Brock's Single CT or Dual CT? Which one?

ddd269

Registered
I originally wanted to get the full AH system but I changed my mind and now want to get the CT series. The question is, which one... single or dual. As far as price goes, it's a lot cheaper :rofl: to get the dual from the beginning so that's a no brainer when it comes to economic sense.

My real question is; how's the sound? Being dual, I've heard it's deeper sounding than a single. Lane splitting is a fact of life here and a necessity so I like to make clear to others that I'm coming their way.

I do like a higher pitched sound than burble... but the duals beats the single in the looks department for me.

Any input guys? Thanks!

Either one you choose will be good!:thumbsup: The duals are deeper in tone! The single higher in pitch like you already know!:beerchug: I think after seeing and hearing 02spools bike at the bash... you will like the duals! They give the bike a balanced look like stock. I am runing the R77 single full system. The brocks wasnt out when I considered this pipe. I am happy with mine... It is a shame yoshi didnt do a dual R77 full system..... Good luck on your choice!

I post info received when consulting Brocks staff:

The CT-D weighs about 9lbs. we have 4 left, we are out of stock of the CT-S and CT-M so I don’t have them to weigh.

The CT-D made 1 more HP on the ZX-14, go here for dyno chart: http://www.brocksperformance.com/dyno_charts/ZX14 CT SERIES/ZX-1406_CTS_vs_CTD_800.jpg

The dual will be a little quieter but still has a deep tone, sounds very good I think the best of them all.

Your drivability will suffer, will not be as smooth and will not perform as well but will not hurt unless bike runs lean. You will have to get an O2 sensor block off plug to plug in when you remove the stock O2 sensor, the jumper plug comes with the power commander but to purchase separate they are $25.55. This plug will stop the FI light from coming on when removing stock O2 sensor.

I post info received from my good friend Faddi, member of the Org. and expert on this topic:

Hi Milton,

...the power is great from the CT its louder than Yoshimura but much nicer and its ok on the long rides. did you see these links?

- Hayabusa Brocks CT Series Dual Exhaust[/url]

- Hayabusa Brocks CT Series Dual Exhaust Sound[/url]

- Hayabusa Brocks CT Series Dual Exhaust Sound[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Does exists an exhaust more sexy than this? :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

My boy have the 09 busa with the duals and have $10k in motor work. (Heads, Pistons and Cams done) He said it's a waste of money to get the duals if you don't have motor work done... You'll lose hp...he told me to get the single if i keep the engine stock with bolt on mods like (pcv, air filter, tre and etc).....is this true?

Keep in mind my boy been riding for 25 years and been riding the busa since they came out in 1999.....

Last edited:
He sounds like he knows less than the engineers at brocks.

Sent from my Devour using Tapatalk

I'd go with the Single Mount, the 4-1 Header is where its at.
Posted via Mobile Device

i wanted the single, but i hear the sound is better with the dual. and it looks more even.

My boy have the 09 busa with the duals and have $10k in motor work. (Heads, Pistons and Cams done) He said it's a waste of money to get the duals if you don't have motor work done... You'll lose hp...he told me to get the single if i keep the engine stock with bolt on mods like (pcv, air filter, tre and etc).....is this true?

Keep in mind my boy been riding for 25 years and been riding the busa since they came out in 1999.....

Is the power loss—if any—from having less back pressure on the duals than the single?

Got me even more confused now.:laugh:

it all depends on how well the exhaust scavenges the exhaust pulses.

I went with the duals cause I loved the way they look. The sounds is amazing as well. Can't say anything about the single because i've never seen them on a bike yet.

If your riding your bike around on the streets and not racing it at a track then I wouldn't really worry about back pressure, weight, ect.. cause your not really going to notice it anyways.

I have the duals, and they are great, sound great, look great. I just do street riding, and they have never gotten too loud to cause fatigue on long rides.

I had to fortune to run across someone with a single set up not too long ago, and I think the sound from the duals is not only deeper, but a little richer as well, but both sound great and it is really just a matter of personal preference at the end of the day.

my boy have the 09 busa with the duals and have $10k in motor work. (heads, pistons and cams done) he said it's a waste of money to get the duals if you don't have motor work done... You'll lose hp...he told me to get the single if i keep the engine stock with bolt on mods like (pcv, air filter, tre and etc).....is this true?

My boy and I went riding this weekend.. I jumped out first getting up to 180ish...I seen him coming in my mirror.. We neck to neck for 5 seconds...I thought I had his ass from all that motor work SH*T he was talking. I guess he was playing around with me cause he pulled away from me soooo hard like I was at a stand still. And kept pulling!! His tail light was getting smaller and smaller!! I was like wow!! That's F**Kin crazy!! ....He slowed down and I finally caught up to him.. We hit the rest stop.. First thing he said " now you believe me... Get some motor work!"......I couldn't say anything lol.. I just walked away and went inside McDonald's and order a number two... And he laugh at me while I walked away saying "And tell your buddies on hayabusa.org message board too....lol

Last edited:
My boy and I went riding this weekend.. I jumped out first getting up to 180ish...I seen him coming in my mirror.. We neck to neck for 5 seconds...I thought I had his ass from all that motor work SH*T he was talking. I guess he was playing around with me cause he pulled away from me soooo hard like I was at a stand still. And kept pulling!! His tail light was getting smaller and smaller!! I was like wow!! That's F**Kin crazy!! ....He slowed down and I finally caught up to him.. We hit the rest stop.. First thing he said " now you believe me... Get some motor work!"......I couldn't say anything lol.. I just walked away and went inside McDonald's and order a number two... And he laugh at me while I walked away saying "And tell your buddies on hayabusa.org message board too....lol

He better be pulling away if he's got $10k in the motor... ???

Back