Brock's CT Single/Dual v Akrapovic full system

My bad. Misread your past. I can't read the writing on the akra one. Thought you said 185 not 188.5. But the ct graph shows 198. That's a pretty tall claim unless its on mr9
Posted via Mobile Device

Heres a link until its up on youtube to search
- 2008 Hayabusa stock & full brocks ct dual exhaust[/url]
Very interesting. Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Here are the numbers as I saw them, for tickover, 4K and 6K.

Stock - 98, 106.4, 117.1
Dual CT - 108.4, 122.3, 124.6

So louder than stock but the biggest difference is at 4K with the CT not getting much louder after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad. Misread your past. I can't read the writing on the akra one. Thought you said 185 not 188.5. But the ct graph shows 198. That's a pretty tall claim unless its on mr9
Posted via Mobile Device

Completely different types of dynos so they aren't comparable graphs. Those are 89 octane pump gas numbers (says on the bottom of the Brock's graphs). I'd say they are spot on based on my results... :beerchug:

Very interesting. Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Here are the numbers as I saw them, for tickover, 4K and 6K.

Stock - 98, 106.4, 117.1
Dual CT - 108.4, 122.3, 124.6

So louder than stock but the biggest difference is at 4K with the CT not getting much louder after that.

Yeah, Thats about what I saw as well. I did however make a mistake using the dB reader. I set the dB reader to dB C instead of dB A which is used more to represent the human ear. dB C is still an o.k setting, but towards the top of a loud sound, it becomes linear. This means the 124.6 will actually be a bit louder then what it read. Not a huge difference, but still some.

Yeah, Thats about what I saw as well. I did however make a mistake using the dB reader. I set the dB reader to dB C instead of dB A which is used more to represent the human ear. dB C is still an o.k setting, but towards the top of a loud sound, it becomes linear. This means the 124.6 will actually be a bit louder then what it read. Not a huge difference, but still some.

Ben....what's up w/ your CT system? Have you had it installed yet? Pics?

There's no way there is a 13hp diff.
Posted via Mobile Device

You beat me to it! Something smells funny about that comparison? Actually, I've never seen 13 ponies out of any exhaust system alone? ???

Ben....what's up w/ your CT system? Have you had it installed yet? Pics?

You missed the link above. Sound is amazing! Took me about 7 hours to finish the job. Taking of the fairings for the first time took the longest.

You missed the link above. Sound is amazing! Took me about 7 hours to finish the job. Taking of the fairings for the first time took the longest.

Awww...very cool! Nice! I know you must be stoked. :agree:

Nice vids :thumbsup:

I'm interested in your comments regarding where each exhaust makes its power. I'm not a drag racer. I like twisty mountain roads. Therefore mid-range grunt is important. Are you saying the Akra is superior to the Brock's in this area?

Thanks Bro..:beerchug:

Head to head the Akra is better specially in mid range, my friend got an identical bike to mine and almost same weight and man the mid range on the Akrapovic is really good specially on roll-ons, head to head his bike is faster, i did a lot of work on my bike after that and now my bike wheels all the way to the 3rd:cheerleader: but i have some serious respect for the Akrapovic. If you are into pure performance go for the Akrapovic but if you want Looks + sound its Brocks (still you get a lot of power but you gotta work into getting there). Let me know how it goes

Last edited:
You beat me to it! Something smells funny about that comparison? Actually, I've never seen 13 ponies out of any exhaust system alone? ???

They are different dynos, bikes, operators, etc. etc.., there could be even more variance than that...

Wow, those CT's are Surprisingly sweet looking. But I gotta have a 4-1. Brock's seems to be a leader with Busa exhausts. I'm pretty stoked on the Yosh r55, but you're making my decision tougher.
Thanks for these posts guys....really! Great information!
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, those CT's are Surprisingly sweet looking. But I gotta have a 4-1. Brock's seems to be a leader with Busa exhausts. I'm pretty stoked on the Yosh r55, but you're making my decision tougher.
Thanks for these posts guys....really! Great information!
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm glad he made the CT's in a single, might have to get one if I stay N/A... :laugh:

Brocks CT exhaust dyno chart
08Busa_CTvsAH_800.jpg

Akropovic full race exhaust dyno chart. 188.5 HP
08HAYABUSARACESINGLEDYNO.jpg

I'm new to the Hayabusa boards but I tune cars for a living. Unless the tests were done same day/ same dyno don't even consider comparing them The Brocks graph is STD and is correcting 3% so it made 192.8/109.4 roughly that day. Still very impressive but remember every vendor is trying to sell there product. I plan to buy a Brocks CT if I don't go turbo so I'm not bashing them at all.

Guys,

Thanks for the kind words about our CT systems... we have been working very hard on them. :thumbsup:

I am not certain why fadiizzaldin is having his problem? I can assure you he is the ONLY one that I have worked with that can make these claims versus our competition… I only wish I could send him some of our fuel system cleanser, but it cannot be shipped via air because it is considered hazardous: http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/brockracing/-strse-2832/Fuel-System-Treatment/Detail Our exhaust system simply cannot work properly if the engine cannot produce its maximum power-- this cannot happen if the injectors are not properly atomizing the fuel. There should simply be no “workâ€￾ involved. I believe anyone else who has one of our systems can attest to this for me.

As far as midrange power, if you Facebook please check this: Brock Davidson | Facebook

If you do not Facebook, please check this: Brock's, BST Win at WERA Opener | Road Racer X

I would say it would be very difficult to WIN our first attempt at a WERA national event in road racing if we did not know how to make midrange power! Naturally, different bikes—but we design our systems the same; if I want more midrange, I add a tooth to the rear and let the engine make as much PEAK POWER as I know how to make!

As far as power... WE EXPECT an honest 11-13 HP gain by simply bolting on the system to a Gen 2 Busa with no other changes. No kidding. Our mapping doesn't really even help the peak power, but it certainly helps drivability and acceleration so you end up with a more enjoyable and faster bike.

As far as the CT series for the Gen 1 Busa…YES!

They are now available: </title></head><body><html><head><meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 6.0"><meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><title>

(SO NEW that we had to fudge the photo…shhhhh!!)

Brock

Brock's Performance Products

Guys,

Thanks for the kind words about our CT systems... we have been working very hard on them. :thumbsup:

I am not certain why fadiizzaldin is having his problem? I can assure you he is the ONLY one that I have worked with that can make these claims versus our competition… I only wish I could send him some of our fuel system cleanser, but it cannot be shipped via air because it is considered hazardous: http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/brockracing/-strse-2832/Fuel-System-Treatment/Detail Our exhaust system simply cannot work properly if the engine cannot produce its maximum power-- this cannot happen if the injectors are not properly atomizing the fuel. There should simply be no “workâ€￾ involved. I believe anyone else who has one of our systems can attest to this for me.

As far as midrange power, if you Facebook please check this: Brock Davidson | Facebook

If you do not Facebook, please check this: Brock's, BST Win at WERA Opener | Road Racer X

I would say it would be very difficult to WIN our first attempt at a WERA national event in road racing if we did not know how to make midrange power! Naturally, different bikes—but we design our systems the same; if I want more midrange, I add a tooth to the rear and let the engine make as much PEAK POWER as I know how to make!

As far as power... WE EXPECT an honest 11-13 HP gain by simply bolting on the system to a Gen 2 Busa with no other changes. No kidding. Our mapping doesn't really even help the peak power, but it certainly helps drivability and acceleration so you end up with a more enjoyable and faster bike.

They are now available: </title></head><body><html><head><meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 6.0"><meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><title>

Brock

I want it I want it I want it I want it i want it.
Looks like I have to start working overtime so I can get that system.

Did I mention that i want that system? :beerchug:

How does the Titanium do with ceramic coating?

Guys,

I got in on this kinda late, I have a couple questions. One, how much is the 4-2-1 system for the GEN 2?

Also, do you keep your 02 sensor or do you need a fuel management system to run this exhaust?

Thanks,

it's possible depending on the system,I see 10 hp on average with just about every gen 1 without even adding any fuel,then add fuel and see a few more,and I know my dyno reads correct..

i had a stock canadian gen 1 make 164 back to back before I ever touched it straight from dealer...anything is possible..

Guys,

I am not certain why fadiizzaldin is having his problem? I can assure you he is the ONLY one that I have worked with that can make these claims versus our competition… I only wish I could send him some of our fuel system cleanser, but it cannot be shipped via air because it is considered hazardous: http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/brockracing/-strse-2832/Fuel-System-Treatment/Detail Our exhaust system simply cannot work properly if the engine cannot produce its maximum power-- this cannot happen if the injectors are not properly atomizing the fuel. There should simply be no “work” involved. I believe anyone else who has one of our systems can attest to this for me.

Brock

Hi Brock,

I hope its all well, I'm not saying that i'm not happy with your system and i would buy it again in a heart beat. I cleaned the fuel system (professionally) and made sure eveything is running 100%, I also checked the throttle position sensor (got the instructions from your website) but still was my friends bike pulls harder in the mid range specially with a bit of load (as you mentioned to me due to the large header pipe of the CT system).

Of course i followed your advice by installing short stacks and re-tuned it by using auto tune, the map you sent me was running rich and i'm not sure why (could be the fuel over here) but after working a lot on the map i got really good results. I also flashed the bike and changed the plugs to Denso Iridium Racing, I can assure you, now my Busa is one of the fastest in town (it wheelees in 3rd and i just ran my bike against the new BMW S1000RR,,, guess what the result was :laugh: :cheerleader:).

The quistion asked was related to over-all performance, not only top end as the case with 1/4 mile runs or drags and i find the Akrapovic is very well designed for that (specially of the shelf - apples to apples) it gives great wide range of power, but still your system looks, sounds 100 times better and gives better performance (towards the last third of the RPM range), not forgeting the outstanding costumer service of Brocks.

Last edited:
Back