Boots - Sidi Fusion vs Strada Evo (Air) - help!

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so boots are really the last piece of the gear puzzle I need to buy. I've looked at both of these models and they seem fairly close but dont know which is better or which folks have used. Thought I'd seek advise from the Org :thumbsup: I dont need "race" boots but want something close with good protection. I wear riding pants so probably will tuck the legs in but who knows, almost never just wear jeans so not looking for something that can work under the pants leg.

Sidi Strada Evo Air Motorcycle Sport Boots :: New Enough
Default.jpg

Seems like perhaps they are a great for really warm weather, curious how they would be with temps in the 70s-80s as that's more of the range I'll have day in and out.

Sidi Fusion Motorcycle Boots :: New Enough
Fusion_BlackBlack_600.jpg

These seem newer (no review from NewEnough yet) and dunno, the write up seems to have more info in it but I just am not smart enough with the boots to know if its "good stuff" or "fluff".

Thoughts?

Last edited:
cool are they about the same kinda $$ and protection? do they run wider or skinnier?

They are skinny like Nike's.
Which I like.

About the same $ and protection.
I think they have a vented model also, not sure on that ?

But they are very comfy.

also came with 2 sets of sliders.
One metal and one plastic...not that I'll need either here in Flattsville.

I have the Sidi Strada Evo Air and love them. I've had them for 3 years or so and the sole's are still fine. They are easily the most comfortable boot I've ever had. I now have 3 pairs of Sidis in different models for my different bike/riding attitudes.

I have the Evo Airs Size 50. they fit kinda wide and are real comfy. As far as the vents go, my feet have never sweated.

Oh, and in temps of 70 and up, they are just fine. I wore mine through Death Valley (100+) and was comfortable even walking around. Anything below 70 and you'll want a little thicker sock.

Oh, and in temps of 70 and up, they are just fine. I wore mine through Death Valley (100+) and was comfortable even walking around. Anything below 70 and you'll want a little thicker sock.

thats true....speaking of 23 degrees and snow with ankle socks.....

I wear Sidi Canyons... always meant to give a review...

fairly cumfy, and easy to walk around in day to day... (i wear them all day when i ride)

also gore-tex so waterproof as it gets...

most important, i can fit them under my pants, and they look kinda dressy...

imho, sidi is slightly narrow in the foot, but i went a 1/2 size up from my standard boot size (dr martens), and they fit perfect...

sidi_canyon_gore.jpg

Last edited:
I have both tall boots and some short Sidi boots. For me, the tall boots are way too hot to wear much over 75* and then I switch to my short boots. If you go for tall, recommend the pair with the cooling vents.

If you can I would suggest you try them both on and see how they feel. Even though they are both Sidi's they might fit differently and that might make a big difference in a long day. Nice boots though either way.

I have the Sidi strada rain and the Sidi race boots with all the aromr, cant think of the name, but my preference is the strada rain, they are the most comfortable shoes that I own. I have had them for about 4 years and the sole around the toe is getting thin. I have worn them in the winter and in the hot summer at the beach, 95 to 98 degrees and they were fine. When I ride to the office I normally end up wearing them all day. :) They are like the old saying, fits like a glove, I love them. I will buy another pair when these wear out. :)

well i tried getting the Fusion version but alas they were so back ordered that New Enough offered a gift certificate or refund. Just talked to them and now have an upgraded pair (Vertigos) on the way :cool:

Default.jpg

What boot do you guys reccomend for someone with a little wider foot. I will be using the boot for occasional track days and lots of street riding. Ohh, and it does get hot here in Phoenix?

Back