Sidi Strada Boots...?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I am looking at maybe these boots.
They make one which they Call the Sidi Strada Rain
and another with vents called the Strada Air..

Anybody have these boots ?
I am curious if the Air models may let too much in for the few times it gets cold here ?
Dont know if the regular Rain model will be too hot in summer in Fl either ?

and no Sidi doesnt just make a Strada boot ? Only two choices are the Rain and Air models..

Anyone riding with these ? Are they comfy ?

strada_air_1024_detail.jpg

strada_rain_1010_detail.jpg

IMO, stay with the "Air" not much need for a waterproof boot, plus they tend to get too hot.. Now, if you are doing CC rides, maybe think about a waterproof boot..

Also, if you are even thinking about a track day or spirited riding, move up to a boot with a "toe slider" only takes one touch to ruin a pair of boots...

"Sidi" is a great boot.... my next set is going cost me around $350 but you get what you pay for... I think Joe (Liquidysplit) has a connection on SIDI boots, PM him..

Last edited:
They only say Rain cuz I think this is their base model in this boot ?
There is no reg Strada I can find.
I am leaning toward the air models but like now its 43 outside.
If I did go for a ride I am curious if my feet would instantly freeze from the vents ?

I would love to do a track day as Moroso Motorsports park is 10min from me and they have them 2 times a month
but I dont think it would be with Blanca as if I crashed her
I would commit Hairi quiri on the spot....:laugh:
Have to buy a 2k throwaway for that..
I live in Flattsville SoFla so sadly I am not really worried about skinning a boot dragging it.
I would be more worried about wettin my pants from joy if that did happen.

Also I'm still in shock 'she' 'let' me buy it.
Dont want to push it asking to go racing.
I want to see my kids graduate you know.

You should look at Sidi vortice if i am not wrong.The latest sidi boots.The soles have replacement.The protection is like puma boots too:thumbsup:

Merlot I saw the Vortice models but they look a little too 'racey' to me.
I want some decent boots that will still fit inside blue jean legs and I like the all black.
Also the Vortice are more than twice the cost of the Stradas.
Very nice boot but almost 500 beans. Stradas are 200 or so shipped.
I really dont need the toe sliders or extra track protection they offer either.
Here is a pic of the Vortices.

2009_Sidi_Vortice_Boots_Black_Black.jpg

Vortice white is great looking while it is new...I wonder how it would be to keep 'em clean? 2hip

I have the Sidi Vertigo Airs and they worked fine in CT mid-May...so you should be alright in Florida unless the ice caps melt soon :p And I wear them here in the Hawaii rain w/o my feet getting soaked.

Also, I never thought I'd lean the bike over enough to ever get my foot close...glad I have toe sliders now that I'm more comfortable with the bike....just sayin! :p

Kromdom those are Storm Trooper lookish.
I always figured myself for Darth Vader instead, rather lead than follow...:rofl:
I think I am gonna stick with black.

likeapuma unless we suffer from an earthquake of 20 on the richter scale and mountains pop out of the ground I aint gonna be leaning Blanca over anywhere in SoFla.
The only time she will get leaned over she will be parallel to the ground and laying on it.
I hope both never happen.
Think I am gonna go with the Pumas. They seem to have more ankle protection as well
as shin.

Puma V SIDI?

Dang, Puma has toe slider but the SIDI appears to have heel and better ankle protection.. The heel protector can pay off large if you ever high side.. Pricing pretty different? and I can about promise your feet are not going to get cold... (especially true with pant on outside of boot)

I have a pair of the Strada Air and the Vortices. Love them both.

I wear the Strada's to the office. Nobody realizes I'm wearing motorcycle boots under my desk and they are all-day comfortable. The soles are not replaceable. I've had them for 3.5 years or so and have just started to wear the SIDI off of the bottom. I wear them almost every day in the summer months.

I wear the vortices when I'm wearing leathers and shredding a bit harder. Still all-day comfortable for what little walking you usually do with them on and they offer what looks like great protection. Fortunately never tested that with them.

IMO you'll be much happier to stick to he sidi boot. I have worn Alpinestar, Joe Rocket, Puma along with a few other brands and the Sidi's are hands down the most comfortable and has the thinnest toe of them all.

Thin toe you ask? You'll really appreciate the thin toe when you start shifting.

I have a pair of Sidi Vertigo which is the most comfortable and my favorite riding boot of them all. I wear the Votice for track use. I just ordered a new pair of Vortice Boots on Friday for the upcoming track season. While the Vortice is not as user friendly as the Vertigo, they offer superb protection. They are a pain to put on with all the straps and adjustments but once in place, great boot.

If you can afford a few extra shackles, I'd recommend the Vertigo boot. This boot offers much better impact protection. All the impact areas are replaceable and you can rebuild the boot in case of a crash. The Strada is a throw away boot if damaged in a crash.

Sidi is the most expensive of all the boots but is by far the most popular boot available.

Last edited:
I would love to do a track day as Moroso Motorsports park is 10min from me and they have them 2 times a month
but I dont think it would be with Blanca as if I crashed her
I would commit Hairi quiri on the spot....:laugh:
Have to buy a 2k throwaway for that..
I live in Flattsville SoFla so sadly I am not really worried about skinning a boot dragging it.
I would be more worried about wettin my pants from joy if that did happen.

Dude, get that silly thought out of your mind and get your arse to the track. It's not mandatory to crash just because you are on a track. You won't be thrown to the wolves by being on the track with the race crew. You'll start with guys just like yourself who are attending their first track day or close to it. The pace in the novice group will be very slow compared to the fast guys with number plates. You'll have a ton of fun. There will be instructors riding around in your group who are there to help you and give you instruction. You will be a much improved rider when you leave. Without doubt, you will learn more at your first track day than you will learn all summer riding on the streets without instruction.

The machine you are on is an amazing piece of artillery. You are not even touching the surface of the technical aspect of your mighty busa. Do a few track days, maybe a school and your confidence will soar to a new height. You will be a much safer rider. Tell your sweetie you want to become a much better rider for your own safety. She will understand! :beerchug:

I am using the puma race boots.not that comfy but great protection.My next pair would be vortice or vertigo

I'm telling ya those AXO road racing boots were awesome and at $99.99 a steal. I think I got them from motorcycle superstore or something. Check them out I'd give them a thumbs up. Unless you are racing true super sport or superstorck these are good boots for track days and street use.

I'm telling ya those AXO road racing boots were awesome and at $99.99 a steal. I think I got them from motorcycle superstore or something. Check them out I'd give them a thumbs up. Unless you are racing true super sport or superstorck these are good boots for track days and street use.

he is telling the truth and I agree with him :) http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/.../axo_primato+sport+boots+with+leather+uppers#
P.S. BLANCA BUSA, they do have them in Darth Vader black.

image.php?id=55927.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saiid...1st off?...i'm proud of ya...great decision.:thumbsup::cheerleader:

2ndly?...My favorite casual riding boots for south florida are my Sidi Strada Tepors...like the material gortex...they are waterproof yet the synthetic tepor material they are constructed of (which is claimed tougher than leather) lets your feet breath and wicks sweat away via the evaporation process the liner incorporates...and it's very stange how they are seemingly warm in the winter yet cool in the summer and rain or shine my sox are always dry...imho?..one of te best ST'ing boots ever made.

SIDI.jpg

Good luck deciding and congrats on making the very wise decision to get'em..L8R, Bill. :cool:

Saiid...1st off?...i'm proud of ya...great decision.:thumbsup::cheerleader:

2ndly?...My favorite casual riding boots for south florida are my Sidi Strada Tepors...like the material gortex...they are waterproof yet the synthetic tepor material they are constructed of (which is claimed tougher than leather) lets your feet breath and wicks sweat away via the evaporation process the liner incorporates...and it's very stange how they are seemingly warm in the winter yet cool in the summer and rain or shine my sox are always dry...imho?..one of te best ST'ing boots ever made.

SIDI.jpg

Good luck deciding and congrats on making the very wise decision to get'em..L8R, Bill. :cool:

I also have a pair of these boots and love them. I would rather wear them than any shoe I have, they are that comfortable. I have ridden in Florida in August in them also in the dead of winter. I also have a pair of the Sidi race boots, not sure of the modle, they were just replaced with the newest high end model, but I like the stradas better. I also wear them to the office when I ride and they go just fine with dress pants. :) JMO, these are great boots, I will buy another pair when these wear out.

Back