Clutch Switch on Brembo

Just an FYI here here is the Kit that has been spoken about!

Ahh cool... So for my busa, being a standard setup with a rcs clutch, I'd need the switch to be in an open state resting and contacts closed when the lever is pulled in. That way the bike see's the circuit closed when the lever is pulled in so as to enable the starter circuit. (much like the brembo hyd one i have in there at the moment) Did you keep a copy of the mold to make another of the CF brackets? hint, hint .... :) :)
Yes that’s correct the circuit is closed with lever pulled in. This micro switch had 3 wires so gives the option to reverse the switching. So depending which 2 of the 3 wires you connect the switch can be open or closed when up, changing wires makes the switch open or closed when down.
it’s important the switch triggers when the lever is almost touching the clipon grip (same as original Busa switch). If it triggers to early this causes the same issue that seems to occur using some of the hydraulic switch’s. As this switch has a metal trigger it can be bent/adjusted to fine tune.
I should have photographed the carbon process! I didn’t actually make a mould. I used modelling clay to hold the switch in correct position, I built up more clay on either side of the switch then with a model knife shaped the clay to form a flat surface aligned around the switch. Next use paint on mould release solution all around the area to be coated in carbon. This solution protects the switch and lever from epoxy resin, without it you’d never release the carbon fibre. I then used 4layers of 2ply weave carbon to form the bracket. Release film is laid on top (basically small piece of polythene). Finally a rolled up fabric layer and then wrapped the lot in insulation tape. The fabric layer acts as a cushion pressed down with the tape, this ensures the carbon is consolidated tightly into the correct shape.

Just an FYI here here is the Kit that has been spoken about!

Yes I’ve seen this one, it requires the switch position to be adjusted if you were to wind the lever in or out. Mine is triggered off the cam which remains in the same location regardless of how you set up the lever.
to be fair once set up I doubt you’d have to re-adjust the lever (unlike on the brake side due to pad wear).

This could be a potential solution for guys who don't have a functional clutch switch.

1609967690194.png

Have you got a wiring diagram of this? does the neutral position act as a switch?
Oddly enough no LOL, I don't think I have ever made a wiring diagram for anything that I build and sell for some reason. But essentially yes using the neutral indication to act as the clutch lever, there is a little more involved than that to prevent the neutral light from coming on when you pull clutch in.

Oddly enough no LOL, I don't think I have ever made a wiring diagram for anything that I build and sell for some reason. But essentially yes using the neutral indication to act as the clutch lever, there is a little more involved than that to prevent the neutral light from coming on when you pull clutch in.
So are you going to make a batch to sell maybe?

Back