Buell Pegs STRESS TEST

(wrenchmonk @ Aug. 15 2007,11:17) Good tests!   I hope that sacrificial set wasn't one of mine that I requested.
HA-HA-HA!!! NO WAY!! I used one of mine from my Busa. WHAT WAS I THINKING?
rock.gif
??
all_coholic.gif

(GSX1300R-T @ Aug. 13 2007,20:43) I also have a video of this actual test,............is anyone is interested.
Did I miss this vid?
all_coholic.gif

Thanks for all of your work.

(heavybusa @ Aug. 15 2007,18:22)
(GSX1300R-T @ Aug. 13 2007,20:43) I also have a video of this actual test,............is anyone is interested.
Did I miss this vid?  
all_coholic.gif

Thanks for all of your work.
You did not miss the vid. I have been so busy with the stress test,.......and putting together an installation booklet to go along with the peg sets,............that I have not have time to convert from camcorder(cassette) to dvd. Once I get this first big order of pegs finished and shipped...I'll get back to the vid. I wish there were more hours in a DAY!!! Pheewwww!!!!!!!

Hey... anyone got a part number on these pegs? I have seen pics of the mod and it looks like something I could use.

i had the buell pegs before it was cool.. lol

chevrolet makes some door bushings for s-10 (basically any year) that work really great at taking up the slack.. plus they are cheap and easy to find... nearly every dealership stocks them.

get the over sized ones (they come in sizes because after long enough the hole in the door hinge gets widened out) tap em' in there and yer done.

anyway... just thought I'd share that part in case anybody didn't already know that.

Nice work..

Is that 500lbs actual force applied to the peg ? Or 500lbs pressure to your hydraulic cylinder? If it is cylinder pressure then we need the diameter of the cylinder to calculate the force applied...

(Truckracer @ Aug. 17 2007,04:37) Nice work..

Is that 500lbs actual force applied to the peg ? Or 500lbs pressure to your hydraulic cylinder? If it is cylinder pressure then we need the diameter of the cylinder to calculate the force applied...
The actual force was 500 lbs. on the outer tip of the peg, and 2500 lbs. on the inner most part. The part number you need is N0006.1AD. They range from $27 to $35 in most places. For you DIY guys thinking about this mod,...........I've been told that you GM bushings are a bit loose on the fit of the pin,........so be careful not to remove too much metal on the stop point of the peg. Luckily,......you can buy the pegs individually if you cut one too much. I wanted polished aluminum sleeves to match my peg,........so I machine mine from solid aluminum rod. Thanks for the questions!

(XLCC @ Aug. 16 2007,20:37) Hey... anyone got a part number on these pegs?  I have seen pics of the mod and it looks like something I could use.
Part # N0006.1AD. Good luck with your mod. You'll love the new riding position!!!

Back