riot and kill innocent people. if you have ever seen them do it, you might agree with me that the way they "burn" the American flag is .... well, very American!
- Penn & Teller - Patriotism[/url]

now back to the "preacher" in Florida...:whistle:
i was saying that this man did not kill anyone. he just burned a book. from what im seeing on the news, the police have pretty much told the guy he is on his own. WAIT A MINUTE! on his own? they are going to do nothing about the death threats to this American citizens? our military is going to do nothing to stop these radicals from killing people? innocent people? REALLY?!! instead they outcast an American citizen over another country's, and other peoples' violent actions.
???:leseratte: this just isn't adding up to me. out casting this Florida "preacher"; and if they allow for his murder. :omg: that all just seems Very UNAMERICAN to me.
it is the folks runnin around killing people that are the enemy. KILL THEM.
it seems like it would be easy. theres a guy with a machine gun, he's out of uniform. shoot him. theres an angry mob out to kill people. shoot them. theres a guy burning a book in a country (my country, the greatest country in the world!) that protects the right to do so. protect HIM.

i don't know how this will end. but im sure Satan is sitting near by with a bucket of popcorn!:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
We have to remember that our laws and justice system is not world wide. Some in the world think our laws are backwards. We don't believe in canning but do believe in killing unarmed burgulars. Early in our history, revenge killing was acceptable. We have to remember that even though that area may have started civilization their laws and customs have not aged.

Also, there is no money to be made defending our flag against individual extremist. In the eyes of many of the government pawn pushers, these actions would actually cost them money in the middle east. Defending the flag is not the same as defending oil revenues.

edit: insert bible, people or way of life where i used flag.

Does anyone believe that the opening of our boarders and trampling of our flag would have been accepted 30-40-50 years ago? These sure are some interesting times . I say enjoy life the best you can NOW because I think theres going to be some major changes ahead and it might no be fun.....

You guys are nutz.... They can burn the bible all day long as far as I am concerned... It's just a book with words... Disrespectful, sure but the bible isn't a magical book, it's still paper, ink and bindings... It's the words inside the bible that are what is important, the message, the guidance, the written inspired word if God... The bible isn't a Harry Potter spell book but it does contain the doctrine and foundation for the Christian belief. If they were burning maybe the last bible or something we would have a reason to be upset but just for burning a book I say let em do it, maybe it will keep them busy for awhile. In the mean time we can show that we are above all of the rhetoric and as Christians we have faith in something more than just a book.... We have the faith in the man that wrote it.

The bible tells us in:

1 Corinthians 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Notice it doesn't say religious it says the man without the spirit, meaning that if you don't believe in Jesus Christ then the bible looks like just a bunch of words.... I have my own copy of the bible, it tells us to have patience and pray about our needs..... I think that I will pray for our country and not burn the Quran just to make someone else upset..

cap

Nuff said...Amen!!!

this thread is getting touchy.
but its still in the news, and startin to tic me off.
our government is coming out and telling people "don't burn this book!, it can be dangerous for Americans!"
::11 there is soo much wrong with that statement, it's hard to know where to start.

:bomb: ok lets start with the retaliation to the burning of a book. :poke: these radicals saw something on youtube that made them go kill people. ?? you can do that? just get mad over a youtube video and go kill people? and get away with it!?! it's not like any of those radicals actually saw this "Pastor" burn a book. most probably didn't even see the youtube video! and they proceed to go out and kill 5 people NOT EVEN IN THE VIDEO! :wtf:
why is everyone mad at the feller in Florida, and not the murderers? he didn't kill anyone! he burned a book. he didn't kill the last unicorn, Barnes and Noble has plenty left.

i guess i just don't understand. jet me go off on a tangent here.

Penn and Teller "burn" an American flag every night in vegas, and the nation has not risen up and killed them. they don't have death threats. why? because our Constution protects the freedoms that allow them to do that. they can burn a flag and not make the paper and tv. they can burn a flag and the "Patriots" don't riot and kill innocent people. if you have ever seen them do it, you might agree with me that the way they "burn" the American flag is .... well, very American!
- Penn & Teller - Patriotism[/url]

now back to the "preacher" in Florida...:whistle:
i was saying that this man did not kill anyone. he just burned a book. from what im seeing on the news, the police have pretty much told the guy he is on his own. WAIT A MINUTE! on his own? they are going to do nothing about the death threats to this American citizens? our military is going to do nothing to stop these radicals from killing people? innocent people? REALLY?!! instead they outcast an American citizen over another country's, and other peoples' violent actions.
???:leseratte: this just isn't adding up to me. out casting this Florida "preacher"; and if they allow for his murder. :omg: that all just seems Very UNAMERICAN to me.
it is the folks runnin around killing people that are the enemy. KILL THEM.
it seems like it would be easy. theres a guy with a machine gun, he's out of uniform. shoot him. theres an angry mob out to kill people. shoot them. theres a guy burning a book in a country (my country, the greatest country in the world!) that protects the right to do so. protect HIM.

i don't know how this will end. but im sure Satan is sitting near by with a bucket of popcorn!:popcorn:

Well said Red, I was personally against the idiot priest antagonizing people, but you have a point.

Kinda reminds me of the (I believe) Belgium cartoon that showed Mohammed or some crap, which isn't supposed to be done, so the islamic countries protested by killing innocent people. :banghead: All over a freakin' cartoon that was in no way attempting to bash Mohammed, or the religion.

Last edited by a moderator:
We as christian have ALOT to be ashamed of. Our history is as stained or more than thiers. What they did was wrong... What our ancestors did was wrong.. why cant we all just get along?

I agree there are points in history where people used Christianity for the wrong reasons. They are NOT my Christian ancestors. They are simply mis-guided people.

I choose to be very proud of Christianity for what it stems from and stands for; that is the life, teaching, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

P.

That's interesting Teg. I have a question then (a real question without rancor this time) for you and Delgado: While I believe that the West has a pretty decent hold/control over their more radical elements who operate under the guise of 'radical christianity" (as most Christians consider the acts of these groups as un-christianlike), why does it appear in the West that the mainstream Muslim world does not have as good of control on their 'radical muslim' elements? Is it the press? Am I just naive?

Unfortunately, people are a part of many different sects, tribes, families, and overall have different beliefs, which causes lots of problems as far as who gets a say in what. People are even killing each other over it. Unless Muslims can get over all this bs that's going on and go back to the roots of what Islam is really about, then it will continue to receive this bad image. In the end, it is up to the people to fix this instead of waiting for something magical to happen. This is a shared view among many Muslims but, no one is taking any action. And don't forget, these so called Muslim countries are run by corrupt people which doesn't help the situation at all.

That is just my opinion on the issue. Maybe tegbusa knows more about this than I do.

No, but they don't see those people as innocents. They are foreigners in their country, and in their mind they've lumped them in with the US and the action portrayed over here. I bet you would feel differently if there were taliban military posts all over the US and they were over there burning bibles... basically reverse the role here.

In this country we arent allowed to do things like that because we're then intollerant racists or whatever. You dont think there are taliban folks here? I'd love to round them up and donate a bullet to the head on TV, think that would change minds?

There's too many bleeding hearts in this country that dont want to call a spade a spade...

Does anyone believe that the opening of our boarders and trampling of our flag would have been accepted 30-40-50 years ago? These sure are some interesting times . I say enjoy life the best you can NOW because I think theres going to be some major changes ahead and it might no be fun.....

And my wife keeps asking me why I feel the need to keep buying ammo...

I personally want to know what the Muhatma Ghandi would have done. or Siddhartha for that matter. All of these radicals, regardless of religious affiliation, are just that, radicals. Someone show me a Buddhist radical.
Over the years I have studied many religions, not just the religion itself but the history of them as well and I can tell you one thing; religion is dangerous. I could care less what book you want to burn, as long as it is not used as kindling to set my Busa on fire, have at it. Set yourself up a fire pit in the back yard and spend your hard earned money on what ever book you want at Barnes and Noble, stimulate the American economy, and burn it in the privacy of your own back yard. Just keep your fire away from my damn bike. Thats all I really care about, just dont set my bike on fire.
Now lets get back to the real world and throw our legs over that 200hp monster we love so much and lets these radicals do what they were "born to do" (kill each other). Sooner or later (probably later) this problem will fix itself, it has happened over and over again through out history, radicals rise up, kill each other, and then there is a time of peace. I have a feeling that one day, not in our lifetimes mind you, religion will be phased out globally and we will be unified as a people facing some greater adversity like zombie apocalypse, alien invasion or maybe something simpler that we have done ourselves like stripping the planet bare of resources.
Now get up, stop typing the word Islam or Christian or Qur'an, and get on your bike!

Go burn some bibles at this clowns church in Gainsville. See what he does.
Islamafanatics should be nuked. Crazy christians to.

Unfortunately, people are a part of many different sects, tribes, families, and overall have different beliefs, which causes lots of problems as far as who gets a say in what. People are even killing each other over it. Unless Muslims can get over all this bs that's going on and go back to the roots of what Islam is really about, then it will continue to receive this bad image. In the end, it is up to the people to fix this instead of waiting for something magical to happen. This is a shared view among many Muslims but, no one is taking any action. And don't forget, these so called Muslim countries are run by corrupt people which doesn't help the situation at all.

That is just my opinion on the issue. Maybe tegbusa knows more about this than I do.

Again, I very much appreciate your honest assessment. You represent your faith well.

I do believe that the Muslim religion is being used as a tool of those who want to warp it for power and wealth. I also believe it to be more the responsiblity of those WITHIN the faith to fix the image, than those of us on the outside looking in. Us infidels can't fix it, only those within the faith can, and when they do I'd certainly be the first to say "live and let live". But until I see the silent majority take care of their own radical elements, I continue to stand guard.

In this country we arent allowed to do things like that because we're then intollerant racists or whatever. You dont think there are taliban folks here? I'd love to round them up and donate a bullet to the head on TV, think that would change minds?

There's too many bleeding hearts in this country that dont want to call a spade a spade...

... what? ???

Again, I very much appreciate your honest assessment. You represent your faith well.

I do believe that the Muslim religion is being used as a tool of those who want to warp it for power and wealth. I also believe it to be more the responsiblity of those WITHIN the faith to fix the image, than those of us on the outside looking in. Us infidels can't fix it, only those within the faith can, and when they do I'd certainly be the first to say "live and let live". But until I see the silent majority take care of their own radical elements, I continue to stand guard.

Yep I agree. In the end it really is up to the people to change the current image tied to this religion and more importantly to lead by example. Anyways, I think I'm done talking about religion lol I'll see you around in another thread :handshake:

**death to all infidels**

Yep I agree. In the end it really is up to the people to change the current image tied to this religion and more importantly to lead by example. Anyways, I think I'm done talking about religion lol I'll see you around in another thread :handshake:

**death to all infidels**

Is that the right hand or the left hand you are shaking with :whistle:

Child molesting inbreed in Florida just stirring up **** and putting our soldiers lives over seas in jeopardy. I agree we need to be more firm in handling these **** tard terrorists, but what about the white trash people in our own country holding rallies at soldiers funerals? U don't think that gives the wrong impression to the Taliban? Meaning if we cant control those *******s, how the **** are we going to stop them. It all starts at home. So if we ignorantly classify all Muslims as terrorists that hate the USA, how do u think they view religions of the US or the Bible? With all of the scandals involving the church and priests, they must think all Americans are pedophiles. All in all, peoples religions should stay out of the argument and the focus should be on getting rid of all terrorists at home and abroad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back