Akrapovic 4-2-1-2 exhaust

RX1Jim

Registered
Anyone have an Akrapovic 4-2-1-2 exhaust on their Gen II busa?? I wanted a TiForce system but they are no longer available. I have heard the Akrapovic system is high quality and known to fit well without having to modify the body panels. I have a TiForce 4-2-1 system on my 00 Gen1, had to make spacers for the body panels to get the system to fit right. I found a few places that claim to stock the 4-2-1-2 Akra system, much more money than the TiForce system. I am thinking of getting the carbon fiber cans, should be a nice match to my balck 09 GenII.

Thanks for the help!!

Jim

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
I had them on my gen2.
Fit, finish, and quality were excellent.
I had no problems or complaints.

MoNoxide has them on his gen2, and Squale147 did also.
You can PM them for their opinions as well.

RX1Jim

Registered
Thanks for the responses!!!

What company did you buy your Akrapovic exhaust from? I found 3 places who state on their website they stock them but I would much rather spend my money with sponsors of this site.

Thanks!!

Jim

MoNoXiDe

Registered
The best place i found. Thanks to Six, Motomummy.com cheaper then anyone else. Great customer service too.

Labow

Registered
I just bought one from a member off the site and am waiting for it to arrive here in Australia. I only paid $US1,200 for a brand new full system with CF cans. I'm very excited about it as I've also read heaps of fantastic reviews. I should have it installed by the end of the week and should be able to let you know how it goes. Not sure if I have to get some Fuel/Air measures and tuning done when I get the new pipes. Someone might be able to comment on that and let me know. I don't think you can buy a better made exhaust system for the Gen 2 Busa. I'm sure you'll love it.

MoNoXiDe

Registered
I just bought one from a member off the site and am waiting for it to arrive here in Australia. I only paid $US1,200 for a brand new full system with CF cans. I'm very excited about it as I've also read heaps of fantastic reviews. I should have it installed by the end of the week and should be able to let you know how it goes. Not sure if I have to get some Fuel/Air measures and tuning done when I get the new pipes. Someone might be able to comment on that and let me know. I don't think you can buy a better made exhaust system for the Gen 2 Busa. I'm sure you'll love it.
The only thing i had to do was the marble mod. "to stop back firing"

rubbersidedown

BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Those Akra's look super tuff,especially on a black Busa.

I'm loving my Vance&Hines. I just need the header and then will probably never switch. Ya right. 5th or 6th Busa system. :laugh:

RSD.

maddog360

Registered
Love that system with dual mufflers!!! I had a hard time deciding which way to go, but I landed on the 4-1 Akrapovic. I still sometimes wish I had gone with the duals.

RX1Jim

Registered
Thanks guys for all the responses. I am going to make a few calls on Friday to find out which supplier has a Akra 4-2-1-2 exhaust in stock then order it. Once I get the exhaust on the bike with a power commander, new air filter, and crankcase vent system mod done, the bike is going to Power House Cycles for a dyno tune.

It is too bad TiForce is out of business, they made a great product at a good price. I have a 4-2-1 full system on my Gen1. The quality is very good, impressive welds.

Thanks!

Jim

squale147

Registered
Thanks guys for all the responses. I am going to make a few calls on Friday to find out which supplier has a Akra 4-2-1-2 exhaust in stock then order it. Once I get the exhaust on the bike with a power commander, new air filter, and crankcase vent system mod done, the bike is going to Power House Cycles for a dyno tune.

It is too bad TiForce is out of business, they made a great product at a good price. I have a 4-2-1 full system on my Gen1. The quality is very good, impressive welds.

Thanks!

Jim
i agree...i loved the duel ti-force

Bad Teddy

Registered
Shame about TiForce. MUCH prefer their sound to the Akra. Hope they show up again whenever the Gen III is born (come onnnn 2014!).

smac

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone have an Akrapovic 4-2-1-2 exhaust on their Gen II busa?? I wanted a TiForce system but they are no longer available. I have heard the Akrapovic system is high quality and known to fit well without having to modify the body panels. I have a TiForce 4-2-1 system on my 00 Gen1, had to make spacers for the body panels to get the system to fit right. I found a few places that claim to stock the 4-2-1-2 Akra system, much more money than the TiForce system. I am thinking of getting the carbon fiber cans, should be a nice match to my balck 09 GenII.

Thanks for the help!!

Jim
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

RIMG0039.jpg

RIMG0040.jpg

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1300alaska