Buell Pegs ROCK

(Punisher @ Aug. 06 2007,15:04) Dude, no offense but that is alot of money for something that will cost you no more than about 30 bucks.  Here is a post on how to do it yourself.  Just thought you should know there is no need to machine "special bushings" and spend all that time.  You can get all the stuff from

Buell Dealership:  20-25 bucks for the pegs.
Autozone:  The Motormite GM door bushings $8.00
And grind the pegs yourself.

beerchug.gif

P
Dude,...no offense,......but I use polished aluminum sleeves to match the polished and anodized look of the peg. IF I'm not mistaken,........the bushings that you speak of are bronze. I understand that IF an individual has TIME and the TOOLS to modify these parts.....chances are that most could do it. But NOT everyone is setup with a shop and tools to do this modification. NOT everyone wishes to do this modification. READ my earlier post (breakdown of labor). IF you or anyone else wants to offer these pegs (ready to bolt-on) for less,.........GO FOR IT!! I'm NOT getting rich on this by no means. I thought it was a great improvement to the ride of the BUSA,.........and I wish to share it with anyone interested.

IMO if someone wants to offer something at ANY price and someone else weighs it up and says "yeh thats right for me"

Then so be it

No need to can the post coz the guy wants to do the work for other people.

I am not a handy person and if there was someone here in Australia who did it I myself would pay for it in a heartbeat - but thats me.

Mine cost me USD$42 just to buy local and then 4hrs riding around to source the spacers to fit and then 2 hrs to grind (again I am by no means a handyman).

2c

Dubs

(GSX1300R-T @ Aug. 06 2007,16:56)
(Punisher @ Aug. 06 2007,15:04) Dude, no offense but that is alot of money for something that will cost you no more than about 30 bucks.  Here is a post on how to do it yourself.  Just thought you should know there is no need to machine "special bushings" and spend all that time.  You can get all the stuff from

beerchug.gif

P
Dude,...no offense,......but I use polished aluminum sleeves to match the polished and anodized look of the peg. IF I'm not mistaken,........the bushings that you speak of are bronze. I understand that IF an individual has TIME and the TOOLS to modify these parts.....chances are that most could do it. But NOT everyone is setup with a shop and tools to do this modification.  NOT everyone wishes to do this modification. READ my earlier post (breakdown of labor). IF you or anyone else wants to offer these pegs (ready to bolt-on) for less,.........GO FOR IT!! I'm NOT getting rich on this by no means.  I thought it was a great improvement to the ride of the BUSA,.........and I wish to share it with anyone interested.
Easy man. I'm just letting people know that there is a cheaper way to do it. If you feel I'm attacking you or anything, I'm not. I just feel that 90 is alot and for those that haven't been hear a long time, including yourself, it has already been done by alot of others and alot cheaper way. Nobody on here is after you or anything, so ease up on defensiveness.

P.

(Punisher @ Aug. 06 2007,18:22)
(GSX1300R-T @ Aug. 06 2007,16:56)

beerchug.gif

P
Dude,...no offense,......but I use polished aluminum sleeves to match the polished and anodized look of the peg. IF I'm not mistaken,........the bushings that you speak of are bronze. I understand that IF an individual has TIME and the TOOLS to modify these parts.....chances are that most could do it. But NOT everyone is setup with a shop and tools to do this modification.  NOT everyone wishes to do this modification. READ my earlier post (breakdown of labor). IF you or anyone else wants to offer these pegs (ready to bolt-on) for less,.........GO FOR IT!! I'm NOT getting rich on this by no means.  I thought it was a great improvement to the ride of the BUSA,.........and I wish to share it with anyone interested.
Easy man.  I'm just letting people know that there is a cheaper way to do it.  If you feel I'm attacking you or anything, I'm not.  I just feel that 90 is alot and for those that haven't been hear a long time, including yourself, it has already been done by alot of others and alot cheaper way.  Nobody on here is after you or anything, so ease up on defensiveness.

P.
Hey Man,.......it's all good. I haven't taken any comments to heart. I have 6 orders for these pegs already!! Thanks Guys!! BTW,..........."Punisher",...........you live about 2 hours from Raleigh. IF you are ever in the area on an upcoming weekend,.........email me. I'll show you some kick-ass roads up this way!!! Not as fun as the Dragon,............but still a lot of fun!!

(Over_Easy @ Aug. 06 2007,18:25) GP pegs...$50.00 a set in colors...nuff' said.
Nice Pegs,............not as low as the Buell pegs. TL1000 pegs are straight like these and cheaper. The Buell pegs are ALL about FUNCTION!!!! Nuff said!!

That's cool. You need to join up with the rest of NC guys when we have get togethers. Here's a discussion going on now.

beerchug.gif

(GSX1300R-T @ Aug. 06 2007,19:42)
Nice Pegs,............not as low as the Buell pegs. TL1000 pegs are straight like these and cheaper. The Buell pegs are ALL about FUNCTION!!!! Nuff said!!
Two reasons why the Buell pegs wouldn't work for me:

1. I wear a 13 boot and in turns they would likely hit the road surface if any lower.

2. The fitting leaves a thinner than would like piece of metal left to support all my weight...i.e. no peace of mind.

I too was a little skeptical about the Buell peg mod due to the comment above...

"The fitting leaves a thinner than would like piece of metal left to support all my weight...i.e. no peace of mind"

I did the GP peg for about $50, but the gixxer peg would be good too.

(SLA1500 @ Aug. 06 2007,20:20) I too was a little skeptical about the Buell peg mod due to the comment above...

"The fitting leaves a thinner than would like piece of metal left to support all my weight...i.e. no peace of mind"

I did the GP peg for about $50, but the gixxer peg would be good too.
A couple of years ago,.......I saw this mod and wondered about the strength of these pegs. After installing mine recently.............I strapped my bike to my car lift in my shop and had a couple of friend help support the bike while I jumped up and down on these pegs,.........one side at a time. I can't break them. Granted,........I only weigh 205 lbs. presently,..........but I'm sure that I supplied more than enough force on the pegs. Besides,..............by design,............area that is modified relies on "sheer" strength. Remember the Ford commercial where the 18 wheeler tractor is suppended by one truck bed bolt,...........that's sheer strength. I have thought to setup a peg on one arm of my car lift and hang a small block chevy by one of these Buell pegs. Good Advertising,.............huh?
rock.gif
Anyway,........hope that helps about the strength issue!!! Later Guys!!

(Over_Easy @ Aug. 06 2007,20:09)

1. I wear a 13 boot and in turns they would likely hit the road surface if any lower.

2. The fitting leaves a thinner than would like piece of metal left to support all my weight...i.e. no peace of mind.
Hey,............I commented on the strength of these pegs in the post above this one. Strength is no issue,......now 13 inch feet! WOW!!! That's a lot of foot to move around on these or any pegs!! I wear 11's,.........and drag a toe puck once in a while. Be Careful, My Brutha!!!

I've been ride'n on mine for 2 days and like em more and more. Sport'n a size 11 here. if anyone has any arthritis problems with knees/lower back or hips check these pegs out.
super.gif
just might make the difference between a good ride and a great ride

(rockadaous @ Aug. 07 2007,06:00) I've been ride'n on mine for 2 days and like em more and more.  Sport'n a size 11 here.  if anyone has any arthritis problems with knees/lower back or hips check these pegs out.  
super.gif
  just might make the difference between a good ride and a great ride
Hey Man,..........YOU are 100% correct! Best mod EVER for a better ride! WE need to hook up and do a 600 miler one day to "break in" these pegs!!
eek2.gif

(GSX1300R-T @ Aug. 07 2007,07:38)

Hey,............I commented on the strength of these pegs in the post above this one. Strength is no issue,......now 13 inch feet! WOW!!! That's a lot of foot to move around on these or any pegs!! I wear 11's,.........and drag a toe puck once in a while. Be Careful, My Brutha!!!
I scraped a toe a couple of times, then got in the habit of getting the ball of my foot on the peg and pigeon-toeing it any time I head into a twisty section. Still scrapes a toe slider once in a while, but that's what they're for.
smile.gif

(Shibumi @ Aug. 07 2007,07:21)
(GSX1300R-T @ Aug. 07 2007,07:38)

I scraped a toe a couple of times, then got in the habit of getting the ball of my foot on the peg and pigeon-toeing it any time I head into a twisty section. Still scrapes a toe slider once in a while, but that's what they're for.  
smile.gif
ALL this talk about toe-dragging makes me wanna ride!!!!!! Curious?? Measure the "chicken strips" on the edge of your rear tire,..........and let us know!! Thanks for the positive comments!!

(Dubs @ Aug. 06 2007,17:18) IMO if someone wants to offer something at ANY price and someone else weighs it up and says "yeh thats right for me"

Then so be it

I am not a handy person and if there was someone here in Australia who did it I myself would pay for it in a heartbeat - but thats me.

Mine cost me USD$42 just to buy local and then 4hrs riding around to source the spacers to fit and then 2 hrs to grind (again I am by no means a handyman).

2c

Dubs
Been out of touch, sorry. I wasn't trying to pass judgement on the sale, just question it. I use this forum as a valuable resource. What helps define that "value" is to trust that most of the time other board members will point me into the right direction. I'm not saying this isn't a god deal, just wanted a little more detail. As members we should always try to "educate" the viewers so that an "informed" decision can be made. I'm sure the members who have ordered will be pleased, I'm also sure that the members that went the alternative route are just as pleased. Just my .02.

(SnapAttack @ Aug. 07 2007,12:29)
(Dubs @ Aug. 06 2007,17:18) IMO if someone wants to offer something at ANY price and someone else weighs it up and says "yeh thats right for me"

Then so be it

2c

Dubs
Been out of touch, sorry. I wasn't trying to pass judgement on the sale, just question it. I use this forum as a valuable resource. What helps define that "value" is to trust that most of the time other board members will point me into the right direction. I'm not saying this isn't a god deal, just wanted a little more detail. As members we should always try to "educate" the viewers so that an "informed" decision can be made. I'm sure the members who have ordered will be pleased, I'm also sure that the members that went the alternative route are just as pleased. Just my .02.
As I mentioned to a member in an earlier post,........It's all good. I'm happy to answer questions concerning these pegs. Keeping in mind,.............I'm simply offering my services of labor to anyone interested. I didn't design or produce the pegs,........Buell did. I'm simply giving people a choice of laboring through this task of modification or allowing me to do all the "leg walk". I've seen MANY, MANY custom and aftermarket parts listed on many of the bikes on this site. Most of which,...........change the appearence of the bike. This is a mod which offers something that a person can feel immediately,...............and say "Man,........that was money well spent". EVERY mod or add-on that I've done to my bike was done for FUNCTION ONLY!! Whether it was to increase horsepower or better the overall ride,............I do it for function in mind!!

Back