Brake Light Not Working Correctly.

nitrobusa08

Registered
Hello on my 08 Hayabusa the stock OEM brake light only very little gets more bright on the top part while brake is pressed, before the whole light lit up very bright. now just barely noticeable . The circle part stays the same brightness. Any one else have issues with there light. The brake switch was replaced on front and no rear switch is connected Thank you for your help.

If it had been a switch issue you would have had nothing at all. Sounds like you need a tail light

Reactions: Ham
If it had been a switch issue you would have had nothing at all. Sounds like you need a tail light
If you have a buddy with a gen2 swap lights and check. You can also check you tail light harness with a volt meter.

If you have a buddy with a gen2 swap lights and check. You can also check you tail light harness with a volt meter.
Ok Thanx, I have not checked the power going to the brake light function wire. I will let you know if it's 12 volts.

You can also just pull the bulb and put 12v to it and see if it lights up completely.

You can also just pull the bulb and put 12v to it and see if it lights up completely.
I think the Led arrays are sealed inside the light assembly on the gen 2 . After I get a new light I will take the old one apart if it is heat sealed together and try fixing it.

I think the Led arrays are sealed inside the light assembly on the gen 2 . After I get a new light I will take the old one apart if it is heat sealed together and try fixing it.

You are right, I changed my tail out pretty early on so I missed that one..

After I get a new light I will take the old one apart if it is heat sealed together and try fixing it.

Post back if you open up the stock one, always been curious how difficult it is to open.

Another option is a Chinese smoked tail light that has a board the size of the lens full of LEDs. I like mine, but do wish the board weren't at a 45deg angle. It looks good and operates about equal to OEM light.

20160813_161549.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

That light looks very good and your bike looks awesome , That's what I want to order today since it is payday. A seller has some in the U.S. on ebay. So that way the shipping will be faster to Florida. Thank you for the pictures.

Ok Thanx, I have not checked the power going to the brake light function wire. I will let you know if it's 12 volts.
It has 12 volts at the plug for brake light and 12 for tail light , the handlebar brake switch activates the 12 volt reading at the plug. So I replaced the taillight assembly and it works good. I have brake lights again. Thank you for your help.

If you need one for parts, i have one with a broken lens, you pay shipping!

If you need one for parts, i have one with a broken lens, you pay shipping!
Hi Gixerhp, I've been away from my computer for a little bit. Do you still have the taillight ? If so I would like to get it I have paypal I can send you the postage. Thank you.

Yes i do,, let see what size box it takes,,
Pm me your address

Back