Brembo RCS clutch MC problems

turbobusa2000

Registered
I just installed my Brembo RCS clutch MC and I'm having a little trouble with the clutch not disengaging when I pull in the lever. I also installed a new SS line. Problem is when Im down shifting or upshifting it doesn't go in and out smoothly. The lines are bled completely.

Normally I could go through the gears while at a stand still but it simply won't move, sometimes not at all, very clunky. Other things to note, I have HD clutch springs and a billet sprocket cover.

If someone has installed one of these that had a similar problem let me know or if you have any idea what could cause this. Thanks.

Should work perfectly unless it's not bled correctly... try adjusting the pivot distance on the MC and see if it makes a difference

Hi there
Let me shine some light on this subject.

The Hayabusa have a bigger clutch compared to the standard bikes and needs a bigger M/C, the new 19RCS clutch 110.A263.70
The person that sold you this product should know this , that is why Brembo has developed the 19RCS for this specific reason for Hayabusa GSXR 1300, ZX12R, ZX14R and some Ducati's.
Optimum Performance Products Inc. (OPP Racing) - Performance Motorcycle Parts Distributor
Brembo 19RCS Forged Clutch Master Cylinder with Folding Standard Lever (for 1 inch bar) - [part no_OP110A89770] - OPPRACING Products

Nothing wrong with your bleeding, nothing wrong with the 16RCS you just have the wrong part.

tim :welcome:

Hi there
Let me shine some light on this subject.

The Hayabusa have a bigger clutch compared to the standard bikes and needs a bigger M/C, the new 19RCS clutch 110.A263.70
The person that sold you this product should know this , that is why Brembo has developed the 19RCS for this specific reason for Hayabusa GSXR 1300, ZX12R, ZX14R and some Ducati's.
Optimum Performance Products Inc. (OPP Racing) - Performance Motorcycle Parts Distributor
Brembo 19RCS Forged Clutch Master Cylinder with Folding Standard Lever (for 1 inch bar) - [part no_OP110A89770] - OPPRACING Products

Nothing wrong with your bleeding, nothing wrong with the 16RCS you just have the wrong part.

tim :welcome:

Good info I'll have to look into this. :thumbsup:

I have the 14 by 16, and it works fine!

My master is the 16 RCS with variable 16 and 18 settings. Is that what you have?

I had no idea there was a larger MC available. Would have been nice to know. Hopefully I can get a replacement without to much hassle. This one isn't working for me at all.

Back