Buell pegs

LiBusa

Registered
I'm taking a trip to North Carolina the end of this month. I'm 6' 3" with a 34 " inseam. I'm interested in the Buell foot peg Mod. I have the part number for the pegs.

I think I need a sleeve for the buell footpegs. I'm told I can use a GM door hinge sleeve. Does anyone have a part number? Also, could I use Suzuki TL1000R spacer/sleeve for Buell peg. If so, what is that part number?

hi i used a 1/4 ips brass nipple , driled it out to the size of the pin. worked out good for me. once i got it all done i don`t use them. have short legs did not need.
just my 2.5 cents

Any Napa will have the GM bushings. I sanded the shoulders down to give myself the needed clearance without sanding on the pegs too much.

I'm taking a trip to North Carolina the end of this month. I'm 6' 3" with a 34 " inseam. I'm interested in the Buell foot peg Mod. I have the part number for the pegs.

I think I need a sleeve for the buell footpegs. I'm told I can use a GM door hinge sleeve. Does anyone have a part number? Also, could I use Suzuki TL1000R spacer/sleeve for Buell peg. If so, what is that part number?
You can get the TL1000R numbers and order from RonAyres.com. I change my pegs to the TLR pegs and love'em. But, I didn't keep the packing receipt so I can't give you the numbers ____ SORRY  
sad.gif

The Motormite GM door bushings (part number 38375) were $4.00 for a pack of two. Four bushings are needed. I found these at AutoZone, labeled as "HELP" package.

This is the information I used with my install.

<!--EDIT|Poppy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145729027 -->

The Motormite GM door bushings (part number 38375) were $4.00 for a pack of two. Four bushings are needed. I found these at AutoZone, labeled as "HELP" package.
Man I got mine from NAPA and all four were like $2. They even gave me a replacement one for free after I zinged one across the shop with my grinder.

The one thing I notice is that people tend to do a lot of grinding/sanding on the peg itself to clear the factory mount. I chose to sand as little as possible off the pegs for strength and instead grind the shoulder of the bushing down. Which is how I zinged the aforementioned one across the shop. But I like to think the pegs wont fail on me for removing too much material. Though I did have to bevel the bottom sides a little to clear the pipes.

what about after market pegs?
rock.gif
? seems like you pick up at least 3/4" buy eliminating the rubber that is on the top of the stock pegs....thats what they say you pick up buy using tl1000 pegs..

In my opinion, the stock peg is fugly with the rubber piece off. The TL & the Buell pegs look good!

just put on the buell peg LOVE IT!!!
I had to file down some of the peg, now I know that is common. I didn't put in any bushing
or nipple is this nessisery(need spell check)? I don't want to grind off any more than I have to.

i went back to stock pegs. i removed the rubber and mounted a thin piece of rubber in its place. much lower and with the rubber it is not slippery. the rubber is a section of a black bunge strap.

sorry about jackin this thread just offering a option
Hey Randy, howz about a cleaner shot (focus) of your mod, also what kind of material did you use exactly ?

I had second thoughts about doing the buell peg mod for the same reason (slippery when wet) since I to ride in the rain.

Nice mod, once again, Playa keep up the creativity !!!!
super.gif

ok here are some better ones
the mounting is with 3/16" x 1/2" binding post with screw.
the rubber is a regular thick bungie strap cot to 3 1/4" then mounted with the binding post.
then schazam:D

DSCF1075.JPG

Back