Buell Pegs ROCK

(GSX1300R-T @ Aug. 07 2007,13:03)
(SnapAttack @ Aug. 07 2007,12
super.gif
)
(Dubs @ Aug. 06 2007,17:18) IMO if someone wants to offer something at ANY price and someone else weighs it up and says "yeh thats right for me"

Then so be it

No need to can the post coz the guy wants to do the work for other people.

I am not a handy person and if there was someone here in Australia who did it I myself would pay for it in a heartbeat - but thats me.

Mine cost me USD$42 just to buy local and then 4hrs riding around to source the spacers to fit and then 2 hrs to grind (again I am by no means a handyman).

2c

Dubs
Been out of touch, sorry. I wasn't trying to pass judgement on the sale, just question it. I use this forum as a valuable resource. What helps define that "value" is to trust that most of the time other board members will point me into the right direction. I'm not saying this isn't a god deal, just wanted a little more detail. As members we should always try to "educate" the viewers so that an "informed" decision can be made. I'm sure the members who have ordered will be pleased, I'm also sure that the members that went the alternative route are just as pleased. Just my .02.
As I mentioned to a member in an earlier post,........It's all good. I'm happy to answer questions concerning these pegs. Keeping in mind,.............I'm simply offering my services of labor to anyone interested. I didn't design or produce the pegs,........Buell did. I'm simply giving people a choice of laboring through this task of modification or allowing me to do all the "leg walk". I've seen MANY, MANY custom and aftermarket parts listed on many of the bikes on this site. Most of which,...........change the appearence of the bike. This is a mod which offers something that a person can feel immediately,...............and say "Man,........that was money well spent". EVERY mod or add-on that I've done to my bike was done for FUNCTION ONLY!! Whether it was to increase horsepower or better the overall ride,............I do it for function in mind!!
"leg work" << typo on previous message

can I get a pic of your bushings?
I have the GM ones and honestly I don't care for em.  It's not the color it's the fit.
$8 for both bushings? do they run the length fo the peg from top to bottom?

thanks in advance.

(rockadaous @ Aug. 07 2007,15:29) can I get a pic of your bushings?
I have the GM ones and honestly I don't care for em.  It's not the color it's the fit.

thanks in advance.
Hey! Sure,..........I'll go home tonight,.........and take a pic of the bushing for you. They do extend from top to bottom of the peg. Talk soon!

(GSX1300R-T @ Aug. 07 2007,18:flamethrowing:)
(rockadaous @ Aug. 07 2007,15
super.gif
) can I get a pic of your bushings?

thanks in advance.
Hey! Sure,..........I'll go home tonight,.........and take a pic of the bushing for you. They do extend from top to bottom of the peg. Talk soon!
if that's the case then I'll take a set if you sell them seperate.

I was just thinking about pegs, but maybe not ready for the Buell pegs. But it's pretty cool to offer your services for those of us who have limited resources.

Although I'm ok with the stock pegs for now, is there any way to increase the resistance of the spring by replacing it with one that's more stiff? Seems that they should not move up and down so easily.

(05 Busa LE @ Aug. 07 2007,19:52) I was just thinking about pegs, but maybe not ready for the Buell pegs. But it's pretty cool to offer your services for those of us who have limited resources.

Although I'm ok with the stock pegs for now, is there any way to increase the resistance of the spring by replacing it with one that's more stiff?  Seems that they should not move up and down so easily.
you want your pegs to move. when your hitting the twisties if they hit you want them to give. If not it could possible lead to a low side. it'll lift the rear tire off the ground.

(rockadaous @ Aug. 07 2007,17:04)
(05 Busa LE @ Aug. 07 2007,19:52) I was just thinking about pegs, but maybe not ready for the Buell pegs. But it's pretty cool to offer your services for those of us who have limited resources.

Although I'm ok with the stock pegs for now, is there any way to increase the resistance of the spring by replacing it with one that's more stiff?  Seems that they should not move up and down so easily.
you want your pegs to move.  when your hitting the twisties if they hit you want them to give.  If not it could possible lead to a low side.  it'll lift the rear tire off the ground.
I second what rockadaous said. BUT,.......if you insist on a little more resistance,......it's easy. Remove the spring,......place one side securely in a small vise. Use small vise grips to grasp the other side of the spring and rotate is in a counterclockwise rotation,..........as if you are trying to unwind the coil. NOT TOO MUCH! Try it,........and see if it improves your situation.

(rockadaous @ Aug. 07 2007,15:35)
(GSX1300R-T @ Aug. 07 2007,18
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(rockadaous @ Aug. 07 2007,15
super.gif
) can I get a pic of your bushings?

thanks in advance.
if that's the case then I'll take a set if you sell them seperate.
Hey,.....no problem. IF you could give me a couple days to make a set. I was going to wait for my shipment of pegs to arrive first of the week,........and make the sleeves then,.........but I'll make you a set before the weekend. I start with solid aluminum rod,...........and go from there. Talk soon!! BTW,........I responded to your mail from my Yahoo account too.

(GSX1300R-T @ Aug. 07 2007,17:12)
(rockadaous @ Aug. 07 2007,17:04)

you want your pegs to move.  when your hitting the twisties if they hit you want them to give.  If not it could possible lead to a low side.  it'll lift the rear tire off the ground.
I second what rockadaous said. BUT,.......if you insist on a little more resistance,......it's easy. Remove the spring,......place one side securely in a small vise. Use small vise grips to grasp the other side of the spring and rotate is in a counterclockwise rotation,..........as if you are trying to unwind the coil. NOT TOO MUCH! Try it,........and see if it improves your situation.
+1

FYI - When I replaced those "massive" OEM pegs with TL1000 pegs it increased the resistance (I'm guessing) due to weight savings. I will eventually do the mod being sold here but went with the others because they match the rear pegs.

(rockadaous @ Aug. 08 2007,06:35) no rush on my end.  R u coming on the ride to wilmington on the 18th?
Thanks! I'll get them made way before then. Don't know about the trip on the 18th,...........just did 2 trips through the Dragon recently. Gotta talk with the wife!
argue.gif

(rockadaous @ Aug. 08 2007,18:29)
beerchug.gif
 understand that
Hey Man,........everything is good on my end. I left a message on the Southeast Riders forum. Email me with a solid plan for the 18th,............and I'm there. Time and place to meet that morning,........and possible route. Route is not that important as long as we are rolling!! L8R!!!!

I have read of ppl scraping thier feet with this mod. I wear a 16 and as much as I want the leg room I don't want to lose a toe either.
Wondering if any other big footed riders have any comments on this?

(Big_guy @ Aug. 24 2007,22:00) I have read of ppl scraping thier feet with this mod. I wear a 16 and as much as I want the leg room I don't want to lose a toe either.
Wondering if any other big footed riders have any comments on this?
I wear an 11,........and I've touched a toe slider a time or two with the stock pegs,.........only to realize that in the twisties,.........I need to adjust my feet. Toes on the pegs in the twisties. Watch the pros do it,............toes on the pegs!!!! Let me know if I can help,..........I have a set of these "ready to bolt-on" with instructions on Ebay currently!

Any problems melting the sole of your shoe on the pipe while resting your foot? I tend to do that with the stock pegs. The peg looks as if it's actually touching the pipe with the Buells.

(P-Willy @ Aug. 28 2007,18:43) Any problems melting the sole of your shoe on the pipe while resting your foot?  I tend to do that with the stock pegs.  The peg looks as if it's actually touching the pipe with the Buells.
my shoe comes in contact every once in a while.  I have yet to melt a pair  
laugh.gif
the pipe is close, but it doesn't touch

Installed the pegs last night and tried them out today. The pegs made a huge difference in comfort for my commute. They are not as long as the stock pegs and it feels a bit weird under my feet at first. My boot heels are very close to the pipes thought. I have yet to leave a burn mark on the pipes. The suggested brake and clutch instructions were easy to follow. The extra e-clips that were included were most welcomed after one of the stock e-clips become a projectile. Fit and finish were excellent, although I think I'm going to have mine powder coated or topped with with an 1/8" of Line-X since the bike has an anti-shine motif about it.

has anyone tried these pegs with the okrapovich titanium exhaust system, my stock pegs look pretty close to the pipe, would these hit the bigger pipe?

Back