Brembo rcs clutch switch

I Believe Fallenarch bought this one from me
Hadn't seen these when I was searching, good neat idea. Cheers Dion.

G'day, new to the site. Been having a look here and there and thought I'd register, I'm in Australia and have a 2019 Busa. First Busa and love it. (Litre sport bikes but my wife enjoys as well so the Busa seemed a good idea and not the compromise I first expected on a winding road!)
The thread caught my eye as I've fitted an RCS 19 and 16 to my bike. No reservoir / lever clearance issues. View attachment 1618439 The radial mc upgrade is the best mod to date for me, super happy with it. Now 2 finger hard braking with feel and power solo or 2 up. I live in a rural area close to mountains and the sea and rarely have to go on straight roads.

Hope this might help some of you out, Brembo can supply a 'normal' contact clutch switch on their cable operated lever / perch assembly for Gsxr's etc. But they don't do the contact switch for the RCS clutch mc but instead only supply their hydraulic switch as for the brake mc.
I fitted both with a few minor mods (if you machine out the handle bar clamp bolt locating grooves by 3.5mm towards inner end of bar you gain enough clearance to angle the mc's down for the full range /angle adjustment, bar is now clamped 3.5mm outward) . I've read a few threads with people having that issue where the mc fouls on the bar clamp. Also I mounted the reservoir tab under the bracket, no clearance issue on lock to lock,
View attachment 1618440
Once fitted, ridden for a few months no problem then started throwing the odd C40 code (ISC and / or clutch circuit), stop bike, fault cleared each time off I go normal again. Was out riding in the wet and the bike threw the C40 code and cut out on a wet roundabout going at walking pace in traffic and did the same again slipping the clutch turning on some gravel roadworks. Same again turn off, start runs as normal no fault. Checked the hydraulic switch, closing circuit no prob. Tried a second switch same issue, 99.9% of the time normal then ride through a town/traffic C40 up. Check circuits again all normal, I ended up speaking to Phil at Phil Tainton Racing (PTR long Suzuki race history here). Phil suggested check where in the lever stroke the switch closed the circuit and guaranteed it was activating to early as he'd seen this before. It was right in the start of stroke. Therefor the ECU registers that clutch is fully disengaged, it should switch to the idle contol map (governing idle speed/ignition advance for neutral or if stationary with clutch in) but because the ABS sensors are registering wheel speed and the TPS is sending a signal that the throttle is part open - conflicting scenario so C40 ISC fault is generated and in my case fuel cut out twice. I fitted a temporary 'momentary on' switch to the left switch block to confirm the cause and be able to start the bike but you wont have the idle map available. In hindsight it all made perfect sense so I bought some water proof 'momentary on' switches and drew up some switch bracket ideas and had them laser cut from 1.0mm stainless sheet to have a play with, I didn't want any of it to be really visible when fitted. Cost $35 for 6 switches and 4 sets of brackets.View attachment 1618443
View attachment 1618441

View attachment 1618442
Made the bracket to mount under the mc off the leaver pivot bolt with the 'push' arm off the lever bolt.
Made a couple of terminal adapters so I could use the original wiring and terminals. Not really visible from above and no more fault codes / cut outs with it all working as standard.View attachment 1618444
View attachment 1618445
View attachment 1618446
I'll fold another set and powder coat them black now that it's sorted. Once warranty is up I'll fit braided lines, I'd recommend the mc upgrades as really worth it for the improvement, brake and clutch.View attachment 1618447 If any ones considered the Delkevics I fitted a pair of the new Titaniums in the long version, super light, sound good, no mapping needed with stock air filter. I think they look and sound good on the black bike, fit and finish really nice.
Hope this is helpful cheers, and safe riding,Dion.

View attachment 1618438
Hi I have this problem now after fitting the brembo what a pain in the arse is there any other way around this or will I have to get brackets

G'day, new to the site. Been having a look here and there and thought I'd register, I'm in Australia and have a 2019 Busa. First Busa and love it. (Litre sport bikes but my wife enjoys as well so the Busa seemed a good idea and not the compromise I first expected on a winding road!)
The thread caught my eye as I've fitted an RCS 19 and 16 to my bike. No reservoir / lever clearance issues. View attachment 1618439 The radial mc upgrade is the best mod to date for me, super happy with it. Now 2 finger hard braking with feel and power solo or 2 up. I live in a rural area close to mountains and the sea and rarely have to go on straight roads.

Hope this might help some of you out, Brembo can supply a 'normal' contact clutch switch on their cable operated lever / perch assembly for Gsxr's etc. But they don't do the contact switch for the RCS clutch mc but instead only supply their hydraulic switch as for the brake mc.
I fitted both with a few minor mods (if you machine out the handle bar clamp bolt locating grooves by 3.5mm towards inner end of bar you gain enough clearance to angle the mc's down for the full range /angle adjustment, bar is now clamped 3.5mm outward) . I've read a few threads with people having that issue where the mc fouls on the bar clamp. Also I mounted the reservoir tab under the bracket, no clearance issue on lock to lock,
View attachment 1618440
Once fitted, ridden for a few months no problem then started throwing the odd C40 code (ISC and / or clutch circuit), stop bike, fault cleared each time off I go normal again. Was out riding in the wet and the bike threw the C40 code and cut out on a wet roundabout going at walking pace in traffic and did the same again slipping the clutch turning on some gravel roadworks. Same again turn off, start runs as normal no fault. Checked the hydraulic switch, closing circuit no prob. Tried a second switch same issue, 99.9% of the time normal then ride through a town/traffic C40 up. Check circuits again all normal, I ended up speaking to Phil at Phil Tainton Racing (PTR long Suzuki race history here). Phil suggested check where in the lever stroke the switch closed the circuit and guaranteed it was activating to early as he'd seen this before. It was right in the start of stroke. Therefor the ECU registers that clutch is fully disengaged, it should switch to the idle contol map (governing idle speed/ignition advance for neutral or if stationary with clutch in) but because the ABS sensors are registering wheel speed and the TPS is sending a signal that the throttle is part open - conflicting scenario so C40 ISC fault is generated and in my case fuel cut out twice. I fitted a temporary 'momentary on' switch to the left switch block to confirm the cause and be able to start the bike but you wont have the idle map available. In hindsight it all made perfect sense so I bought some water proof 'momentary on' switches and drew up some switch bracket ideas and had them laser cut from 1.0mm stainless sheet to have a play with, I didn't want any of it to be really visible when fitted. Cost $35 for 6 switches and 4 sets of brackets.View attachment 1618443
View attachment 1618441

View attachment 1618442
Made the bracket to mount under the mc off the leaver pivot bolt with the 'push' arm off the lever bolt.
Made a couple of terminal adapters so I could use the original wiring and terminals. Not really visible from above and no more fault codes / cut outs with it all working as standard.View attachment 1618444
View attachment 1618445
View attachment 1618446
I'll fold another set and powder coat them black now that it's sorted. Once warranty is up I'll fit braided lines, I'd recommend the mc upgrades as really worth it for the improvement, brake and clutch.View attachment 1618447 If any ones considered the Delkevics I fitted a pair of the new Titaniums in the long version, super light, sound good, no mapping needed with stock air filter. I think they look and sound good on the black bike, fit and finish really nice.
Hope this is helpful cheers, and safe riding,Dion.

View attachment 1618438
Awesome write up......Did you have any issues installing the brake lines? I know the angles are a bit different. I currently have my RCS on ABM bars. Switching back to stock height. I need to order new brake lines. Any input is appreciated.

Great write up, I'm just about to buy an RCS clutch lever and looking into a switch setup. Do you have any left?
Craig apologies for late reply prob sorted now haven't been online for a while, if your still after brackets pm I have some spares cheers Dion.

Awesome write up......Did you have any issues installing the brake lines? I know the angles are a bit different. I currently have my RCS on ABM bars. Switching back to stock height. I need to order new brake lines. Any input is appreciated.

Bit late Jugghed sorry about that, I originally used stock lines with HEL Performance adaptors. They allow you to fit the stock lines to the solid adaptor that mounts to the M,cyl's.
You can just see them in stainless in the pics. Check out HEL Performance, I think they were listed under accessories/parts. I've since fitted HEL braided lines and just ordered them to suit the radial RCS's without the need for adaptors. The upgrade has been worth every $. Transformed the braking. Cheers Dion.

Craig apologies for late reply prob sorted now haven't been online for a while, if your still after brackets pm I have some spares cheers Dion.
All sorted now thank you, I made a carbon fibre bracket:thumbsup:

Back