Buell Pegs ROCK

GSX1300R-T

Members For Members
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone interested in getting their knees down out of the air,.........the Buell pegs are the ticket. I polished all areas that I had to modify,......and I made aluminum sleeves to fit the Busa peg pin. (Polished the sleeves too) If anyone wants a set modified and ready to bolt-on,..........email me at jotam2006@yahoo.com  Without a doubt,.........the best mod for the legs and knees.

buellpeg.JPG

Do you have a pic with you in riding postition?
Does it change how you sit on the seat, more pressure on the tail bone?
How much to you have into it for cost?
beerchug.gif

(upsslave @ Aug. 04 2007,22:22) Looks great. Is the lower peg effect the shifting at all?
Yes, you have to adjust position of both shifter and rear brake pedal. No big deal.

(Shibumi @ Aug. 05 2007,15:00)
(upsslave @ Aug. 04 2007,22:22) Looks great. Is the lower peg effect the shifting at all?
Yes, you have to adjust position of both shifter and rear brake pedal. No big deal.
Be sure to get your shift linkage snug after doing so. Mine was lowered to the point where there were not many threads left to tighten up the lock nut and it loosened up on me in traffic. I wound up making a 10mm box end into a modified open end to tighten it up sufficiently. No problems since!
AAAssjani.gif

just received mine saturday.  thanks Hans
beerchug.gif
I'm interested in the sleeves. what part of N.C. are you in?

I'm very interested as well, and would like to see what you had to do to prepare these to bolt on.  I'll be sending a PM.  Looks good, too.  This does seem to be the most comfortable  and cost effective option.  I did see a reference to another possible bolt-on solution from a different Suzuki bike, but no confirmation.  Since my old bones are more than ready for this type of mod, I'm ready to do something.  Anyone have any ideas on options to make the rear pegs match?  Thanks

(In10SS @ Aug. 05 2007,16:43) I'm very interested as well, and would like to see what you had to do to prepare these to bolt on.  I'll be sending a PM.  Looks good, too.  This does seem to be the most comfortable  and cost effective option.  I did see a reference to another possible bolt-on solution from a different Suzuki bike, but no confirmation.  Since my old bones are more than ready for this type of mod, I'm ready to do something.  Anyone have any ideas on options to make the rear pegs match?  Thanks
Thanks Guys,........for all the responses to this post. I'll answer several questions on this post now. The rear brake lever and shift lever need to be adjusted. Both can be done in minutes. This entire installation with adjustments of the two levers can be done in 30 minutes or less!! I fit each set that I modify so each can be installed upon purchase. I am selling the sets for $99 plus shipping. Before installing these pegs,........I had knee aches on long rides,.............NOT anymore. Recently did a 500 mile ride in one day. I had NO knee aches. These pegs drop your feet about 2 full inches. The ground clearance in NO LESS than the Busa peg with feeler still installed. Thanks again, Guys!!

just curious why $99
the pegs are $25
the bushings are $8
that leaves $66 for shipping/grinding & polishing.  seems a lil steep  
wow.gif

(rockadaous @ Aug. 06 2007,08:17) just curious why $99
the pegs are $25
the bushings are $8
wow.gif
He must have left out the donation to the board for each set sold...
rock.gif

(SnapAttack @ Aug. 06 2007,11:41)
the pegs are $25
the bushings are $8
wow.gif
He must have left out the donation to the board for each set sold...  
rock.gif
could be. Just didn't add up for me. Not try'n to call anyone out or hinder sales.

I tried these on my busa but found I could not adjust the brake pedal down enough to make them work. The shifter was no problem, but with the brake all the way down I still had to lift my foot off the peg to apply the rear brake.

the pegs are $25
the bushings are $8
wow.gif
$99 is a reasonable price for everything involved.

$29 for the pegs (cheapest dealer in my area)
$10 for the bushings (each set is handmade)

$60 for 1 hour labor to machine/polish both pegs, TIME and GAS ($2.75 a gallon now) to pick up the parts from a dealer, TIRE and GAS to package and ship from a UPS center. And TIME to communicate via email to each customer about tracking and deliver.

SO,......if anyone can pick them up at my shop,........I'll charge $79. BUT as you can see,..........$60 for approximately 2 hours of time,............that's $30 per hour.

A FAIR PRICE with everything involved. Those who have modified this pegs would probably tell you the same.

(GSX1300R-T @ Aug. 06 2007,14:23)
the pegs are $25
the bushings are $8
wow.gif
$99 is a reasonable price for everything involved.

$29  for the pegs (cheapest dealer in my area)
$10 for the bushings (each set is handmade)

$60 for 1 hour labor to machine/polish both pegs, TIME and GAS ($2.75 a gallon now) to pick up the parts from a dealer, TIRE and GAS to package and ship from a UPS center. And TIME to communicate via email to each customer about tracking and deliver.

SO,......if anyone can pick them up at my shop,........I'll charge $79. BUT as you can see,..........$60 for approximately 2 hours of time,............that's $30 per hour.

A FAIR PRICE with everything involved. Those who have modified this pegs would probably tell you the same.
cool. thanks for the break down. that clears it up

Dude, no offense but that is alot of money for something that will cost you no more than about 30 bucks. Here is a post on how to do it yourself. Just thought you should know there is no need to machine "special bushings" and spend all that time. You can get all the stuff from

Buell Dealership: 20-25 bucks for the pegs.
Autozone: The Motormite GM door bushings $8.00
And grind the pegs yourself.

beerchug.gif

P

Back