Burn a Quaran...behead a non-believer...sounds reasonable...

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Kinda settles the answer on the "peaceful religion" doesn't it?

Five killed as Afghans protest Quran burning - World news - South and Central Asia - Afghanistan - msnbc.com

Kinda makes me want to burn one too, with a good rifle nearby and play 'whack a mole' at whomever pops up....and no, i'm not advocating violence, but we may have to be prepared to fight fire with fire...

I'm ready for a national "Burn the Quaran" Day...a national "FU" to those who seek to destroy the USA.

Not that I'm saying the Pastor in FL was right, but I also think we are going to have to stop assuming that we are playing on a level field. Our own freedoms that we offer to all are being used against us.

In response, I present to you... a white box!!! :rofl:

- Sam Harris: The Problem with Islamic Fundamentalism are the Fundamentals of Islam[/url]

Just remember, while this is really terrible stuff... there aren't many religions that ARE tolerant at their core. Sure people have made stuff up for the 'new age' or whatever, but then... that's not really where their religion came from or what it was really supposed to be.

How would the Christians feel if their bibles were being burned? I bet people would be screaming for their heads.

Religion is dangerous in all its forms. Abolition through education rather than violence is the only answer.. and unfortunately it's going to take a very, very long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I eagerly await a youtube video of you burning a Koran, throw in a bible too for good measure.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

cheers
ken

In response, I present to you... a white box!!! :rofl:

[URL="
- Sam Harris: The Problem with Islamic Fundamentalism are the Fundamentals of Islam[/URL]

Just remember, while this is really terrible stuff... there aren't many religions that ARE tolerant at their core. Sure people have made stuff up for the 'new age' or whatever, but then... that's not really where their religion came from or what it was really supposed to be.

How would the Christians feel if their bibles were being burned? I bet people would be screaming for their heads.

Religion is dangerous in all its forms. Abolition through education rather than violence is the only answer.. and unfortunately it's going to take a very, very long time.

The difference is, while I am certainly offended by Muslims overseas burning and desecrating Bibles, the American flag, etc., I'm not going to go out and round up a bunch of innocents over here just because of their religion and chop their heads off....

Last edited by a moderator:
:deadhorse: alert!

Keith I would have expected this from others but not from you.

Yeah yeah...

I try to just stay out of the discussions involving religion as best I can. I thought the video kinda fit with the topic, then I couldn't help myself.

That poor poor horsey. =(

:deadhorse: alert!

Keith I would have expected this from others but not from you.

You may be right Saiid, But I'm kinda outraged for those innocents - UN employees over there to try and HELP, getting beheaded for just being there....

I'm ususally a live and let live kinda guy, but I starting to think that the other 'side' doesn't feel the same...

The difference is, while I am certainly offended by Muslims overseas burning and desecrating Bibles, the American flag, etc., I'm not going to go out and round up a bunch of innocents over here just because of their religion and chop their heads off....

No, but they don't see those people as innocents. They are foreigners in their country, and in their mind they've lumped them in with the US and the action portrayed over here. I bet you would feel differently if there were taliban military posts all over the US and they were over there burning bibles... basically reverse the role here.

Just a thought. Keep poking at the fire, and SOMEONE is bound to get burned. It's a terrible terrible shame, it really is and I hate that it's happening. Lots and lots of hate in every corner of the situation, on both sides.

Edit:Sky, the other side doesn't feel the same at all!

You guys are nutz.... They can burn the bible all day long as far as I am concerned... It's just a book with words... Disrespectful, sure but the bible isn't a magical book, it's still paper, ink and bindings... It's the words inside the bible that are what is important, the message, the guidance, the written inspired word if God... The bible isn't a Harry Potter spell book but it does contain the doctrine and foundation for the Christian belief. If they were burning maybe the last bible or something we would have a reason to be upset but just for burning a book I say let em do it, maybe it will keep them busy for awhile. In the mean time we can show that we are above all of the rhetoric and as Christians we have faith in something more than just a book.... We have the faith in the man that wrote it.

The bible tells us in:

1 Corinthians 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Notice it doesn't say religious it says the man without the spirit, meaning that if you don't believe in Jesus Christ then the bible looks like just a bunch of words.... I have my own copy of the bible, it tells us to have patience and pray about our needs..... I think that I will pray for our country and not burn the Quran just to make someone else upset..

cap

You guys are nutz.... They can burn the bible all day long as far as I am concerned... It's just a book with words... Disrespectful, sure but the bible isn't a magical book, it's still paper, ink and bindings... It's the words inside the bible that are what is important, the message, the guidance, the written inspired word if God... The bible isn't a Harry Potter spell book but it does contain the doctrine and foundation for the Christian belief. If they were burning maybe the last bible or something we would have a reason to be upset but just for burning a book I say let em do it, maybe it will keep them busy for awhile. In the mean time we can show that we are above all of the rhetoric and as Christians we have faith in something more than just a book.... We have the faith in the man that wrote it.

The bible tells us in:

1 Corinthians 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Notice it doesn't say religious it says the man without the spirit, meaning that if you don't believe in Jesus Christ then the bible looks like just a bunch of words.... I have my own copy of the bible, it tells us to have patience and pray about our needs..... I think that I will pray for our country and not burn the Quran just to make someone else upset..

cap

Doug, I can 100% agree with everything you say above (even that I may be a little nuts sometimes). I just wonder how far it has to go before people say 'enough'. Is that when Christians are outnumbered by Muslims in the US (entirely possible within the next 50 years) and sharaih law (pardon my spelling) becomes legitimate, as elected by the majority, in the US? Will historians look back on 2011 and say "they saw it coming, but didn't do anything about it"?

I will be long gone by then, but I do fear for my daughter's future (as I'm sure every father had feared for his daughter's future since time immemorial).

Doug and Kieth:

You both have very good points and I feel the same way as both of you on the matter.... 50/50! It is a touchy matter now matter what angle you look at it from. I understand how frustrating it is to watch someone else just go about doing what ever they want to others, and sitting on the side lines going that is wrong. A stand does need to be made some time or another, but hopefully not when it is too late. I know I am ready when all hell breaks loose here in the states, and will die for my beliefs and country. Until then, I grit my teeth and watch the BS!

As a Christian I am against what the pastor in FL did. It only incites more hate. I think we Christians could better spend our time following Christ's teachings and serving our brothers and sisters with love and kindness.

We as christian have ALOT to be ashamed of. Our history is as stained or more than thiers. What they did was wrong... What our ancestors did was wrong.. why cant we all just get along?

Doug, I can 100% agree with everything you say above (even that I may be a little nuts sometimes). I just wonder how far it has to go before people say 'enough'. Is that when Christians are outnumbered by Muslims in the US (entirely possible within the next 50 years) and sharaih law (pardon my spelling) becomes legitimate, as elected by the majority, in the US? Will historians look back on 2011 and say "they saw it coming, but didn't do anything about it"?

I will be long gone by then, but I do fear for my daughter's future (as I'm sure every father had feared for his daughter's future since time immemorial).

So let me answer this as best I know how... Sometimes we forget that as Christians we know who wins. The story has already been written we just have to play it out and make sure that we do the right things... It's absolutely perfectly normal to want to deal with things ourselves but Keith I don't care if I'm out number 200 million to one I know where I will spend eternity, its been promised to me. Through Grace I am saved... As simple as that! I think that often times we live our lives just like we post on this forum, ever just typed out what you were thinking at that time? Ever gone back and looked and told yourself that you could have done it better if I had just slowed down a little?

I see prayer a lot like that, we should drop to our knees and 1st thank God for his mercy and Grace. Then we should seek his guidance and direction, wisdom and patience. Are you really concerned about being outnumbered when you are being obedient to the creator of the universe?

There are times we will have to go to war, there is a time we will have to kill but it should be as the last resort, prayer should lead us daily....

There are many other faiths out there but I think that regardless of what yours is prayer and peace would come before hatred and killing...

I do think that we must stand up for what we believe but we live in a country where freedom rings, not everyone is as aligned in values and beliefs anymore and that is causing a problem. In any event burning the Quran is going to do nothing more than keep the hate going, if you pray about it and you still think burning the Quaran is the right thing then go for it...

cap

THIS IS WHAT A TRAITOR LOOKS LIKE TO MOST OF US.

If this doesn't both piss you off and make you sick then you're a lost cause.......
In
President Truman
established one day a year as a
"National Day of Prayer."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In
President Reagan
designated the
First Thursday in May of each year as
the National Day of Prayer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In June
(then)
Presidential
Candidate Barack Obama
declared that the USA
"Was no longer a
Christian nation."
---------------------------------------------------------------
This year
President Obama
canceled the
21st annual National Day