SIDI STRADA EVO TEPORS

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Well folks...either there's a $hitload of fantastic motorcycle gear out there or I managed to pick yet another winner to complete my suit of invincibility!
laugh.gif
as...my $220 Sidi Strada Evo Tepors arrived today from newenough and while I was extremely willing, able and tempted to shell out the measly $50's extra for the Sidi Vertigo's?....like my 6 year old Alpinestar GPS boots I was looking for a boot that could pull double duty as both offering up some serious protection with styling that looked just as fitting and classy wether worn under the jeans for casual events...(sans crossing that fine line into full blown power ranger land)...or?...inside the leathers for those not too casual events and...I found that with my new Sidi Strada Evo Tepors...(if only they could shorten the name....)
laugh.gif

SIDI.jpg

The Initial Low Down:

Materials Used:

"LORICA":These boots are made of Lorica vs real leather as the lorica is a microfiber material engineered to be more abrasion resistant and both stronger & lighter than leather while still retaining the breathablity and "break-in flex zone" comfort of leather...and for bonus points?..unlike leather lorica is dry rot resistant....so?...they should last a good long while.
biggrin.gif

"TEPOR & ZEROSWEAT": Make up the lining as the "Zerosweat" material is designed to absorb and wick body sweat away while the "Tepor" is a breathable yet waterproof lining and both seem to work rather well as I've already worn these boots around my 72 degree home for 1 1/2 hours and there truely was no sweating of my feet.
biggrin.gif

"COMFORT": These boots did not feel quite as comfy as my 6 year old leather alpinestar gps boots...until...I wore them and milled around the house for about an hour..and then they were just as comfy as my alpinestars....amazingly comfortable....and light!
biggrin.gif

"PROTECTION":is awesome for a boot of this seemingly triple duty sport/weatherproof tour/race boot...bolted on shin guards...hard plastic ankle cups on both sides...a dual density 180 degree heel cup which appears welted right into the rubber sole...extensive use of double thickness lorica including the toe/shift areas annnnd...something I never even seen advertised in the sales info of these boots as it appears they have some sort of hard toe cup...like steel toed boots....yet you can't feel'em in there while your wearing them but knocking them with your knuckle sounds like your knocking on wood.....internal hard cups in the toes area...and it makes shifting feel extremely defined and positive...and unl;ike my old worn out alpinestars?...I won't be shifting a blister on top of my big toe like I've been known to do on some of my more aggressive weekender forrays.

"Dispelling Certain Online Review/Myths I Enountered":

Myth "A". You would either hafta be 1/2 blitzed or on full dork to accidently hang your zipper on the water-proof tepor liner...one upward swipe of the fingertips pleated them right in there for a clean and comfortable zip up.

Myth "B". The tepor liner in these boots DO NOT cause profuse sweating as I found them to be quite cool and comfortable.

And that's about it folks...I like'em...enough to keep...and...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137716015 -->

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

EVO TEPORS look real nice! More low key than my Vertigo's & looks like you get some nice protection. Do they have any venting on them to keep ya cool?

EVO TEPORS look real nice! More low key than my Vertigo's & looks like you get some nice protection. Do they have any venting on them to keep ya cool?
well?...air vents would kind of destroy the water-proof deally wouldn't they?...as the sidi vertibre tepors have the same side air vents as the regular vertibre's except...the vents are fake on the vertibre tepors....as in....blocked off...or?...if they weren't?...they wouldn't be "water-proof".

Truth be told I'm really amazed at just how cool the tepors are and I imagine a lot has to do with that "zerosweat" lining which I believe plays on the evaporation process which adds a cool feeling in the hot yet acts as insulation in the cold.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137725966 -->

Nice boots......they look just like mine. I'm amazed how comfortable they are right out of the box. They feel like slippers.

I've got an older set of these before they came with the removeable shin-guard. They fit and work great. Tested mine when a chick hit me on the ninja and the ninja fel on my leg before sliding down the street.

Mine are about 3-4 years old now and I am thinking about going with the vertebrae with the adjustable calf.

Anybody have the new vertebraes, and have a review to offer ?

well?...air vents would kind of destroy the water-proof deally wouldn't they?...as the sidi vertibre tepors have the same side air vents as the regular vertibre's except...the vents are fake on the vertibre tepors....as in....blocked off...or?...if they weren't?...they wouldn't be "water-proof".

Truth be told I'm really amazed at just how cool the tepors are and I imagine a lot has to do with that "zerosweat" lining which I believe plays on the evaporation process which adds a cool feeling in the hot yet acts as insulation in the cold.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
You have a valid point, but my little vent on the side open and closes, never get any water in them...even on heavy down-pour. Guess Im a little curious as to the difference in waterproof of the 2 boots. Another nice thing about your boot is, you have less bolt-tightening than I do, which is nice. The Zerosweat lining really works well, as my feet have never been moist/wet. Anyhow, both are very nice boots, your gonna love em, more comfortable than I thought a motorcycle boot could ever be.

I posted a pic of mine, just so I could easily look at the differences between the boots in 1 thread -hope you dont mind.
www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

I have basically the same boot, only instead of waterproof I have vents on the top and outside.

Most comfortable m/c boot I've had.  I can wear them to work, 8-10hrs in the office, then ride home.  Great value for a good boot.

My camera bites; so not a great pic.

SUNP0005.JPG

Just ordered a set cause of your great reveiw
smile.gif
I'm flattered Leo...and I'm also quite certain that you'll be very pleased with your purchase....glad I could turn ya on to'em...as I believe them to be an extremely wise choice for anyone who wants serious foot/ankle/heel/toe protection and is known to take long weekender or day rides and dosen't wanna let a little cloud cover or potential rain shower keep them parked at home...yet with enough protection for aggressive street riding or even the occassional track day....or?...tak'in yer honey out on the town..as they are also laid back and inconspicuos enough for casual under jean civilian wear...cool "do-it all and do it with dry feet"...uhem...boots.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

They sound great Jinkster, but one more thing,

How's the sizing run? is it accurate, or a little big or small?

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
You have a valid point, but my little vent on the side open and closes, never get any water in them...even on heavy down-pour. Guess Im a little curious as to the difference in waterproof of the 2 boots. Another nice thing about your boot is, you have less bolt-tightening than I do, which is nice. The Zerosweat lining really works well, as my feet have never been moist/wet. Anyhow, both are very nice boots, your gonna love em, more comfortable than I thought a motorcycle boot could ever be.

I posted a pic of mine, just so I could easily look at the differences between the boots in 1 thread -hope you dont mind.
www.thevmc.com Link no longer works
NP on the pic valium....I love this shid and the more we share, see and know (especially when it comes to realatively high ticket safety gear) the better off we all are and...personally speaking?...I always refrain from being a fresca drinking panzy and whinning to mom that....

"HEY!...DID YOU SEE THAT!....SO&SO....

HIJACKED

MYYYYYYYY THREAD!!!
laugh.gif

Oh and just for the record?...I'm aware the air vents on the "vertigo's" are very functional...but was told the same air vents on the "vertigo tepors" are there but...not funtional due to the addition of the waterproof tepor lining.

Oh and btw...Nice boots back atcha.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

cool.gif

They sound great Jinkster, but one more thing,

How's the sizing run? is it accurate, or a little big or small?
Well.....I've personally found that the euor sizes in general seem to run a tad small as while EURO 44's are supposed to be suitable for a Size 10 U.S.?....I'm a 9 1/2 U.S. and with both my alpinestar euro size 44 gps boots and now again with these euro size 44 sidi stradas?....the euro equivilent of a "U.S. size 10" is a dead fit for my 9.5 sized feet.

so yes...order'em about 1/2 size bigger than your own U.S. foot size.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back