Bought my new 2023 Busa 2 weeks woke up this morning and gone!

These stories are all too common these days....not long ago 2 Ram TRXs were stolen from our local dealer, right under the noses of cameras and a roving security firm. Two years before, the neighboring Toyota dealership lost 4 Tundras. Modern thieves are hard to stop.

Years ago a friend of my brothers went to New York on his brand-new Gold Wing SE, they were at a hotel restaurant with 20 other Gold Wings in the parking lot and came out and their bike was gone. All they had was what was on their back because everything else was in the bike.

Months later the thieves were caught-they used a panel truck with a hoist boom in the back, they'd sling the bike, lift it and slide it in the van within seconds...they were starting to dismantle them on the way to their garage. Alarms and other deterrents didn't faze them one bit.

200.gif

Sorry hear of the loss of your gorgeous 23 Busa…..
I’ve read up on king of Prussia PA, and it’s upmarket and low crime, high income per capital etc.
It certainly looks like an inside job, considering it’s a gated parking garage.
Keep pressing for a view of the video footage, it will reveal exactly what happened and the method used, and the people that did it need to be caught and punished.
Keep us informed on the outcome of this please.

Thieves should certainly have their liberty taken away but murder isn’t the punishment for theft, even grand theft. Now, if I were to be stranded in the Mojave one warm day, miles from anywhere because someone was stealing my ‘horse’ I just might feel justified in shooting him, to save my life. That’s probably why some horse thieves of old ended up being hung instead of being jailed.

These stories are all too common these days....not long ago 2 Ram TRXs were stolen from our local dealer, right under the noses of cameras and a roving security firm. Two years before, the neighboring Toyota dealership lost 4 Tundras. Modern thieves are hard to stop.

Years ago a friend of my brothers went to New York on his brand-new Gold Wing SE, they were at a hotel restaurant with 20 other Gold Wings in the parking lot and came out and their bike was gone. All they had was what was on their back because everything else was in the bike.

Months later the thieves were caught-they used a panel truck with a hoist boom in the back, they'd sling the bike, lift it and slide it in the van within seconds...they were starting to dismantle them on the way to their garage. Alarms and other deterrents didn't faze them one bit.
Where I live just a couple miles outside Detroit the Chrysler cars are real popular to be stolen and stripped down or used for joy riding. They were actually taking them right from the storage lots outside the plants where they wait to transport them to dealers. I know that in some of those cases it was definitely inside help.

This I don’t get. No one has a right of privacy in a publicly accessed parking area that’s under surveillance by cameras. And if the cops can see it, why not you? A court order or search warrant shouldn’t be necessary in any case. Where are you?
I guess they are afraid if I know the person that took it I will look for them myself? I am in PA

Here is a camera and what it sees. Should've caught everything. I sent it to the police. Hopefully they will do something. At this point I don't think I want the bike back. I has to be in a million pieces right now. I still would like to catch these sugarbritches though. If I catch them in the act there would've been a problem. lol Can anyone recommend a good security system for the bike? I want to be notified on my cell phone when it moves.

20221015_182234.jpg

20221015_182240.jpg

20221015_182249.jpg

Last edited:
I would raise holy hell and make everyone’s life miserable till I or the police saw the video ASAP. Like RFN!!
That camera captured it, it captured them, it captured the vehicle and it most likely captured the plate on it. The ‘security’ is hiding it from you and making things difficult for a reason.
Contact the property mgr. Contact the building owner. Contact who you’re paying to live there. Don’t give up.

Did you even call the police to the scene? I highly doubt with them there mr security guy would tell them they needed a court order.

I won’t even go into the measure that should have been taken to have prevented it because it’s too late for that.

I would raise holy hell and make everyone’s life miserable till I or the police saw the video ASAP. Like RFN!!
That camera captured it, it captured them, it captured the vehicle and it most likely captured the plate on it. The ‘security’ is hiding it from you and making things difficult for a reason.
Contact the property mgr. Contact the building owner. Contact who you’re paying to live there. Don’t give up.

Did you even call the police to the scene? I highly doubt with them there mr security guy would tell them they needed a court order.

I won’t even go into the measure that should have been taken to have prevented it because it’s too late for that.
I am currently call and talking to everyone including the building manger of the apartment complex next door to see if they could view their camara footage for me. This was more than likely done by pros. I would even say come in without a plate on the vehicle. I called the police the second I found out. Sent all this info to them so they can investigate on their end. Please go into the measures that should've been taken to prevent this. I am going to get another one. I already bough tracking for it. I plan on reserving another parking spot so that I can park the bike behind my car at night as well as chain it.

What you mention should be tried. Something other than making it easy just sitting there. A huge concrete anchor and chain might at least make them take another one that’s easier. Me? I’d get some sort of silent motion alarm hooked to my phone and an air tag buried deep in the next one.
Sucks having a bike stolen from you. I know exactly how it feels.

This is the time I would like to walk up on these bastards with a 12 gauge with rock salt in the shell. Won't kill them but will burn as far as the rock salt hits and that's a big area. Yep, you'll hear them screaming a mile away, hehehe.:shocked:

This is the time I would like to walk up on these bastards with a 12 gauge with rock salt in the shell. Won't kill them but will burn as far as the rock salt hits and that's a big area. Yep, you'll hear them screaming a mile away, hehehe.:shocked:
Oh, I always have a fantasy when it comes to such lousy thieves. A steel dildo, plunged into boiling water and then rammed into the human exhaust hatch with momentum. Giving back a little pain those bastards brought on others.

This type of thing is always sad to hear about.
i-keep-asking-why-why.gif

Interesting that it's a security gated parking lot. It would take expertise of the system to override, or insider knowledge / access in order to get the gate open. Unless it was already open, someone would need to have access to get in there?They would also need to know the bike was in there in the first place too!

To be reluctant to provide the footage for freedom of information seems like an inside job. I have a hunch that's why the footage wasn't deleted; otherwise that would be a give-away of being an inside job. Keep the footage, but be an ass about providing it seems strange - but I'm unaware of your laws there.

Hidden GPS trackers are worth their weight in gold. Especially knowing the information they provide once you've located the bike and every one of their associates they may have stopped at along their way.

Last edited:
Keep the footage, but be an ass about providing it seems strange - but I'm unaware of your laws there.

In the US we can fill out a police report. That is it. There is no right to get action, not from any individual and not even from police. The owner or manager of that parking lot has an expectation that they do not have to do anything for victims. Unfortunately, they are keenly aware that there could be something on video, something related to their security procedures or even something unrelated to the theft like a crack in the pavement which may end up being a tangible liability for them. Liability here has created the disincentive to never help anyone beyond the letter of the law as one could be slitting their own throat. The law is that only the police can request or subpoena evidence such as that video. And if those police are "too busy" with other things, they may never get to it. It all depends on their priority list.

Professional criminals continue to glorify all of the above facts of life.

In the US we can fill out a police report. That is it. There is no right to get action, not from any individual and not even from police. The owner or manager of that parking lot has an expectation that they do not have to do anything for victims. Unfortunately, they are keenly aware that there could be something on video, something related to their security procedures or even something unrelated to the theft like a crack in the pavement which may end up being a tangible liability for them. Liability here has created the disincentive to never help anyone beyond the letter of the law as one could be slitting their own throat. The law is that only the police can request or subpoena evidence such as that video. And if those police are "too busy" with other things, they may never get to it. It all depends on their priority list.

Professional criminals continue to glorify all of the above facts of life.
Same thing here in Canada...if a vehicle gets stolen, there is very little that can be done other than a police report and an insurance claim......there just aren't enough police to deal with everything they have to these days, most departments use regular patrol cops to investigate these crimes.

As a landlord, it isn't my responsibility to provide security for tenant's vehicles. While I was posted away from home one time I lived in a condo with underground "secure" parking...the fobs to open the garage door were closely controlled but it wasn't hard to get into the underground parking area regardless....

In the case of the stolen gen 3 the OP described, it could have been anyone who marked that bike...another tenant or a friend of that tenant or someone in the management of the facility. I'd imagine the camera feeds aren't watched by any security agency so by the time someone noticed the theft, it could be 12 hrs later before the camera feed is checked.

Pretty hard to stop a motorcycle thief, alarms and locking devices are ineffective as they can just pick it up...a tracker would be a good thing to have.

Thank goodness I have a well-secured garage where my crate lives.....although there probably wouldn't be a long line of thieves waiting to steal it anyway.

Back