Brembo rcs clutch switch

TheEmeraldBiker

Registered
Picked up a great deal on a brembo rcs 19 brake and clutch master cylinders. For anyone else running a brembo clutch master what have you guys used to still keep the clutch switch operational?

Picked up a great deal on a brembo rcs 19 brake and clutch master cylinders. For anyone else running a brembo clutch master what have you guys used to still keep the clutch switch operational?

hmmm 19 dia at the brake?
usually this size is only used at races but not on the street where 17 is best - my experience.

clutch
switch operational?
what is your problem?
did you get its master with its switch connect both wires to harness at the bar and ready
if you didn´t get the scwitch take a hydraulic as a replacement for the normal screw - best choice ever.

master size
also dia 19?
hell that is so much too big - for all busas you need a dia 16 to get a fine working clutch

Some members, myself included, have used a hydraulic pressure switch that replaces the banjo bolt at the MC. In my case, I had to cut some of the threaded end a bit to get it to “bite down” on the crush washers and line, but worked great. I believe I saved the packaging in my parts bin for reference in case I ever needed a replacement. I could search for it, if nobody else has the info handy. I know @fallenarch used a micro switch for his, because he had issues with the hydraulic one, so maybe he has some specs on the one he is using.

Last edited:
I've seen a lot use a 16 but the 19 master cylinder is listed for the busa on brembos website. I haven't received the kit yet but i don't think the kit came with a clutch switch. I've read before that bypassing the original clutch switch only causes issues and throws up an fi light..

Some members, myself included, have used a hydraulic pressure switch that replaces the banjo bolt at the MC. In my case, I had to cut some of the threaded end a bit to get it to “bite down” on the crush washers and line, but worked great. I believe I saved the packaging in my parts bin for reference in case I ever needed a replacement. I could search for it, if nobody else has the info handy. I know @fallenarch used a micro switch for his, because he had issues with the hydraulic one, so maybe he has some specs on the one he is using.
That's cool I have a spare hydraulic switch from another project, I'll try that when all the parts land in n and see how I get on!

The 16 provides a clean feel of the clutch whereas the 19 felt a tad heavy when releasing and pulling in the clutch. I spliced in a switch instead of a pressure banjo switch.

I've seen a lot use a 16 but the 19 master cylinder is listed for the busa on brembos website. I haven't received the kit yet but i don't think the kit came with a clutch switch. I've read before that bypassing the original clutch switch only causes issues and throws up an fi light..
Bypassing the clutch switch changes the map.

The 16 provides a clean feel of the clutch whereas the 19 felt a tad heavy when releasing and pulling in the clutch. I spliced in a switch instead of a pressure banjo switch.

I went the 19, and didn't like it. Ended up going back to stock m/c.

A spare Brembo 16 clutch side you say??
In the same country as me...
Go on...tell me more

Hmmmmm........
Now living in the spare upgraded parts pile, I have no use for it as the GSXR runs cable clutch and the second K8 is being left stockish.

Comes with a Brembo Titanium Gold Pivot pin.

Open to offers lol.

BD93FBB6-0743-4C91-80BC-2114194B9EB2.jpeg

Thanks for the info guys, I was mainly buying this just for the brake master cylinder, the guy selling them wanted the clutch m/c to be sold with it. For the price I was offered I couldn't say no lol. Anyway all parts landed in yesterday everything brand new still in the boxes! Will get them fitted over the next week or two!

G'day, new to the site. Been having a look here and there and thought I'd register, I'm in Australia and have a 2019 Busa. First Busa and love it. (Litre sport bikes but my wife enjoys as well so the Busa seemed a good idea and not the compromise I first expected on a winding road!)
The thread caught my eye as I've fitted an RCS 19 and 16 to my bike. No reservoir / lever clearance issues.
IMG_0508.jpg
The radial mc upgrade is the best mod to date for me, super happy with it. Now 2 finger hard braking with feel and power solo or 2 up. I live in a rural area close to mountains and the sea and rarely have to go on straight roads.

Hope this might help some of you out, Brembo can supply a 'normal' contact clutch switch on their cable operated lever / perch assembly for Gsxr's etc. But they don't do the contact switch for the RCS clutch mc but instead only supply their hydraulic switch as for the brake mc.
I fitted both with a few minor mods (if you machine out the handle bar clamp bolt locating grooves by 3.5mm towards inner end of bar you gain enough clearance to angle the mc's down for the full range /angle adjustment, bar is now clamped 3.5mm outward) . I've read a few threads with people having that issue where the mc fouls on the bar clamp. Also I mounted the reservoir tab under the bracket, no clearance issue on lock to lock,
IMG_0511.jpg

Once fitted, ridden for a few months no problem then started throwing the odd C40 code (ISC and / or clutch circuit), stop bike, fault cleared each time off I go normal again. Was out riding in the wet and the bike threw the C40 code and cut out on a wet roundabout going at walking pace in traffic and did the same again slipping the clutch turning on some gravel roadworks. Same again turn off, start runs as normal no fault. Checked the hydraulic switch, closing circuit no prob. Tried a second switch same issue, 99.9% of the time normal then ride through a town/traffic C40 up. Check circuits again all normal, I ended up speaking to Phil at Phil Tainton Racing (PTR long Suzuki race history here). Phil suggested check where in the lever stroke the switch closed the circuit and guaranteed it was activating to early as he'd seen this before. It was right in the start of stroke. Therefor the ECU registers that clutch is fully disengaged, it should switch to the idle contol map (governing idle speed/ignition advance for neutral or if stationary with clutch in) but because the ABS sensors are registering wheel speed and the TPS is sending a signal that the throttle is part open - conflicting scenario so C40 ISC fault is generated and in my case fuel cut out twice. I fitted a temporary 'momentary on' switch to the left switch block to confirm the cause and be able to start the bike but you wont have the idle map available. In hindsight it all made perfect sense so I bought some water proof 'momentary on' switches and drew up some switch bracket ideas and had them laser cut from 1.0mm stainless sheet to have a play with, I didn't want any of it to be really visible when fitted. Cost $35 for 6 switches and 4 sets of brackets.
IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515 (002).jpg

Made the bracket to mount under the mc off the leaver pivot bolt with the 'push' arm off the lever bolt.
Made a couple of terminal adapters so I could use the original wiring and terminals. Not really visible from above and no more fault codes / cut outs with it all working as standard.
IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

I'll fold another set and powder coat them black now that it's sorted. Once warranty is up I'll fit braided lines, I'd recommend the mc upgrades as really worth it for the improvement, brake and clutch.
IMG_0504.jpg
If any ones considered the Delkevics I fitted a pair of the new Titaniums in the long version, super light, sound good, no mapping needed with stock air filter. I think they look and sound good on the black bike, fit and finish really nice.
Hope this is helpful cheers, and safe riding,Dion.

IMG_0511.jpg

Hey Doin,

Welcome from a fellow Aussie from Melbourne..
Good to see you here.

Awesome write up, love the idea.
I'm on the hydraulic at the moment and, touch wood, havent had any issues..
But if I do, guess who I'm contacting for a switch setup :)
Top effort.

Stay safe
No worries , have a few spare so yell out if needed.

I Believe Fallenarch bought this one from me

Back