Launching

Well here are my times with stock wheelbase busa.
BTW I weight 240suited

Here are the times with 6 inch over arm running Shinko tire
Hope this helps

I leave with "one foot on the peg/stock wheelbase" and get low 1.5s all the time. I've been a couple of high 1.4s but usually end up wheelying through second and getting a bad 330 because of short shifting. A stock wheelbase bike takes time to get the 60ft down, with a 1397 to it makes it even more of a challenge.

heres my times from last wednesday @ gateway in stl.

r/t   .104
60'   1.679
330  4.234
1/8   6.35
mph  116.31
1000  8.194
1/4    9.77
mph   145.3

my mods are air box mod.  pc w/ custom map, brock davison clutch mod. air shifter, k&n, lowered 2" rear and 9/16 front and strapped, pair mod. m4 exhaust, 16 tooth front sprocket, and shinko.

you should had the airbox modded b4 you had the pc mapped.  if you mod now you'll have to change your map.

<!--EDIT|crew illogic
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152575229 -->

r/t   .104
60'   1.679
330  4.234
1/8   6.35
mph  116.31
1000  8.194
1/4    9.77
mph   145.3

my mods are air box mod.  pc w/ custom map, brock davison clutch mod. air shifter, k&n, lowered 2" rear and 9/16 front and strapped, pair mod. m4 exhaust, 16 tooth front sprocket, and shinko.

you should had the airbox modded b4 you had the pc mapped.  if you mod now you'll have to change your map.
you got some good mph!!! you're stock wheelbase?

r/t   .104
60'   1.679
330  4.234
1/8   6.35
mph  116.31
1000  8.194
1/4    9.77
mph   145.3

It was already mapped like this when I got it. I did have it checked and the AF is right on. I've got another I'm thinking airbox about modding and dyno with pump gas and VP MP9. Then I can load whatever I need.

Your MPH is up there, what do you weigh.... about a buck-40?

I'm at 230 and hitting right at 137-138 MPH

With the set-up that you're at, you should be in the 9's.  You won't get into the 9's launching with one foot on the peg, you got to have both feet down for balancing.  5000 rpm is all you need for launching with your set-up. now if you extend your bike then you'll have to go up on the rpm's.  Put 93 octane in your busa that will help more and take your airfilter out only when you're racing. More air, more power.
I don't think 93 octane will help with a stock motor. It runs better on 87 than 91. I'm almost in the 9's. Ran a 10.02 this weekend with the same setup. Still foot shifting launching with one foot on the peg. ran an 02, 06 and half a dozen 08s.

With the set-up that you're at, you should be in the 9's.  You won't get into the 9's launching with one foot on the peg, you got to have both feet down for balancing.  5000 rpm is all you need for launching with your set-up. now if you extend your bike then you'll have to go up on the rpm's.  Put 93 octane in your busa that will help more and take your airfilter out only when you're racing. More air, more power.
I don't think 93 octane will help with a stock motor. It runs better on 87 than 91. I'm almost in the 9's. Ran a 10.02 this weekend with the same setup. Still foot shifting launching with one foot on the peg. ran an 02, 06 and half a dozen 08s.
the 93 works for me. Are you at full throttle when you launch? You have to be at full throttle and off the clutch by time you hit the 60 foot mark. When you get your 60 foot down in the 1.50's, you'll get into the 9's. But I do feel that you have to launch with 2 feet down but what works best for you.. Keep working on it and you'll get there. Also did you get your bike tuned or did you use one of those pre-map settings from dyno?

the 93 works for me.  Are you at full throttle when you launch?  You have to be at full throttle and off the clutch by time you hit the 60 foot mark.  When you get your 60 foot down in the 1.50's, you'll get into the 9's.  But I do feel that you have to launch with 2 feet down but what works best for you.. Keep working on it and you'll get there.  Also did you get your bike tuned or did you use one of those pre-map settings from dyno?
I'm not rolling the throttle to full quick enough but getting there. Best 60 is 1.63. I was more comfortable with 2 feet down, but can not get it on the shifter consistantly for the 1-2 shift. After making about 40 passes with one down, it is natural to me now. Bike was tuned on a dyno before I got it. I did have it run to double check and it looks good.

the 93 works for me.  Are you at full throttle when you launch?  You have to be at full throttle and off the clutch by time you hit the 60 foot mark.  When you get your 60 foot down in the 1.50's, you'll get into the 9's.  But I do feel that you have to launch with 2 feet down but what works best for you.. Keep working on it and you'll get there.  Also did you get your bike tuned or did you use one of those pre-map settings from dyno?
I'm not rolling the throttle to full quick enough but getting there. Best 60 is 1.63. I was more comfortable with 2 feet down, but can not get it on the shifter consistantly for the 1-2 shift. After making about 40 passes with one down, it is natural to me now. Bike was tuned on a dyno before I got it. I did have it run to double check and it looks good.
getting your foot up takes practice but you might want to invest in an air shifter. Also, do you race with your seat on? I take my seat off when I race. Helps me get deeper into the bike so I can launch harder. When you get at full throttle in the 60 foot, your times will go down very quickly.

I'm trying to avoid, air shifters, bars, and longer arms. I have a drag seat I use.
seat.jpg

Make sure that your wheel is all the way back then you can come down another hole in your dogbones.  It's now all about practice and being at full throttle....good luck!!!
It is in street trim in that shot. I was just fitting the seat. It drops about another 1.25-1.5 inches in the rear and 1.25 in the front. You might be able to tell in the avatar. Using adjustable links in the rear. Makes it much easier to adjust.

Make sure that your wheel is all the way back then you can come down another hole in your dogbones.  It's now all about practice and being at full throttle....good luck!!!
It is in street trim in that shot. I was just fitting the seat. It drops about another 1.25-1.5 inches in the rear and 1.25 in the front. You might be able to tell in the avatar. Using adjustable links in the rear. Makes it much easier to adjust.
Come down another inch in the back. let me know what you run the next time you're down the track.

r/t   .104
60'   1.679
330  4.234
1/8   6.35
mph  116.31
1000  8.194
1/4    9.77
mph   145.3

you got some good mph!!!  you're stock wheelbase?
yep bone stock wheel base. made that pass in front of antron brown and angelle sampey. they were at the track that night testing. thanks by the way guys. i weigh 185 w/out leathers on.

100_2210-1.jpg

100_2207-1.jpg

this was me racing against a new 14. that makes the second 1 ive beatin

100_2114.jpg

this is kail from pinks using my bike to ride to the other end of the track to tell who wins the race. the episode should be on in 2 weeks.

100_2209.jpg

Just checkin up on your progress man. Looks like a slow, but sure battle. I dont understand why you are so against an air shirter though? I have one on my bike and love it. Its not like you have to use it all the time. Just when you need it. I have no choice but to air shift on my bike becuase I run wet nitrous and simply cant get to the shifter to get out of 1st. Im tellin ya bro, invest in that air shifter and launch that thing! No shame in that if you really care about going as fast as possible. Nice progress so far though, Nothin like workin your way up and learning along the way.

Back