BMW 1 Series M Coupe

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Is it just me or am I out of line wondering who in their right mind would drop 50K on a 1 series M? It's a baby Bimmer that packs a full size cost.

The latest Road and Track has it center issue against the Caymen and Evora.

it's a bad little monster. i'm gonna wait for a used one. or for audi's answer to it. which realistically is the TTRS, also a nasty little speed gremlin.

Numbers arent a whole lot better than my Subi, but thats just numbers, Ill have to test drive one and make a full report once Im released from the hospital due to the accident ill certainly be in :laugh:

I think there is a market for it...

1 Series M Coupe

* • 26 mpg hwy*
* • 335 Horsepower
* • Starting at $46,135 MSRP

M3 Convertible

* • 20 mpg hwy*
* • 414 Horsepower
* • Starting at $67,550 MSRP
M3 Coupe

* • 20 mpg hwy*
* • 414 Horsepower
* • Starting at $58,900 MSRP
M3 Sedan

* • 20 mpg hwy*
* • 414 Horsepower
* • Starting at $55,900 MSRP
X5 M

* • 17 mpg hwy*
* • 555 Horsepower
* • Starting at $86,400 MSRP
X6 M

* • 17 mpg hwy*
* • 555 Horsepower
* • Starting at $89,500 MSRP

12K difference in price may have people scooping them up, 26 mpg and the M1 gets some suspension and braking upgrades some fun for the weekend warriors who dabble on road courses :thumbsup:

If I had 50K to spend on a car this wouldn't make the list

The mustang boss 302 is at around 40K

The Shelby GT500 is at around 49K

The ZL1 Camaro is going to be in the price of the M1
But they are gas guzzlers

BMW they sure do ride nice and the 50K mile no hassle or maintenance brings the people to that car.

I think there are plenty of people who would rather have the M1 and I don't see Mercedes or Lexus with cars with similar features only 1 I think is the infinity G Coupe and its that same price range, I expect it to sell well.

the 1M literally has M3 suspension components. the whole set is just revolved and resprung for the lighter gvw. also, that little motor can be tuned quite easily. an exhaust and a chip and you're looking at nearly 400 hp and over 400 tq. and that's with the stock turbo.

Lycan has a 1 series, it is bad ass but I don't think it's an M series.

Diana has a 1 series convertible and it's a lot of fun. When I saw BMW had a 1 M coming out it made me think about it it.

Yup I have a 1 but not an M...I already priced out the build sheet:laugh::laugh:

The 1 rides very very nice, this being my first BMW I must say I am thoroughly impressed with the craftsmanship in the car and the way it just rolls...

With that said, I think the 1 series is the ONLY BMW left that LOOKS like a BMW should...rumor has it BMW is only making the 1M for this year and theres no talk of another 1M coming out in latter production years...I'm still on the fence about a 1M...which in Lycan speak means...how can I get the money to buy it:rofl:

Dont forget the M5 will be coming back out in 2012. I cant wait to see the new design.

Its the one I have been waiting for. It will be a few years before I can get one, but hopefully by then I can find a good used one, or perhaps pick up a low mileage M6.

I got lucky with my 1, got a HELL of a good price on it..Vehix is your friend:laugh:

BTW..for those who may NOT know..:laugh:

1. Buy a USED BMW and look for low mileage, preferably below 20K
2. Check the Carfax...goes without saying
3. If it was SOLD as a CPO then you're golden...that means that the Warranty is good for 100K, which is my case.
4. Look for these cars at NON BMW dealers, people trade them in and dealers sit on them.

Mine had 13K miles, 2008, Looks like brand spanking new inside and out only had 2 owners and was sold once as CPO so not only do I have the 50K Warranty on her now but Im also good to 100K.

Just some info..:beerchug:

BTW..for those who may NOT know..:laugh:

1. Buy a USED BMW and look for low mileage, preferably below 20K
2. Check the Carfax...goes without saying
3. If it was SOLD as a CPO then you're golden...that means that the Warranty is good for 100K, which is my case.
4. Look for these cars at NON BMW dealers, people trade them in and dealers sit on them.

Mine had 13K miles, 2008, Looks like brand spanking new inside and out only had 2 owners and was sold once as CPO so not only do I have the 50K Warranty on her now but Im also good to 100K.

Just some info..:beerchug:

Wise words if you are going to buy a BMW.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I absolutely LOVE my 128i. Ordered it straight from the factory the first year they came out. It may be a baby beemer, but only in size and weight. It packs a punch and I look FABULOUS in it. I'm sure the M1's are going to be worth the $$$$$.

I thought they were going to make the M1 into a $150k+ supercar. I heard something about a pair of 330hp electric motors..
4409a059-ffff-c81e.jpg

BMW is pretty much the most popular status symbol here in SoFla.
He drives the Bimmer and she has the Rover and yes everyone is supposed to admire and envy them in their expensive cars.

Back