Brocks comparison

04LE

Registered
I’m so confused with all the different brocks systems. What’s the differences between them.

Ones I’m looking at:
CT Single Full System
CT Megaphone Full System
Alien Head
Gen 3
Gen 4
Short Meg
Street Meg

Other then the material that’s stated on Brocks website I really don’t know what each system does over the other. I don’t know what the difference between the CT single and a CT megaphone. What’s better about the gen 4 then the gen 3. What’s differences between the Alien Head, Short Meg and the Street Meg.

Mostly I’m setting the bike up to be a street rider. I would like to get some track days in and a few runs down the strip after I get the proper safety equipment.

Sound really doesn’t bother me. I don’t mind loud but as long as if I need to be quiet it can be.

I did not list the sidewinder because of the ground clearance.

i have the gen 4 street meg. love it. kinda loud, but not as loud as the short meg or alienhead. the street meg is a full megaphone. the short meg is about half as long and the alienhead is a different shaped very short muffler that comes out right past the footpeg. i think the alienhead give best performance, but i sill love the sound and look of my streetmeg. i just wish i would have gotten it in black.

Does brocks make the sidewinder and does it make the same power as the alien head?
Posted via Mobile Device

I’m so confused with all the different brocks systems. What’s the differences between them.

Ones I’m looking at:
CT Single Full System
CT Megaphone Full System
Alien Head
Gen 3
Gen 4
Short Meg
Street Meg

Other then the material that’s stated on Brocks website I really don’t know what each system does over the other. I don’t know what the difference between the CT single and a CT megaphone. What’s better about the gen 4 then the gen 3. What’s differences between the Alien Head, Short Meg and the Street Meg.

Mostly I’m setting the bike up to be a street rider. I would like to get some track days in and a few runs down the strip after I get the proper safety equipment.

Sound really doesn’t bother me. I don’t mind loud but as long as if I need to be quiet it can be.

I did not list the sidewinder because of the ground clearance.

The Gen 3 looks somewhat yosh and is the quietest exhaust they make. The Gen 4 is the same as the Gen 3 except it's shaped like the alienhead.

The alienhead and short megs are the same except in shape. The alienhead shape allows a little better clearance for cornering. The street meg is just a longer version, probably weighs a little more than the short version.

The CTs are great looking and more quiet than the megaphones, made of different materials.

You can order the Brocks plate to color match your ride. Not many people know that.

Brock's is strictly a performance oriented pipe.

The Gen 3 looks somewhat yosh and is the quietest exhaust they make. The Gen 4 is the same as the Gen 3 except it's shaped like the alienhead.

The alienhead and short megs are the same except in shape. The alienhead shape allows a little better clearance for cornering. The street meg is just a longer version, probably weighs a little more than the short version.

The CTs are great looking and more quiet than the megaphones, made of different materials.

You can order the Brocks plate to color match your ride. Not many people know that.

Brock's is strictly a performance oriented pipe.

When you say the gen 4 is shaped like the alienhead what do you mean? On the website it looks almost identical to the gen 3.

The gen 3 and 4 look like the old hindle system I had on my 06. And i know that brock bought hindle or just makes them now.

Is there a dyno chart comparing all of the systems same bike and same dyno just exhaust switched out?

I'm surprised there's not more responses on this thread. I'm currently looking and this would be good info.

I love my Brocks CT,, SSB did a comparison with other pipes, no maps, just install and dyno numbers.

Just do a google search " Exhaust System Shootout"... I thought it was a decent article.. But keep in mind it is a 'bling bike' magazine..

Back