Brock's CT Single/Dual v Akrapovic full system

Maximus Brutus

Registered
First thing I'll do when I get my '10 in April is change the exhaust. On my Gen I had a full Akra system and was pretty happy with it. 8 years on the Akra system is a little different for the Gen II but still looks and performs well, according to owners. It's not too loud at 97.7 db/4750rpm (stock is 91 at same rpm) and it weighs just 5.56KG (stock 21.53KG).

So I was fairly settled on the Akra. Then I saw the Brock's CT system here :thumbsup:

The CT looks superb and the dual system is strangely appealing too. Right now I'm not sure which I prefer. I'd really love to know how much the single and dual CT system weighs and also how loud they are, especially compared to the Akra. Swiss cops tolerate louder than stock bikes but screamers get booked regularly for excessive noise.

Any info gratefully received :)

If you can wait a week, I can compair the stock exhaust to the CT exhaust for you. I've video taped the stock exhaust with the db reader, and now i've just been waiting for the snow to stop to take the reading on the CT exhaust.

The CT exhaust is amazing. It has a low rumble to it that will put a smile on anyone. I found my extra windshield falling off the shelf with the rumble of the exhaust the other day. Couldn't of been happier!

Both excellent top of the line systems so you're not making a bad decision going w/ either. The Brocks is a full Titanium system while the Akrapovic is SS I believe and utilizes their HYDROFORMING technology.

My guess is the Brocks is bound to be a couple db's louder...not off the scale though.

O8 busa shots 001.jpg Sure like mine....Good Luck

O8 busa shots 001.jpg

Both excellent top of the line systems so you're not making a bad decision going w/ either. The Brocks is a full Titanium system while the Akrapovic is SS I believe and utilizes their HYDROFORMING technology.

My guess is the Brocks is bound to be a couple db's louder...not off the scale though.

Akra can be had in ti. I thinks itys gonna be more since the ct price drop. Between the two I'd get the lowmount ct.
Posted via Mobile Device

First thing I'll do when I get my '10 in April is change the exhaust. On my Gen I had a full Akra system and was pretty happy with it. 8 years on the Akra system is a little different for the Gen II but still looks and performs well, according to owners. It's not too loud at 97.7 db/4750rpm (stock is 91 at same rpm) and it weighs just 5.56KG (stock 21.53KG).

So I was fairly settled on the Akra. Then I saw the Brock's CT system here :thumbsup:

The CT looks superb and the dual system is strangely appealing too. Right now I'm not sure which I prefer. I'd really love to know how much the single and dual CT system weighs and also how loud they are, especially compared to the Akra. Swiss cops tolerate louder than stock bikes but screamers get booked regularly for excessive noise.

Any info gratefully received :)

Really depends on what you want ,,, if you want the looks and sound then go for Brocks but if you want useble power with a lower sound (still higher than stock) then go for the Akra,,, i have Brocks dual and i love it, the only thing power range is higher in the reves and with a bit of load on the bike the Akra is better, i worked a lot to get the right tune for my bike as the Brocks map was too rich for the fuel in my country. Sound is 100 times better using Brocks, and the system is very light (all TI) ALso I prefere the look, but it all boils down to what you want....

check those out:

- Hayabusa Brocks CT Series Dual Exhaust Sound[/url]

- Hayabusa Brocks CT Series Dual Exhaust[/url]

DSC05005.jpg

DSC04896 s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really depends on what you want ,,, if you want the looks and sound then go for Brocks but if you want useble power with a lower sound (still higher than stock) then go for the Akra,,, i have Brocks dual and i love it, the only thing power range is higher in the reves and with a bit of load on the bike the Akra is better, i worked a lot to get the right tune for my bike as the Brocks map was too rich for the fuel in my country. Sound is 100 times better using Brocks, and the system is very light (all TI) ALso I prefere the look, but it all boils down to what you want....

check those out:

- Hayabusa Brocks CT Series Dual Exhaust[/url]

Nice vids :thumbsup:

I'm interested in your comments regarding where each exhaust makes its power. I'm not a drag racer. I like twisty mountain roads. Therefore mid-range grunt is important. Are you saying the Akra is superior to the Brock's in this area?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im really sold on brock. I got the alien head and god its great. With the full exhaust pc3 with the street map and airbox mod I am putting out about 172 to 175 maybe. I think its the best.:thumbsup:

Back