Bought my new 2023 Busa 2 weeks woke up this morning and gone!

Oh, I always have a fantasy when it comes to such lousy thieves. A steel dildo, plunged into boiling water and then rammed into the human exhaust hatch with momentum. Giving back a little pain those bastards brought on others.

That’s just weird. :)
Our bikes are no different than horses used to be. And we know what happened to horse thieves. I’d be fine with that.

I thought basement garages / parking would be reasonably safe, cameras and many are gated. Around here they are a quite popular spot to steal bikes from. Not unusual at all to hear of bikes being taken from one. The cameras really don’t seem to bother folk who often go prepared.

I thought basement garages / parking would be reasonably safe, cameras and many are gated. Around here they are a quite popular spot to steal bikes from. Not unusual at all to hear of bikes being taken from one. The cameras really don’t seem to bother folk who often go prepared.
Aren't they usually 'inside' jobs? If Security is not involved with the thefts, it's someone that lives in the complex that can at least, let someone in.

I talked to a buddy of mine today who told me his insurance company wanted to know where his bike is stored when not riding and what he is doing to ensure it is not stolen.

He told them it came with a factory alarm/immobilizer from HD, they told them that wasn't enough and before his insurance policy is renewed they want to see the storage area. He will most likely comply as they are the most inexpensive insurance company he has found.

Talk about being intrusive.

Had a similar theft a couple years ago.
Contact the police. Be pro-active: tell the detectives (they are assigned to the case) there is parking garage video. Document your contacts with police. File an insurance claim.
I also put the word out to a local MC i rode with.
Got the bike back in 24 hours.
Amazing.
Outlaw MC 1, Cops 0.

I talked to a buddy of mine today who told me his insurance company wanted to know where his bike is stored when not riding and what he is doing to ensure it is not stolen.

He told them it came with a factory alarm/immobilizer from HD, they told them that wasn't enough and before his insurance policy is renewed they want to see the storage area. He will most likely comply as they are the most inexpensive insurance company he has found.

Talk about being intrusive.
The Insurance companys i use here in the UK don't really worry about alarms being fitted.
But they do want to know where the bike is kept and what the building is made of (wood / brick / metal ect).
They also say that it must be kept locked away when you are home, no leaving it on the driveway unattended, as if its stolen off the driveway they wont cover you.
The wife and i have got into the habbit of one of us being with the bikes when there out front when we go out or come home. They are always warmed up in the garden/yard before going out, and as soon as we are home they are put back into the garden/yard to cool down before being put away.

I started riding legally in 1984, and have only had one bike stolen. It was a Kawasaki GPz305 that i bought new in 1986 when i passed my test. It was stolen in 1988 from Swansea in Wales. Learnt my lesson.

Our main bikes are 10 & 13 years old now. But the one thing we do have on them are RoadLok's which are used if the bikes are ever left when we are out. We also chain both bikes together. It won't stop them being stolen, but will make it harder for them to be stolen. In my mind its not so much losing my bike itself as it can be replaced, But the paint job i did on it i would be upset about losing. All the hours i put into it, as we never got the 2020 colour here in the UK.

Parking on the street is even worse..lol.

Home garage is different, sounds like he lives in a condo or apartment which is only slightly better than the street. Only benefit is a roof over its head, theft risk is still the same..
yeah... i live in a condo. I would never dare leave my bike outside, but then again there is ALOT invested into it that i would never get back. not even close... ever. On a new bike with insurance, who really cares? he will get a brand new carbon copy of what he had. Lots of times when the owner hurts a bike himself, it ends up "disappearing"... but this time i dont think thats what happened, there is video of allll of this. I think the OP is innocent. either way... he gets a new ride. alll will be well. Just be grateful he didnt have 60 or 70K invested into a build and its ALL GONE. i pay almost 200 a month to store mine deep inside a warehouse that is owned by someone in LE. Its worth it. Even if it takes me a 1/2 hour to extricate the bike from the warehouse.... you would need a helicopter to steal it in under 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Aren't they usually 'inside' jobs? If Security is not involved with the thefts, it's someone that lives in the complex that can at least, let someone in.
there ya go. Police might look into EVERYONE if they arent a real busy dept with alot of spare time. sometimes its the person that you least suspect. As long as the OP has never had a bike stolen before.... i would expect a new busa to be delivered. no issues.

Sorry to hear about your bike. I hope they catch the thieves and you get her back in good condition or get settled with insurance. I always worry when I park somewhere that someone will take my bike. But I have the insurance, so I’ll use it if needed. I also put a apple air tag deep inside the frame area in hopes to retrieve it before it’s too late. Good luck with this mess.

200.gif

Had a similar theft a couple years ago.
Contact the police. Be pro-active: tell the detectives (they are assigned to the case) there is parking garage video. Document your contacts with police. File an insurance claim.
I also put the word out to a local MC i rode with.
Got the bike back in 24 hours.
Amazing.
Outlaw MC 1, Cops 0.
I got a lot of friends like that here in Vegas. You gotta have friends. Sometimes a 1% gets the word out. I'd be open to doing a lot of favors for that MC !.

Update guys.. So I went and saw the video of them taking my bike and found out that they were loading the bike in the van at the loading dock as I found my bike gone and called the police. The loading dock is about 200 feet away from where my bike was parked. Long story short if I came down about 4 minutes earlier I would have caught them taking it. The detective said I am lucky cause these same guys have been seen on other video carrying weapons. Since I carry I would've been in a bad spot going against 3 guys with only Glock 43 with 9 rounds. I have since upgraded. Anyway the loading dock where they came in was opened and should be locked. Very Interesting. Insurance company has paid for all buy $500. I have already purchased tracking for my next bike. If it moves more than 10 feet I will get a call and a text. The property manager is giving me my own spot where I can secure my bike plus park my car so that they would have to move my car to get it.

Thanks

The detective said I am lucky cause these same guys have been seen on other video carrying weapons.

These guys have a full-time living at this. Yes, as remarkable as it seems to nice, decent people, they will have no problem murdering you keep their ebay parts sales business alive.

I am glad that your insurance did their duty.

What is required to pass geo data to police? If they have to contact Apple or whomever, it is anyone's guess if that will actually happen. Like you pointed out, individuals likely should not take action. It is difficult to tell if tracking is beneficial because of this.

Seems like the manager feels like it’s an inside job just like I assume most of us do and is trying to make amends. I’d try leverage my way out of the lease, unlikely but I’d try, and find a townhome or single family home with a garage. There’s really nothing to stop them from doing it again. Your car won’t always be there to protect your bike and eventually the insurance company is going to increase your rate.

Can anyone recommend a good security system for the bike? I want to be notified on my cell phone when it moves.
Sounds like this is what you got. I'm not aware of any better options. And they are on sale. Down to $150 (I just bought one), but you also need a SIM CARD / GSM SERVICE $50/year subscription. The part I'm curious about is whether really professional thieves have countermeasures. Can they scan the bike to see if it's transmitting? Do they have jammers?
Monimoto 7

Last edited:
FYI re Monimoto 7, turns out it won't take rechargeable batteries (AA's). They specifically state and tech support confirms that rechargeables can mess with the internal circuitry. That's a new one on me and I'm not happy, but apparently the non-rechargeable lithium's will last a year and you should be burying the unit someplace hidden on the bike, so I suppose this will be less inconvenience then having to change them regularly.

Stolen Motorcycle
At 5am this morning I went out to the parking garage to get on my motorcycle to go to the gym and saw this. Gone stolen. It's a 2023 White and Blue Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 plate# 3ZP05. It was last seen in my gated parking garage in King of Prussia Pa this past Wednesday night. Any information on the recovery of this motorcycle would be greatly appreciated and rewarded. My

View attachment 1656398 contact email at
speedfreak33313@gmail.com
Thanks

View attachment 1656399
That just SUCKS. Good luck, i hope you get it back.

Back